Claiming Back Your VAT
All attendees of a London based course incur VAT as a part of the cost of attendance.
Euromoney Learning have partnered with VAT IT to allow you the unique opportunity to recoup the VAT incurred.
Using VAT IT's extensive experience and simple sign-up and refund process, every invoice can be turned into cash for your business.
Claim the VAT that's rightfully yours in four simple steps:
1. Register your interest
2. Sign a few simple documents
3. VAT IT processes your claim
4. Receive your refund
Why choose VAT IT
VAT IT have spent two decades identifying, researching and perfecting the foreign VAT Reclaim process and built the best back end technology in the industry. By partnering with Euromoney Learning, we can provide you with a fast and effective way to reclaim your VAT which helps reduce the cost of your training.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
Can I claim back the VAT myself?
You can claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Loan Documentation School (Modular Course)
“It gives you a thorough understanding of the fundamentals of international loan documentation”
Head, Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation
“Well structured and clear. Excellent trainer!”
VP, BNP Paribas Singapore
This course is made up of two separately bookable modules:
Module 1: Loan Documentation (Day 1-3)
Module 2: Advanced Loan Documentation (Day 4-5)
'Loan Documentation' is an intensive course that covers all aspects of a loan transaction, concentrating particularly on the agreement itself and on the legal implications of a properly drafted and incorrectly drafted document. Delegates will be taken step-by-step through the process of documenting a loan, from the early stages of pre-contractual issues, letters of commitment and written offers, through to administrative provisions, representations, covenants, defaults, transfer provisions, guarantees and the
eventuality of insolvency.
'Advanced Loan Documentation' builds on the content of the first module - 'Loan Documentation' and it focuses on the practical interactive workshops on the key issues and on detailed comments on the agreement. The course is highly interactive, giving participants a more detailed understanding of the loan documentation in practice. It builds on the previous module by looking at the loan agreement in different commercial contexts and at structural issues which commonly arise.
Summary of course content
- Start from pre-contractual issues and explore the key clauses in a loan agreement
- Spot key issues and deal with comments
Avoid conflicts between representations, conditions precedent, undertakings and
events of default
Review the loan agreement in different commercial situations: Project corporate
and asset based financings
- Review contractual support arrangements
- Examine common intercreditor arrangements
This course is both practical and interactive. It has been designed to be immediately relevant to lawyers and bankers involved in loan documentation. Through a series of formal lectures, group discussions and workshops, delegates will cover all aspects of loan transactions, concentrating particularly on the agreement itself.
All participants on our Loan Documentation training courses will receive a complimentary copy of “The Handbook of International Loan Documentation”, written by our expert faculty, Sue Wright. ISBN 978-1-137-46758-4
This programme is approved for listing on the Financial Training Scheme (FTS) Programme Directory and is eligible for FTS claims subject to all eligibility criteria being met.
Please note that in no way does this represent an endorsement of the quality of the training provider and programme. Participants are advised to assess the suitability of the programme and its relevance to participants’ business activities or job roles.
The FTS is available to eligible entities, at a 50% funding level of programme fees, subject to a cap of $2,000/participant/programme and all eligibility criteria being met. FTS claims may only be made for programmes listed on the FTS Programme Directory with specified validity period. Please refer to www.ibf.org.sg for more information.
Please note that this course is only eligible for FTS Funding when registering for all modules.
INTRODUCTION: The most common structures of loan transactions
- Single banks and syndicated loan
- Term loans and revolving credit facilities
- Single currency and multi-currency facilities
- Loan and guarantee facilities
- Secured and unsecured facilities
Pre Contractual Issues
- What issues should it address
- How much detail should it contain
- Is it intended to create a legally binding commitment
LIBOR funding and broken funding costs
This session will involve consideration of how the Eurocurrency interbank markets work and the consequences in the documentation in terms of
- Interest rates and interest periods
- Broken funding costs (and profits)
- Default interest
Here we will look at withholding tax, double taxation treaties, and the consequences for the loan documentation
OVERVIEW AND ADMINISTRATIVE PROVISIONS
This session will involve an overview of the Loan Agreement and how it is structured to protect the Lender, and an examination of some of the “mechanical” provisions of a typical loan agreement, such as the payments clause and the procedures to be followed on drawdown
- Drawdown procedures
- Repayment and prepayment
Delegates will consider the purpose of the representations. Typical representations will be considered, including common comments from either side.
As homework, participants will review a specimen loan agreement t identify conflicts between different provisions
We will review the homework; the impact of repeating representations; and the interrelations between different parts of the document, both in a term loan and in a revolving credit
COVENANTS AND EVENT
Typical covenants and events of default will be discussed, including
- Financial covenants
- Cross default
- Material Adverse Change
COVENANTS AND EVENTS OF DEFAULT (contd.)
GLOSSARY OF TERMS
BOILERPLATE PROVISIONS AND LOAN TRANSFERS
- Set-off clause
- Agency clause
- Pro rata sharing clause
- Sub participations
Homework Exercise - Calculate the likely recoveries of different classes of creditors in a winding up
SECURITY AND QUASI SECURITY
Different types of security will be considered, including
- charges (fixed and floating);
- title as an alternative
- security on contracts
SECURITY AND QUASI SECURITY (contd.)
- Commercial benefit and transactions at an undervalue
- Common provisions of a guarantee
DUE DILIGENCE AND WHERE TO DO IT
- What issues are relevant?
- Where to conduct due diligence
- Legal opinions
End of Course
Registration and Welcome Coffee
- Review of Key Loan Agreement Issues
- “Relevant Companies”
- Conflict between representations, conditions precedent, undertakings and events of default
- The pari passu clause
- The negative pledge
- The cross default clause
- The material adverse change clause
- Linking the loan to the borrower`s rating
- “material”, “reasonable” worth the debate?
- Grace periods
- Prepayment events
- Subjectivity and control in the context of events of default
- Participants will consider a number of borrower’s comments on the Loan Agreement
- This exercise will highlight key topics within Representations, Undertakings, Events of Default, and Boilerplate, including
- Repeated Representations
- Negative Pledge
- No Disposals
- Cross Default
- Material Adverse Change
Key Legal Issues
- Governing law and jurisdiction
- What courts have jurisdiction to deal with disputes in an international context? What law will they apply?
- In what circumstances might obligations be avoided or become unenforceable?
- Financial assistance
- Ultra vires
- Commercial benefit
- Transactions at an undervalue
- Interference with contracts
We will review a number of different intercreditor agreements relevant to different circumstances
End of Course
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – we have delivered training solutions for 95% of worlds’ top 100 banks and have trained over 250,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 150 strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 20,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 180 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 96% on service and 95% on product
Dubai has an incredible number of hotels. Courses held here are mainly held at the:
Nassima Royal Hotel
Plot 49 Sheikh Zayed Road, Trade Centre District Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Nassima Royal Hotel is a modern, stylish, luxury hotel on Sheikh Zayed Road. Towering at 51 stories, the hotel offers stunning views over Dubai and its iconic landmarks.
You can also view other recommended hotels on this map:"