Claiming Back Your VAT
All attendees of a London based course incur VAT as a part of the cost of attendance.
Euromoney Learning have partnered with VAT IT to allow you the unique opportunity to recoup the VAT incurred.
Using VAT IT's extensive experience and simple sign-up and refund process, every invoice can be turned into cash for your business.
Claim the VAT that's rightfully yours in four simple steps:
1. Register your interest
2. Sign a few simple documents
3. VAT IT processes your claim
4. Receive your refund
Why choose VAT IT
VAT IT have spent two decades identifying, researching and perfecting the foreign VAT Reclaim process and built the best back end technology in the industry. By partnering with Euromoney Learning, we can provide you with a fast and effective way to reclaim your VAT which helps reduce the cost of your training.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
Can I claim back the VAT myself?
You can claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Best Practices for Managing & Leading In-House Legal
This course represents module 1 of General Counsel & Chief Legal Officer (CLO) Programme.
During this training course you will have the opportunity to critically analyse different legal department structures, models and objectives to enable you to determine what is best for your organisation. You will explore the evolving complex responsibilities of an in-house legal department and the importance of good people management and learn how to develop and implement a balanced and flexible remit which will enable you to respond rapidly to ever changing business demands while adding demonstrable value to the business.
How this course will help you:
In this intensive, practical and highly interactive two day training course, you will:
- Learn how to better manage the way you and your team work to succeed in an increasingly complex and demanding in-house environment
- Consider how the legal department partners with other functions within an organisation, including Compliance, Finance and Marketing
- Understand how to develop and operate within an effective risk management framework
- Assess independence and commerciality issues, including privilege, effective written communication, influencing decision-makers and communicating persuasively for business
- Learn how to recruit for success, retain and inspire staff
- Learn how to add value – and demonstrate it!
- Network and share your experiences with other in-house counsel
The International In-house Counsel Journal is concerned with the exchange of ideas of In-house Counsel representing commercial organisations from all sectors and jurisdictions around the world. The journal contains papers based on case study experience of In-house Counsel in the main disciplines of commercial law from different jurisdictions.
The content of the journal is overseen by an editorial board that meets 4 times a year to discuss content and determine which papers are accepted for publication. The board is drawn from a range of industry sectors and jurisdiction with considerable international knowledge.
The International In-house Counsel Journal is a peer reviewed journal published electronically 12 times a year and in print form 4 times a year, delivering papers written by In-house Counsel covering the major areas of law:
Competition • Antitrust • Intellectual Property
Employment • Corporate Governance • Taxation
Commercial Litigation • Contracts • Data Protection
Franchising • Product Liability • Insurance
Health & Safety • In-house legal department management
International In-house Counsel Journal
Telephone: 00 44 (0) 203 09 29959
Anatomy of an in-house legal department
- The commercial context: why have inhouse capability?
- Corporate culture
- Business strategy
- Aligning legal services to business needs
- Alternate structures
- Identifying and prioritizing stakeholders
Legal team building
- Competency and skills mix
- Seniority mix
- Reporting lines
- Geographic focus
- Remote working
- Reaching full potential
Anatomy of an in-house lawyer
- What makes a good inhouse lawyer?
- Is there a gap with private practice lawyers?
- What are the expectations of the business?
Team Emotional Intelligence
- What is TEI?
- How is TEI measured?
- Perspectives and people
- Impact on performance
How to recruit for success, retain and inspire
- Goal Setting
- Personal development
- Empowering others
Evaluation exercise: How does your team shape up?
Cross-functional integration: managing key relationships
- Company secretariat
- Ethics and culture
Independence and commerciality
- Technical adviser vs. business facilitator: maintaining credibility
- Raising commercial awareness
- Business jargon
Value proposition / centre of excellence
- Understanding your clients and the business needs
- Networking / relationship building
- “Selling” the service – messaging strategy
- Gaining management support
- Ensuring a quality offering
- Feedback on performance
Metrics; KPIs and efficiency
- Current practices
- Management Information
- Corporate memory, record keeping and internal knowledge management
- Competencies frameworks and benchmarking
- Performance goals for external legal providers
- Non-legal roles
- Managed services
- Other initiatives
Relationships with external law firms and other service providers
- Value proposition:
- Tenders, panels and Master Service Agreements
- Fee arrangements
- Volume discounts and other benefits
Raising the legal bar within the business
- Training and education for nonlawyers
- Negotiating and contracting guidelines
- Recognizing legal risks and responsibilities
- Relationship with the Board and the Executive
- Policies & procedures
- Delegated authority
- Signing protocols
- How the inhouse team is instructed/used?
- Risk framework rolesand remit
- Organizational risk appetite
- Consistency – enhancing and standardizing approach
- Likelihood and impact assessment
- Legal risks
- Organizational risks
- Risk reporting
- Mitigation and escalation
- Internal audit
Effective communication skills
- Influencing business and persuasive communication
- How to write for business
The power of persuasion
- EI – recap
- Best negotiation practices
- Ciandini’s Six Weapons of Influence
Clinic: To discuss issues raised by participants
Course summary and close
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – we have delivered training solutions for 95% of worlds’ top 100 banks and have trained over 250,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 150 strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 20,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 180 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 96% on service and 95% on product
You can take a look at some of our recommended hotels on this map. If you need help booking accommodation for your visit to our training courses, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our partners will help you get the best rate possible."