Reclaiming Your VAT
Reclaim the VAT on your Euromoney Training Courses in the UK
Why am I being charged VAT?
The EU VAT Directive stipulates that all training and educational courses that are provided in the UK must include a VAT charge on payment.
Can I reclaim my VAT back?
Overseas delegates who attend our courses in the UK are eligible to claim their VAT back once it has been paid.
How can I claim the VAT back paid on a course?
There are two ways in which you can claim back VAT back from the UK.
Option 1 - Directly through HM Revenue and Customs
The most cost-efficient way is to claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
Option 2 - Through our Recommended VAT Reclaim Service – VAT IT
The specific rules for VAT reclaim will vary according to the laws of your country of residence. This can be complicated and time-consuming.
Euromoney have an exclusive partnership with VAT IT, specialists in international VAT reclaim. VAT IT will review, process and submit your VAT refund on your behalf.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
If you want to find out more about this service, please email your details to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Module 1: Introduction to the LME
This course can be attended as a stand-alone, one-day introduction. It also represents Module 1 of the following courses:
This course offers you a solid introduction to the services provided by the London Metal Exchange and demonstrates how these services can improve your organisation’s approach to price risk management. It provides a practical overview of operations, structure, products, trading terminology and procedures. Both theoretical and practical skills developed at this course can be applied easily in the workplace.
What will you learn?
- Become familiar with the LME’s prompt date structure and trading procedures
- Gain a full understanding of the LME’s market terminology
- Understand the benefits of the delivery process used by the LME
- Gain an understanding of the benefits of clearing and the role of LME Clear
- Learn how to access the LME through member firms and the role of a broker
Benefits for your organisation
Your organisation will benefit from having employees with a clear understanding of how the LME operates and how its core services of pricing, hedging, and delivery can benefit the company.
Who should attend
This course is suitable for you if you have little or no knowledge of the London Metal Exchange’s operations and want to learn how these services can add value to your business.
- History, organisation and primary services of the LME
- Pricing methodology
- Introduction to hedging
- Prompt date structure and other LME terminology
- LME contracts
- Warehousing and fundamentals of delivery
- Trading at the LME and trading floor visit*
- Understanding the role of an LME broker/dealer
- Clearing and LME Clear
- Regulation of the LME
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – we have delivered training solutions for 95% of worlds’ top 100 banks and have trained over 250,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 150 strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 20,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 180 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 96% on service and 95% on product
Emma JenkinsMy banking career started with modelling, pricing and structuring interest rate, FX and commodity derivatives. Now, I divide my time between consulting to commodity companies and delivering training courses in this area.
BiographyThe course director has many years’ experience covering commodity markets, derivative pricing and structuring, and loan origination. After graduating from Trinity College, Dublin, with a BSc Hons, a gold medal and Foundation Scholarship in Mathematics, she commenced her banking career in the Goldman Sachs graduate program. After this, she joined Westpac Banking Corporation where she was responsible for the design and implementation of derivative pricing models for the interest rate and FX trading desks. She moved into the commodity arena when she joined Credit Suisse to market complex hedge structures in precious metals and associated financings. She later joined Macquarie Bank as a specialist commodity director, where she provided a complete banking service to clients in the base and precious metals, and oil and gas sectors. She is currently a director of a consulting business which specialises in commodity price risk management and related expert witness work. Her clients range from central banks and regulators, large miners, traders and manufacturers, wealth managers, through to small import/export businesses, thereby giving her a unique insight into the issues facing the many market participants.