Euromoney Learning On-Demand
Powered by Finance Unlocked
Learn about every aspect of finance, delivered through one-off videos and in-depth pathwaysLearn More
VAT on Virtual and Online Programmes
Claiming Back Your VAT
All attendees of a London based course incur VAT as a part of the cost of attendance.
Euromoney Learning have partnered with VAT IT to allow you the unique opportunity to recoup the VAT incurred.
Using VAT IT's extensive experience and simple sign-up and refund process, every invoice can be turned into cash for your business.
Claim the VAT that's rightfully yours in four simple steps:
1. Register your interest
2. Sign a few simple documents
3. VAT IT processes your claim
4. Receive your refund
Why choose VAT IT
VAT IT have spent two decades identifying, researching and perfecting the foreign VAT Reclaim process and built the best back end technology in the industry. By partnering with Euromoney Learning, we can provide you with a fast and effective way to reclaim your VAT which helps reduce the cost of your training.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
Can I claim back the VAT myself?
You can claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Loan Documentation School: Module 2 - Advanced Loan Documentation
This Loan Documentation School is made up of two separately bookable modules:
Loan Documentation School: Module 1- Loan Documentation (Day 1-3)
Loan Documentation School: Module 2 - Advanced Loan Documentation (Day 4-5)
Advanced Loan Documentation' builds on the content of the first module - 'Loan Documentation' and it focuses in more depth on key aspects of the loan agreement including an opportunity for delegates to debate some of these key clauses in a highly practical workshop. The course also covers the rest of the documentation package, including the legal, structural and intercreditor issues necessary for a full and speedy understanding of the package as a whole.
The course also looks at how the commercial context will affect the documentation - focusing in particular on project and asset finance and at the intercreditor arrangements.
This course will help you
- Consolidate your understanding of the commercially important points in the documentation package
- Improve your understanding of intercreditor agreements and of the different types of subordination and
- understand the key features of asset and project based loans
- Master the important legal issues which commonly arise in a financing transaction including what can go wrong, where, and how to minimise the risks of this happening
- Learn what legal opinions do and do not do and their role in the due diligence process
Review of Key Loan Agreement Issues
- “Relevant Companies”
- Default, Events of Default and remediable Events of Default
- Conflict between representations, conditions precedent, undertakings and events of default
- The pari passu clause
- The negative pledge
- The cross default clause
- The material adverse change clause
- “material”, “reasonable” worth the debate?
- Grace periods
- Prepayment events
- Subjectivity and control in the context of events of default
- Comparison of asset finance, corporate finance and project finance based loan agreements
Participants will consider a number of borrower’s comments on the Loan Agreement. This exercise will highlight key topics within Representations, Undertakings, Events of Default, and Boilerplate, including
- Repeated Representations
- Negative Pledge
- No Disposals
- Cross Default
- Material Adverse Change
Key Legal Issues
- Governing law and jurisdiction
- What courts have jurisdiction to deal with disputes in an international context? What law will they apply?
In what circumstances might obligations be avoided or become unenforceable?
- Financial assistance
- Ultra vires
- Commercial benefit
- Transactions at an undervalue
- Interference with contracts
- The role of the legal opinion
- Subordinated debt and subordinated security
- Different methods of subordination of debt
- The issues to be addressed by an intercreditor agreement
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – 10/10 of the world’s largest banks have chosen us as there training provider and we have delivered training across the largest banks and have trained over 25,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 100+ strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 25,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 99 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 4.2/5 on service and 4.7/5 on Coursecheck
Sue Wright"I draw on my 20 years' experience as an English solicitor to run highly acclaimed training on loan documentation, international financial law and ship finance."
BiographySue Wright is a solicitor with over 18 years of experience in international banking transactions, including syndicated loans, subordinated debt, structured finance and tax driven transactions. She was a partner in the banking department at Norton Rose for 8 years and was responsible for training assistants there for 2 years. Sue has been highly recommended as one of the leading experts in her field by the Legal 500 and by Chambers. She was the Head of Professional Development at Herbert Smith and is now running an independent training consultancy, specialising in international banking.