Claiming Back Your VAT
All attendees of a London based course incur VAT as a part of the cost of attendance.
Euromoney Learning have partnered with VAT IT to allow you the unique opportunity to recoup the VAT incurred.
Using VAT IT's extensive experience and simple sign-up and refund process, every invoice can be turned into cash for your business.
Claim the VAT that's rightfully yours in four simple steps:
1. Register your interest
2. Sign a few simple documents
3. VAT IT processes your claim
4. Receive your refund
Why choose VAT IT
VAT IT have spent two decades identifying, researching and perfecting the foreign VAT Reclaim process and built the best back end technology in the industry. By partnering with Euromoney Learning, we can provide you with a fast and effective way to reclaim your VAT which helps reduce the cost of your training.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
Can I claim back the VAT myself?
You can claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Introduction to the London Metal Exchange: One Day
This course can be attended as a stand-alone, one-day introduction. It also represents Module 1 of the following courses:
This course offers you a solid introduction to the services provided by the London Metal Exchange and demonstrates how these services can improve your organisation’s approach to price risk management. It provides a practical overview of operations, structure, products, trading terminology and procedures. Both theoretical and practical skills developed at this course can be applied easily in the workplace.
What will you learn?
- Become familiar with the LME’s prompt date structure and trading procedures
- Gain a full understanding of the LME’s market terminology
- Understand the benefits of the delivery process used by the LME
- Gain an understanding of the benefits of clearing and the role of LME Clear
- Learn how to access the LME through member firms and the role of a broker
Benefits for your organisation
Your organisation will benefit from having employees with a clear understanding of how the LME operates and how its core services of pricing, hedging, and delivery can benefit the company.
Who should attend
This course is suitable for you if you have little or no knowledge of the London Metal Exchange’s operations and want to learn how these services can add value to your business.
- History, organisation and primary services of the LME
- Pricing methodology
- Introduction to hedging
- Prompt date structure and other LME terminology
- LME contracts
- Warehousing and fundamentals of delivery
- Trading at the LME and trading floor visit*
- Understanding the role of an LME broker/dealer
- Clearing and LME Clear
- Regulation of the LME
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – we have delivered training solutions for 95% of worlds’ top 100 banks and have trained over 250,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 150 strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 20,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 180 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 96% on service and 95% on product
BiographyRobert is among the world’s most highly recognized commodity risk management educators and a long-time consultant to global industry. His unique insight and wisdom have been developed through 38 years of accumulated experience with base and ferrous metals, energy, soft commodities, shipping and carbon and is supported by a postgraduate level education in economics and development studies. Deep-seated risk management know-how was acquired from his work in banking, trading and commodity research. Many important years were spent employed by highly respected companies such as Bank of Nova Scotia, Mittal Steel (later ArcelorMittal) as well with as the London Metal Exchange. Various global, regional and academic institutions have also consulted Robert for his well-known expertise in the field. He has recently teamed up with The Metals Risk Team of David Waite, Michael Lockwood and Fred Demler three highly experienced members of the metal community.A leader in best practice education for commodity risk management, he has been relied upon by the LME to provide their global bespoke training for senior decision makers at major mining, industrial and global institutions who rely upon the exchange. His simple, inclusive and engaging teaching methods have and continue to garner high praise from those he trains.