Claiming Back Your VAT
All attendees of a London based course incur VAT as a part of the cost of attendance.
Euromoney Learning have partnered with VAT IT to allow you the unique opportunity to recoup the VAT incurred.
Using VAT IT's extensive experience and simple sign-up and refund process, every invoice can be turned into cash for your business.
Claim the VAT that's rightfully yours in four simple steps:
1. Register your interest
2. Sign a few simple documents
3. VAT IT processes your claim
4. Receive your refund
Why choose VAT IT
VAT IT have spent two decades identifying, researching and perfecting the foreign VAT Reclaim process and built the best back end technology in the industry. By partnering with Euromoney Learning, we can provide you with a fast and effective way to reclaim your VAT which helps reduce the cost of your training.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
Can I claim back the VAT myself?
You can claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Best Practices for Managing & Leading In-house Legal
Best Practices for Managing & Leading In-house Legal represents module 1 of the General Counsel & Chief Legal Officer (CLO) Programme.
This course provides you with the opportunity to critically analyse different legal department structures, models and objectives so you can determine what is best for your organisation.
You will explore the evolving complex responsibilities of an in-house legal department and the importance of good people management and learn how to develop and implement a balanced and flexible remit which will enable you to respond rapidly to ever-changing business demands while adding demonstrable value to the business.
• How to better manage the way you and your team work to succeed in an increasingly complex and demanding in-house environment
• How to put the legal team at the heart of the business and engage with the business
• How to recruit for success, inspire and retain legal team staff
• How to position the legal team for higher performance
• How to partner with other functions within an organisation and work collaboratively
• How to develop and operate within an effective risk management and corporate governance framework
• How to establish good lines of communication
• How to influence decision-makers and communicate persuasively for business
• How to add value to your business - and demonstrate it!
Defining the role of In-house Legal
- The commercial context: why have inhouse capability?
- Roles & Responsibilities
- What does “good” look like?
- Needs analysis
- Alternate structures
- Achieving a vision
- Case study
- Team Essentials
- Required Resources
- Virtual Teams
- Essential Competencies
- Personal attributes
- Core Values
- Personal development
- Inspiring others
- Retention strategies
- Leadership defined
- Skills and Pitfalls
- In the In-house Legal context
- Leadership Styles
- Team Emotional Intelligence: a model for Team Effectiveness
- What is EI?
- Why is EI important?
- What is Team EI?
- How is Team EI measured?
- Model of Team Effectiveness
- Impact on performance
- Review and Feedback
Cross-functional integration: managing key relationships
- Collaboration in practice
- Benefits and Pitfalls
- Independence considerations
- Practical Considerations
- Technical adviser vs. business facilitator: maintaining credibility
- Raising commercial awareness of lawyers
- Perceptions and expectations
- Understanding your clients and the business needs
- Ensuring a quality offering
- Increasing efficiency
- “Selling” the service – messaging strategy
- Gaining management support
- Cost reduction opportunities
- Non-legal roles
- Managed services
- Other initiatives
- Selecting an external partner
- Tenders, panels and Master Service Agreements
- Fee arrangements
- Volume discounts and other benefits
- Current practices
- Types of metrics
- Management Information
- Corporate memory, record keeping and internal knowledge management
- Feedback on performance
- Performance goals for external legal providers
Practical Exercise: Team Challenge
- Effective communication skills
- Methods of Communication
- Active Listening
- Observation Skills
- Communication Styles
- Communication Considerations
- Effective writing techniques
- Check Style
- In-house Legal influence challenges
- EI – recap
- Best negotiation practices
- Ciandini’s Six Principles of Persuasion
- Identify need
- Why it matters
- Checks and balances
- How the inhouse team is instructed/used?
- Risk framework roles and remit
- Organisational risk appetite
- Consistency – enhancing and standardising approach
- Likelihood and impact assessment
- Risk Categories
- Risk reporting
- Mitigation and escalation
- Common issues for In-house Legal
Best Practices Recap
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – 10/10 of the world’s largest banks have chosen us as there training provider and we have delivered training across the largest banks and have trained over 25,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 100+ strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 25,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 99 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 4.2/5 on service and 4.7/5 on Coursecheck
- A practical real-world curriculum of both personal and professional skills for empowering in-house lawyers to respond and meet the demands of business leaders to deliver value to their organisations
BiographyKelli Read is an experienced and versatile general counsel with an extensive background in finance, M&A, corporate, commercial, contractual and risk management matters, gained over 25 years’ global experience in a variety of environments. Kelli has worked in both the public and private sector, in private practice and in-house,– in legal, business and leadership roles - including law firms (King & Wood Mallesons, Herbert Smith Freehills), investment banking (Nomura International), financial services (RBS Group/WorldPay & BNY Mellon), private equity (Terra Firma Capital Partners & GI Partners), a non-departmental public body (QCDA), professional services (PwC & AlixPartners), technology services (SQS Group and Shift Left), higher education (The University of Law) and as an executive (Commercial Director) in portfolio business operations in the healthcare and education sectors (Cambian Group).Kelli was born in and was first qualified and practised in Australia. She was later admitted as a UK solicitor in 1992 and has lived and practised law in the UK since 1996. Kelli is London-based and balances a portfolio career working as a general counsel adviser to SMEs and as a consultant to in-house legal departments, specialising in the training and coaching of lawyers and teams, developing strategies and building skills for better personal performance, team effectiveness and organisational impact. Kelli has a particular interest in legal team assessment, team building and leadership coaching. She is accredited in individual (Trait Emotional Intelligence Questionnaire (TEIQue®) and team emotional intelligence assessment (Team Ei Survey) and was recently certified in the Bates Executive Presence Index (ExPI™) assessment tool.Kelli is an engaging presenter who challenges participants to think critically about how to meet the complex challenges faced by in-house counsel and what the legal department should be considering and doing to tailor itself to and be aligned with business needs.
The map attached details some of our most frequently used venues
If you need help booking accommodation for your visit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our partners will help you get the best rate possible.