Euromoney Learning On-Demand
Powered by Finance Unlocked
Learn about every aspect of finance, delivered through one-off videos and in-depth pathwaysLearn More
VAT on Virtual and Online Programmes
Claiming Back Your VAT
All attendees of a London based course incur VAT as a part of the cost of attendance.
Euromoney Learning have partnered with VAT IT to allow you the unique opportunity to recoup the VAT incurred.
Using VAT IT's extensive experience and simple sign-up and refund process, every invoice can be turned into cash for your business.
Claim the VAT that's rightfully yours in four simple steps:
1. Register your interest
2. Sign a few simple documents
3. VAT IT processes your claim
4. Receive your refund
Why choose VAT IT
VAT IT have spent two decades identifying, researching and perfecting the foreign VAT Reclaim process and built the best back end technology in the industry. By partnering with Euromoney Learning, we can provide you with a fast and effective way to reclaim your VAT which helps reduce the cost of your training.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
Can I claim back the VAT myself?
You can claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Managing Downside Risk in a Recession
A two-day practical course designed to examine the ways business owners and operators can mitigate the downside risks faced during an economic downturn. Faced with the impacts of economic contraction, senior management has many levers they can pull to lessen the negative impact their employees and shareholders will experience. We will explore the array of tools available to buffer these hits.
Through lectures, interactive discussion, practical exercises, you will be able to:
- Describe the local and global business cycle
- Identify economic exposures faced by various industries
- Identify near-term/immediate areas of opportunity to weather a coming recession
- Explain how to realize medium-term business model changes to protect against weakening economic conditions.
- Develop a long-term plan for ensure business model flexibility in the face of volatile business conditions
Who Should Attend This Course?
- Corporate Financial Executives
- Business Unit Heads
- Operations Consultants
- Portfolio Managers
Day 1 – Negative Pressures Brought on In a Recession
- The Business Cycle
- Signs of Weakness in the Business Cycle
- Performing a Corporate Health Check
- Preparing for a Coming Recession
- Recession Resistant Industrial Sectors
Day 2 – Methods of Mitigating Downside Risks in a Recession
- Immediate Modifications
- Medium-Term Changes
- Long-Term Recession Proofing Techniques
- Case 1
- Case 2
- Case 3
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – 10/10 of the world’s largest banks have chosen us as there training provider and we have delivered training across the largest banks and have trained over 25,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 100+ strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 25,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 99 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 4.2/5 on service and 4.7/5 on Coursecheck
BiographyFaris has over 25 years of first-hand global financial markets experience. Over the span of his career, Faris has been actively involved in professional training including both as in-house instructor at Accenture, Morgan Stanley and Blackstone as well as designing and teaching web-based (online) and classroom-based courses for Harvard Business School, Harvard University, Moody’s Analytics, Fitch Learning, GLG, Columbia Business School, and MIT.Faris has designed and delivered many courses in finance/asset management/alternatives/etc. to students ranging from entry-level Analysts and Associates to CEOs and Executive Chairmen. Specific professional courses Faris has taught include: Financial Analysis and Model Construction, Financial Statement Analysis, Corporate Credit Analysis, Portfolio Theory, Construction, Measurement and Management, and Structured Credit. Additional specialized courses include Alternative Asset Management, Leveraged Finance/LBO Analysis, Acquisition Finance, Property Finance and Debt Capital Market Instruments. Faris has extensive knowledge of global capital markets and has delivered training to audiences of all levels in North America and Europe. Faris has actively engaged with budge bracket banks, international commercial banks and leading universities by providing engaging classroom-based courses on the practical application of corporate finance concepts using spreadsheets and advanced Excel techniques. Faris’ ability to simplify and illustrate even the most complex of topics has resulted in positive feedback from clients. Over his career, Faris has worked in the alternative asset management and leveraged finance industries at the Blackstone Group (GSO Capital), Pequot Capital Management, Morgan Stanley and JP Morgan. He specializes in the valuation and management of leveraged loans, high yield securities and structured credit assets. At GSO Capital, Faris was the Head of US Credit Research for the firm’s CLOs, BDCs, SMAs and Closed End (’40 Act) Funds. As a banker, he has advised clients on their creditworthiness in debt capital markets transactions, including obtaining initial credit ratings and advising on the capital structure and credit rating implications of various strategic transactions such as acquisitions, LBOs and share buybacks.Faris holds an MS in Finance from the MIT Sloan School of Management and a BS in Industrial Engineering and Operations Research from Virginia Tech. Faris serves on the MIT Education Council and is an active advocate of the Martin Trust Center for MIT Entrepreneurship. Faris speaks many languages including French, Arabic, and Mandarin.