Claiming Back Your VAT
All attendees of a London based course incur VAT as a part of the cost of attendance.
Euromoney Learning have partnered with VAT IT to allow you the unique opportunity to recoup the VAT incurred.
Using VAT IT's extensive experience and simple sign-up and refund process, every invoice can be turned into cash for your business.
Claim the VAT that's rightfully yours in four simple steps:
1. Register your interest
2. Sign a few simple documents
3. VAT IT processes your claim
4. Receive your refund
Why choose VAT IT
VAT IT have spent two decades identifying, researching and perfecting the foreign VAT Reclaim process and built the best back end technology in the industry. By partnering with Euromoney Learning, we can provide you with a fast and effective way to reclaim your VAT which helps reduce the cost of your training.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
Can I claim back the VAT myself?
You can claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Financing Agreements in Project Finance
"A very good, extensive, detailed and focused training course"
"It was a very good, informative and practically useful course"
The Arab Investment Company
Basic project finance techniques applied to well structured deals are still the golden rule. Sponsor support is often a deal breaker. Many PPPs are combining Viability Gap Financing along with commercial lending and concessional loans.
Course Highlights Include:
- Understanding the role of project documents
- Reviewing the concession contract, power purchase agreement, turnkey construction contract, and operation and maintenance agreements
- Understanding risk allocation
- Analysing key provisions of project loan agreements
- Examining the security documents
- Considering both direct and sponsor support agreements
- Learning effective documentation techniques
- Explore the main covenant issues
- Focuses on the different documents involved
- Analyses key provisions of project loan agreements
- Explores security, direct & sponsor support agreements
- Describes effective documentation techniques
- Reviews main covenant issues
Day 1The Role of the Project Documents
- Overview of what constitutes 'project documents’ and their role in a project
- Lender’s perspectives as compared to sponsors and offtakers
The Power Purchase Agreement/Concession Agreement
Presentation of key issues of bankability in a power purchase agreement/Concession Agreement, including:
- Different structures available: take or pay, minimum take, merchant
- Entry into operation
- Site/existing assets
- Payment structures
- Payment security
- Step-in rights
- Dispute resolution
Workshop: The Power Purchase Agreement/Concession Contract
Delegates will analyse provisions of a power purchase agreement/concession agreement to identify key areas of bankability.
Turnkey Construction Contract
Presentation of turnkey construction contracts and key issues of bankability, including:
- Single point responsibility
- Fixed price
- Date certain
- Liquidated damages for delay and performance
- Dispute resolution
Operation and Maintenance Agreements
Presentation of key issues of bankability in O&M agreements
- Different structures available
- Dispute resolution
Workshop: Risk Allocation
Delegates will be split into groups and will examine a case study using risk allocation techniques.
Day 2Introduction to Financing Agreements
- What are financing agreements?
- Main particularities and typical provisions of each of the basic financing agreements will be analysed:
- - Loan agreement
- - Intercreditor agreement
- - Security documents
- - Sponsor support
Dealing with International Financial Institutions
- Lenders of last resort/preferred creditors
- A loan & B loan
Examining the Security Documents
- Representations and warranties
- Affirmative and negative covenants
- Events of default
Explaining the Support Agreements
- The significance of support agreements
- The sponsor’s role
- Forms of support from sponsors
- Key provisions
Close of course
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – we have delivered training solutions for 95% of worlds’ top 100 banks and have trained over 250,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 150 strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 20,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 180 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 96% on service and 95% on product
BiographyJohn D. Crothers is a partner in the Paris office of Gide Loyrette Nouel. His practice concentrates on project finance, banking and privatisation in both the developing and developed world.John has advised international financial institutions, concession companies, operators, contractors and bidding consortia in infrastructure projects ranging from toll roads to IPPs, water treatment facilities and mobile telephony.Prior to joining Gide Loyrette Nouel, John was counsel to the EBRD in London and thus has in-depth knowledge of how to work with IFIs. John is a member of the Bar in New York and Paris.