Euromoney Learning On-Demand
Powered by Finance Unlocked
Learn about every aspect of finance, delivered through one-off videos and in-depth pathwaysLearn More
VAT on Virtual and Online Programmes
Claiming Back Your VAT
All attendees of a London based course incur VAT as a part of the cost of attendance.
Euromoney Learning have partnered with VAT IT to allow you the unique opportunity to recoup the VAT incurred.
Using VAT IT's extensive experience and simple sign-up and refund process, every invoice can be turned into cash for your business.
Claim the VAT that's rightfully yours in four simple steps:
1. Register your interest
2. Sign a few simple documents
3. VAT IT processes your claim
4. Receive your refund
Why choose VAT IT
VAT IT have spent two decades identifying, researching and perfecting the foreign VAT Reclaim process and built the best back end technology in the industry. By partnering with Euromoney Learning, we can provide you with a fast and effective way to reclaim your VAT which helps reduce the cost of your training.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
Can I claim back the VAT myself?
You can claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Treasury Management Academy: Module 3 - Advanced Derivatives and Islamic Treasury
The Treasury Management Academy can be booked as a full 2-week programme or individual weeks or modules.
Treasury Management Academy Week 1
Treasury Management Academy Week 2
Treasury Management Academy: 1 - Funding Markets and Interest Rate Hedging:
Treasury Management Academy: 2 - Foreign Exchange Derivatives
Treasury Management Academy: 3 - Advanced Derivatives and Islamic Treasury
Treasury Management Academy: 4 - Treasury Management for Corporates and Banks
This Treasury Management Academy course is designed to give participants an in-depth understanding of the Treasury Department and its activities. Professionals in the Treasury department of a bank or a corporate along with Relationship Managers, Accountants, Risk Managers, Internal/External Auditors, Regulators, Operations Staff and other financial professionals will find this course very helpful in his or her work. This program will give participants the best practical tools and approaches for Treasury management. The program will use lectures, real life case studies, and workshops to give attendees the latest and most practical tools and techniques which they can apply in their organization to increase the effectiveness, efficiency and profitability.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to
- Identify the Functions of the Treasury Department in a corporate and the bank
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the CFO and Treasurer
- Identify the Best Practices of the Treasury function of a bank
- Understand how the Treasury function funds the institution
- Analyse the key components of yield conventions and yield curve in funding pricing.
- Describe and Structure key short term funding money market products such as inter-bank deposits, Repo, etc…
- Describe and Structure key capital market products and loan products such as US Bond, Eurobond, 144A, Private Placement, etc.
- Understand and use interest rate derivative products like FRA, Interest rate swaps and interest rate options
- Understand and use foreign exchange products such as FX spot, FX forwards, cross-currency swaps,
- Understand and use commodity and credit derivative products
- Structure and use the latest derivative products in exotic options such as average rate, basket, lookback etc…
- Structure Islamic Treasury Products suchas Murabaha/Wakala deposits, Profit Rate swaps, Interest rate wa’ad, FX dual wa’ad, Islamic FX swaps, Islamic Cross currency swaps, Arbun FX Opions
- Identify the best practices in Cash Management, Funding, Liquidity Management and Market Risk Management in Corporate Treasury
- Identify the best practices in managing bank ALM including IRRBB, LCR, NSFR and discussion on FTP.
This is a modular course
Section 3: Advanced Derivatives and Islamic Treasury
Day 6 and 7
Module 5: Advanced Treasury Products including Islamic Treasury Structuring
In this section participants will learn about advanced treasury products such as exotic options and structured products to include Islamic Derivative Products. New structures such as credit derivatives, commodity derivatives and Islamic derivatives will also be discussed. By the end of this section, participants will have a good understanding of the structure, use, and pricing of advanced/Islamic derivative and funding products in the trading room.
By the end of this section participants will be able to identify, describe, structure, price and use different types of exotic options to help manage financial risks.
- Definition of exotic options
- Understanding digital option structures
- Digital Option description
- Pay-out Structures of Digital Options
- Pricing digital options using Bloomberg screen
- Using Digital options to structure Contingent Fee Options
- Using Digital Options to structure No-Touch and Fairway bonds
- Understand time series exotic options
- What are time series options?
- Structuring and Pricing average rate options with Bloomberg screen
- Using Average rate options in FX and Caps
- Structuring and Pricing Knock-in, Knock-out structures
- Using Knock-in and knock outs to hedge financial risk
- Understanding basket options structures
- What are basket options
- Structuring and Pricing issues with basket options
- Using basket options to hedge FX risk
- Understanding Quant Options
- Understanding Quant options
- Pricing issues in Quant options
- Using Quant options in structured products
Session 10: Credit Derivatives
By the end of this section, participants will be able to identify, structure and use different types of credit default swaps to hedge credit risk of the company and/or the bank
- Definition of Credit Derivatives
- Credit Default Swaps and Total Return Swaps
- Understanding Credit Yield Curve
- Structuring and pricing CDS
- Types of CDS: Put, one fee, single credit, basket
- Delayed start CDS structure
- Pricing of CDS
- Using CDS to manage credit risk of customers for corporates
- Using CDS to manage credit portfolio in banks
- Understanding Total return swaps
- Using TRS for banks and investment firms
Session 11: Commodity Derivatives
- What is commodity derivatives
- Types of Commodity Derivatives
- The commodity prices curve
- Location of delivery
- Financing cost
- Issues in commodity pricing
- Cotango and Backwardisation in Commodity Price curves
- Use the commodity price curve to price
- Commodity Swaps
- Commodity Options
Session 12: Islamic Treasury Products
- Money Market in Islamic Finance
- Key Islamic Finance issues: Riba, masir, gharar, jahl and riswah
- Using Murahaba commodity finance structures for interbank lending and borrowing
- Primary and secondary murahaba structures
- Restriction on commodities
- LME Pallladium nd Aluminum contracts
- Master Tarawug Agreement (MTA) and money markets
- The bank as the Wakil in a Murabaha
- Deposits using Wakala Structures with interest
- Understanding Islamic IRS/PRS:
- Profit Rate Swap structures
- Back to Back Murabaha structures
- Primary and Secondary swaps
- Cash flow exchanges in PRS
- Difficulty in Pricing and mark to market
- Structuring Islamic Caps and Floors
- Wa’ad Structures
- Wa’ad for a Murabaha funding or deposit
- How do Wa’ad help manage risk
- Islamic FX spot and forward
- Structuring Islamic FX forward
- Murabaha, Dual Wa’ad and FX forward structuring
- Structuring Islamic FX Swaps with Spot and Murabaha/Dual Wa’ad transactions
- Structuring CCS with Long Term Foreign Currency Murabaha
- Primary Murabaha
- Secondary Murabaha
- Back to back Murabaha structures
- Islamic FX Options
- Understanding Arbun Structures
- The bank hedges Currency risk by buying and re-selling to customer
- Arbun deposit must be included in overall fee
- Arbun deposit versus the premium and the overall amount of transaction
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – 10/10 of the world’s largest banks have chosen us as there training provider and we have delivered training across the largest banks and have trained over 25,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 100+ strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 25,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 99 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 4.2/5 on service and 4.7/5 on Coursecheck
BiographyThierry is a highly experienced trainer and consultant in Treasury Management. Since 1997 he has worked as a consultant and trainer with the Top Three Investment Banks in the World (Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, BofA Mer-rill Lynch), most of the largest 20 Banks in the World (Citi, J.P. Morgan Chase, Stanchart, BBVA, ABN AMRO , Commerzbank etc...) , all Top 4 Audit/Tax Accounting Firms, commodity trading company and other prestigious financial institutions. Recently, he has worked with Central Banks (such as Bank Indonesia) in the area of trading room risk management, regulation, supervision and Basel 2/3 implementation and with emerging market banks in Mexico, Brazil, Hong Kong SAR, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and Thailand in corporate transformation and risk management.