Euromoney Learning On-Demand
Powered by Finance Unlocked
Learn about every aspect of finance, delivered through one-off videos and in-depth pathwaysLearn More
VAT on Virtual and Online Programmes
Claiming Back Your VAT
All attendees of a London based course incur VAT as a part of the cost of attendance.
Euromoney Learning have partnered with VAT IT to allow you the unique opportunity to recoup the VAT incurred.
Using VAT IT's extensive experience and simple sign-up and refund process, every invoice can be turned into cash for your business.
Claim the VAT that's rightfully yours in four simple steps:
1. Register your interest
2. Sign a few simple documents
3. VAT IT processes your claim
4. Receive your refund
Why choose VAT IT
VAT IT have spent two decades identifying, researching and perfecting the foreign VAT Reclaim process and built the best back end technology in the industry. By partnering with Euromoney Learning, we can provide you with a fast and effective way to reclaim your VAT which helps reduce the cost of your training.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
Can I claim back the VAT myself?
You can claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Fraud School: Module 2 - Fraud Data Science and Analytics
The Fraud School is made up of 2 individually bookable modules:
This 15-hour course spread over three days will provide you with practical skills and enable you to help your organisation to apply data science for fraud detection to identify fraud. The goal: Save costs now by designing data models and using data to identify symptoms of financial waste in your organisation to build true financial resilience and integrity.
Taking data science for fraud detection and resolution to utilize the power of data by learning a cutting-edge approach to build your own early fraud detection models and support fraud investigations. Learn to design data models and solutions where you use data combined with proven methodologies to pinpoint fraud perpetrated against your organisation by unethical suppliers, customers, agents, middlemen, opportunists, hacker, criminals and also your own people.
Key course highlights include:
- Learn state of the art techniques, to identify and analyse raw data and turn it into knowledge
- Design data models and develop your own algorithms to transform this data into intelligence and knowledge which can be used to discover the red flags of fraud and corruption.
The course is based around actual but anonymised fraud and corruption cases. As part of the learning process, you will be provided with fit for purpose data-files and transactions to analyse on your own computer, using your own spreadsheet and other software. You will also have the opportunity to get a demonstration of a selection of tools (some of which are freely available)
In this course you will enter a new learning experience. You will develop ready to use and hands-on skills which are fit for tomorrow’s financial world, participate in live assessments, immerse yourself in cases and simulations, conduct interviews with whistle-blowers and fraudsters, analyse dramatic situations and follow money flows. You will also learn from guest experts and participate in Q&A sessions, self-assessment and of course groupwork and feedback from your peers and the instructors.
Course materials will include tools, videos, case examples, sample data files, templates, extracts from books and publications and your initial assessments.
Who Should Attend?
This course will be of most value to:
- Financial Controllers and Financial Directors
- Senior and Chief Accountants
- Internal and External Auditors
- Legal and Compliance Officers, Risk Managers and those responsible for Corporate Governance
- Internal Information Managers and Data Scientists
Making the leap forward from simple data mining to fraud analytics
- Understanding red flag identification?
- Exploring the footprint of fraudulent transactions to spot the red flags
- Using analytics techniques to find the red flags
Developing structured data analytics to find fraud
- Creating a structured approach for fraud data science and analytics
- Building data models to enhance the ability to spot red flags
- Developing algorithms to detect behavioural patterns in data
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – 10/10 of the world’s largest banks have chosen us as there training provider and we have delivered training across the largest banks and have trained over 25,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 100+ strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 25,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 99 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 4.2/5 on service and 4.7/5 on Coursecheck
Magnus Mella Kristoffersen
BiographyA leading technology, audit and compliance specialist with 15 years of experience from large multinational organisations. Magnus has specialised in applying effective data-analytics to great advantage in risk assessments, fraud detection, internal & external audit and investigations. He is a firm believer that everyone can use analytics effectively by combining the right questions, self-belief and of course smart tools. Throughout his career as a Chief Compliance Officer from a large international corporation, as a Certified Public Accountant, and CISA certification he has passionately taught applied data analytics through lectures and master classes endeavouring constantly to share knowledge.