Claiming Back Your VAT
All attendees of a London based course incur VAT as a part of the cost of attendance.
Euromoney Learning have partnered with VAT IT to allow you the unique opportunity to recoup the VAT incurred.
Using VAT IT's extensive experience and simple sign-up and refund process, every invoice can be turned into cash for your business.
Claim the VAT that's rightfully yours in four simple steps:
1. Register your interest
2. Sign a few simple documents
3. VAT IT processes your claim
4. Receive your refund
Why choose VAT IT
VAT IT have spent two decades identifying, researching and perfecting the foreign VAT Reclaim process and built the best back end technology in the industry. By partnering with Euromoney Learning, we can provide you with a fast and effective way to reclaim your VAT which helps reduce the cost of your training.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
Can I claim back the VAT myself?
You can claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
The aviation industry is greatly affected by the continually changing economic climate. The often technical and complex issues, as well as the myriad of liabilities surrounding it, can make financing aircraft a potentially expensive minefield.
Despite the risks involved, aviation finance is a potentially lucrative venture. With the correct financing and security structures, in conjunction with effective tax planning, many of these liabilities can be identified and accounted for.
This course, organised in association with course director Kenneth Gray, aims to provide an understanding of the key issues involved in aviation finance in order to identify and minimise the inherent risks and liabilities. The course utilises a variety of lectures and workshops to analyse the key legal, regulatory and documentary issues involved in aviation finance.
Topics covered include:
- Common financing tools
- Legal documentation
- Different types of leases and similar instruments
- Ownership rights
- Analysis of some specific events of default
- Residual value guarantees
- Pre-delivery payment financing
About this course
Topics covered include:
· Current state of the market
· Sources of liquidity
· Common financing tools
· Legal documentation
· Different types of leases
· Security and the Cape Town Convention
· Export credits
· Pre delivery payment financing.
Introduction to Aircraft Finance
· What makes it so different?
· The current state of the market
· Financial institutions
· New sources of liquidity
· Operating lessors
· Insurance companies.
· Secured loans
· Operating and finance leases
· Capital markets
· Tax leases
· Export credits
· AFIC and Balthasar structures
· Purchase agreement
· Loan, lease, mortgage
· Assignment of lease
· Assignment of insurances
· The Chicago Convention
· Where to register an aircraft
· Case Studies
· How do you decide what type of lease you want?
· Operating leases and finance leases
· Sale and leasebacks
· Tax leases
· Covenants and conditions precedent
· Examination of those that are specific to aircraft finance transaction
· Maintenance, operations and return conditions
· Why might a lease want to sub-lease on aircraft?
· Concerns for lessors
· What is a contract of insurance?
· The rights of a creditor relating to a contract of insurance
· Total and partial loss –case studies
· A practical review of the actual contents of an insurance policy, its terms and their impact and consideration of how the policy and the insurance clause have been affected by world events.
· Mortgages and other types of security
· The impact of the Basel Accords
· Aircraft mortgages
· A comparison of mortgages in different jurisdictions
· The International Registry
· International interests
· Why and when they are used
· Insolvency proofing
· What they are
· Double Tax Treaties
· The BEPS proposals
· Dealing with multiple jurisdictions
· Legal opinions
· What is a tax lease?
· Risk allocation
· The trust structure
· Combining the requirements of parties to a transactions: how to structure a deal so that everyone’s concerns are dealt with.
· What they are
· How they interact with the lease documents
· What are export credit agencies?
· Their role in aircraft finance
· The Aircraft Sector Understanding
· Eximbonds and ECA Wraps
· The AFIC and Balthasar structures
· How to structure a PDP facility
· What security is available for Lenders to a PDP facility?
· Lease Portfolio securitisations
· EETCs: what they are and how they are structured
· How they can be combined with other structures
· ECA wraps
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – we have delivered training solutions for 95% of worlds’ top 100 banks and have trained over 250,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 150 strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 20,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 180 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 96% on service and 95% on product
Kenneth GrayMy consultancy career has focused primarily on aircraft and other asset finance, and so all of my training courses draw on first-hand experiences, insights, and examples.
BiographyKenneth Gray is regarded as a foremost expert in Aviation Finance and Aircraft Leasing. Kenneth trained as a barrister before joining Norton Rose Fulbright, a leading international law firm, in 1986. In 1990 he moved to Paris to found Norton Rose Fulbright’s office there. He was elected to the partnership in 1993 and returned to London in 1999, before retiring from the partnership in 2001. Since then he has continued to work as a consultant at Norton Rose Fulbright in addition to providing legal training. His practice at Norton Rose Fulbright consists primarily in representing airlines and banks, as well as the export credit agencies of several European countries, in implementing complex cross-border finance transactions – and advising them on work outs when the borrower encounters financial problems. Kenneth has won numerous awards, including being voted one of the top 20 aviation lawyers in the world by the Best of the Best Guide and one of the Hot 100 lawyers in the United Kingdom as voted by The Lawyer Magazine. He has been involved in many ground-breaking transactions over the years, including Jane’s Transport Finance “Aircraft Innovator of the Year”, and the Airfinance Journals’ deal of the year on four occasions. Kenneth is qualified as a solicitor and as an avocat at the Paris bar.
Marriott London County Hall
The map attached details some of our most frequently used venues
If you need help booking accommodation for your visit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our partners will help you get the best rate possible.