Reclaiming Your VAT
Reclaim the VAT on your Euromoney Training Courses in the UK
Why am I being charged VAT?
The EU VAT Directive stipulates that all training and educational courses that are provided in the UK must include a VAT charge on payment.
Can I reclaim my VAT back?
Overseas delegates who attend our courses in the UK are eligible to claim their VAT back once it has been paid.
How can I claim the VAT back paid on a course?
There are two ways in which you can claim back VAT back from the UK.
Option 1 - Directly through HM Revenue and Customs
The most cost-efficient way is to claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
Option 2 - Through our Recommended VAT Reclaim Service – VAT IT
The specific rules for VAT reclaim will vary according to the laws of your country of residence. This can be complicated and time-consuming.
Euromoney have an exclusive partnership with VAT IT, specialists in international VAT reclaim. VAT IT will review, process and submit your VAT refund on your behalf.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
If you want to find out more about this service, please email your details to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Best Practices for Managing & Leading In-House Legal
This course represents module 1 of General Counsel & Chief Legal Officer (CLO) Programme.
During this training course you will have the opportunity to critically analyse different legal department structures, models and objectives to enable you to determine what is best for your organisation. You will explore the evolving complex responsibilities of an in-house legal department and the importance of good people management and learn how to develop and implement a balanced and flexible remit which will enable you to respond rapidly to ever changing business demands while adding demonstrable value to the business.
Attend this intensive, practical and highly interactive three-day training course and learn personal and professional skills for managing and leading a successful legal department, including:
- Why it’s important to consider the bigger picture
- How to better manage the way you and your team work to succeed in an increasingly complex and demanding in-house environment
- How to put the legal team at the heart of the business and engage with the business
- How to recruit for success, inspire and retain legal team staff
- How to position the legal team for higher performance
- How to partner with other functions within an organisation and work collaboratively
- How to develop and operate within an effective risk management and corporate governance framework
- How to establish good lines of communication
- How to influence decision-makers and communicate persuasively for business
- How to add value to your business – and demonstrate it!
Defining the role of In-house Legal
- The commercial context: why have inhouse capability?
- Roles & Responsibilities
- What does “good” look like?
- Needs analysis
- Alternate structures
- Achieving a vision
- Case study
- Team Essentials
- Required Resources
- Virtual Teams
- Essential Competencies
- Personal attributes
- Core Values
- Personal development
- Inspiring others
- Retention strategies
- Leadership defined
- Skills and Pitfalls
- In the In-house Legal context
- Leadership Styles
- Team Emotional Intelligence: a model for Team Effectiveness
- What is EI?
- Why is EI important?
- What is Team EI?
- How is Team EI measured?
- Model of Team Effectiveness
- Impact on performance
- Review and Feedback
Cross-functional integration: managing key relationships
- Collaboration in practice
- Benefits and Pitfalls
- Independence considerations
- Practical Considerations
- Technical adviser vs. business facilitator: maintaining credibility
- Raising commercial awareness of lawyers
- Perceptions and expectations
- Understanding your clients and the business needs
- Ensuring a quality offering
- Increasing efficiency
- “Selling” the service – messaging strategy
- Gaining management support
- Cost reduction opportunities
- Non-legal roles
- Managed services
- Other initiatives
- Selecting an external partner
- Tenders, panels and Master Service Agreements
- Fee arrangements
- Volume discounts and other benefits
- Current practices
- Types of metrics
- Management Information
- Corporate memory, record keeping and internal knowledge management
- Feedback on performance
- Performance goals for external legal providers
Practical Exercise: Team Challenge
- Effective communication skills
- Methods of Communication
- Active Listening
- Observation Skills
- Communication Styles
- Communication Considerations
- Effective writing techniques
- Check Style
- In-house Legal influence challenges
- EI – recap
- Best negotiation practices
- Ciandini’s Six Principles of Persuasion
- Identify need
- Why it matters
- Checks and balances
- How the inhouse team is instructed/used?
- Risk framework roles and remit
- Organisational risk appetite
- Consistency – enhancing and standardising approach
- Likelihood and impact assessment
- Risk Categories
- Risk reporting
- Mitigation and escalation
- Common issues for In-house Legal
Best Practices Recap
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – we have delivered training solutions for 95% of worlds’ top 100 banks and have trained over 250,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 150 strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 20,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 180 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 96% on service and 95% on product
- A practical real-world curriculum of both personal and professional skills for empowering in-house lawyers to respond and meet the demands of business leaders to deliver value to their organisations
BiographyKelli Read is an experienced and versatile general counsel with an extensive background in finance, M&A, corporate, commercial, contractual and risk management matters, gained over 25 years’ global experience in a variety of environments. Kelli has worked in both the public and private sector, in private practice and in-house,– in legal, business and leadership roles - including law firms (King & Wood Mallesons, Herbert Smith Freehills), investment banking (Nomura International), financial services (RBS Group/WorldPay & BNY Mellon), private equity (Terra Firma Capital Partners & GI Partners), a non-departmental public body (QCDA), professional services (PwC & AlixPartners), technology services (SQS Group and Shift Left), higher education (The University of Law) and as an executive (Commercial Director) in portfolio business operations in the healthcare and education sectors (Cambian Group).Kelli was born in and was first qualified and practised in Australia. She was later admitted as a UK solicitor in 1992 and has lived and practised law in the UK since 1996. Kelli is London-based and balances a portfolio career working as a general counsel adviser to SMEs and as a consultant to in-house legal departments, specialising in the training and coaching of lawyers and teams, developing strategies and building skills for better personal performance, team effectiveness and organisational impact. Kelli has a particular interest in legal team assessment, team building and leadership coaching. She is accredited in individual (Trait Emotional Intelligence Questionnaire (TEIQue®) and team emotional intelligence assessment (Team Ei Survey) and was recently certified in the Bates Executive Presence Index (ExPI™) assessment tool.Kelli is an engaging presenter who challenges participants to think critically about how to meet the complex challenges faced by in-house counsel and what the legal department should be considering and doing to tailor itself to and be aligned with business needs.
Your training venue will be confirmed by one of our course administrators approximately 3-4 weeks before the course start date.
As such we have detailed our most frequently used training destinations in London on this map. If you need help booking accommodation for your visit to our training courses, please contact email@example.com and one of our partners will help you get the best rate possible.