Reclaiming Your VAT
Reclaim the VAT on your Euromoney Training Courses in the UK
Why am I being charged VAT?
The EU VAT Directive stipulates that all training and educational courses that are provided in the UK must include a VAT charge on payment.
Can I reclaim my VAT back?
Overseas delegates who attend our courses in the UK are eligible to claim their VAT back once it has been paid.
How can I claim the VAT back paid on a course?
There are two ways in which you can claim back VAT back from the UK.
Option 1 - Directly through HM Revenue and Customs
The most cost-efficient way is to claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
Option 2 - Through our Recommended VAT Reclaim Service – VAT IT
The specific rules for VAT reclaim will vary according to the laws of your country of residence. This can be complicated and time-consuming.
Euromoney have an exclusive partnership with VAT IT, specialists in international VAT reclaim. VAT IT will review, process and submit your VAT refund on your behalf.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
If you want to find out more about this service, please email your details to: email@example.com
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Financing Agreements in Project Finance
"A very good, extensive, detailed and focused training course"
Past Attendee, BNP Paribas
"It was a very good, informative and practically useful course"
Past Attendee, The Arab Investment Company
Following the financial crisis, project finance transactions are on the rise. While the crisis saw an increased role for International Financial Institutions in developing countries, commercial banks are slowly returning to project finance in the developing and developed world.
Basic project finance techniques applied to well structured deals are still the rule. Sponsor support is often a deal breaker. Many PPPs are combining Viability Gap Financing along with commercial lending and concessional loans.
Course Highlights Include:
- Understanding the role of project documents
- Reviewing the concession contract, power purchase agreement, turnkey construction contract, and operation and maintenance agreements
- Understanding risk allocation
- Analysing key provisions of project loan agreements
- Examining the security documents
- Considering both direct and sponsor support agreements
- Learning effective documentation techniques
- Explore the main covenant issues
- Focuses on the different documents involved
- Analyses key provisions of project loan agreements
- Explores security, direct & sponsor support agreements
- Describes effective documentation techniques
- Reviews main covenant issues
Day 1The Role of the Project Documents
- Overview of what constitutes 'project documents’ and their role in a project
- Lender’s perspectives as compared to sponsors and offtakers
Presentation of key issues of bankability in a power purchase agreement/Concession Agreement, including:
- Different structures available: take or pay, minimum take, merchant
- Entry into operation
- Site/existing assets
- Payment structures
- Payment security
- Step-in rights
- Dispute resolution
Delegates will analyse provisions of a power purchase agreement/concession agreement to identify key areas of bankability.
Turnkey Construction Contract
Presentation of turnkey construction contracts and key issues of bankability, including:
- Single point responsibility
- Fixed price
- Date certain
- Liquidated damages for delay and performance
- Dispute resolution
Presentation of key issues of bankability in O&M agreements
- Different structures available
- Dispute resolution
Delegates will be split into groups and will examine a case study using risk allocation techniques.
Day 2Introduction to Financing Agreements
- What are financing agreements?
- Main particularities and typical provisions of each of the basic financing agreements will be analysed:
- - Loan agreement
- - Intercreditor agreement
- - Security documents
- - Sponsor support
- Lenders of last resort/preferred creditors
- A loan & B loan
- Representations and warranties
- Affirmative and negative covenants
- Events of default
- The significance of support agreements
- The sponsor’s role
- Forms of support from sponsors
- Key provisions
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – we have delivered training solutions for 95% of worlds’ top 100 banks and have trained over 250,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 150 strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 20,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 180 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 96% on service and 95% on product
BiographyJohn D. Crothers is a partner in the Paris office of Gide Loyrette Nouel. His practice concentrates on project finance, banking and privatisation in both the developing and developed world.John has advised international financial institutions, concession companies, operators, contractors and bidding consortia in infrastructure projects ranging from toll roads to IPPs, water treatment facilities and mobile telephony.Prior to joining Gide Loyrette Nouel, John was counsel to the EBRD in London and thus has in-depth knowledge of how to work with IFIs. John is a member of the Bar in New York and Paris.
You can take a look at some of our recommended hotels on this map. If you need help booking accommodation for your visit to our training courses, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our partners will help you get the best rate possible."