Euromoney Learning On-Demand
Powered by Finance Unlocked
Learn about every aspect of finance, delivered through one-off videos and in-depth pathwaysLearn More
VAT on Virtual and Online Programmes
Claiming Back Your VAT
All attendees of a London based course incur VAT as a part of the cost of attendance.
Euromoney Learning have partnered with VAT IT to allow you the unique opportunity to recoup the VAT incurred.
Using VAT IT's extensive experience and simple sign-up and refund process, every invoice can be turned into cash for your business.
Claim the VAT that's rightfully yours in four simple steps:
1. Register your interest
2. Sign a few simple documents
3. VAT IT processes your claim
4. Receive your refund
Why choose VAT IT
VAT IT have spent two decades identifying, researching and perfecting the foreign VAT Reclaim process and built the best back end technology in the industry. By partnering with Euromoney Learning, we can provide you with a fast and effective way to reclaim your VAT which helps reduce the cost of your training.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
Can I claim back the VAT myself?
You can claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Advanced Corporate Finance
The course consists of four different modules, each defining new and innovative corporate finance concepts, such as the objective of corporation and analysis, different valuation techniques making investment decisions, mergers and acquisitions, performance evaluation, to face the challenges in the current market:
- The use of up-to-date financing techniques in creating shareholder value.
- Gain the skills needed to estimate the value of any business, small or large, private, or public, in a developed or emerging market.
- How to calculate the required returns for investments in companies and divisions.
- How to value and evaluate the performance of a corporate division
- Use payment and deal structures to address a valuation gap between buyer and seller.
- Understand the valuation, beyond the numbers.
Who Should Attend?
Participants seeking a deeper understanding of valuation, and the skills and knowledge to confidently make financial decisions.
- Equity Analyst,
- Financial officer
- Financial analyst
- Corporate transaction adviser
- Investment specialist
- Financial modeler
- Investment banker
- Corporate banker
Session 1: Company Value and the Manager Mission Part One
- Understand the need to manage value
- Review examples of key winning and losing strategies
- Review the overview of the capital markets
- Understand the managing value perspective.
Exercise (in pairs): Participants is to access a company current value and cash flows.
Session 2: Company Value and the Manager Mission Part Two
- How to use the pentagon framework for assessing restructuring opportunities.
- Learn an analytic framework for diagnosing market performance.
- Cash is King?
Exercise (in syndicates): Participants need to focus on shareholder value due to the fear of a takeover or a larger investor.
Session 1: Practical Approach to Cashflow Valuations
- Understand the simple component valuation of a single business company framework.
- Understand component valuation of a multi-business company.
- Review the steps in a valuation.
- Learn Forecasting free cash flow framework.
- Estimate the cost of capital.
- Estimate continuing Value
Exercise (in pairs): Participants will review the value of operations and interpret the results for a presentation to senior management.
Session 4: Practical Approach to Economic Value Add (EVA)
- The Importance of the EVA methodology.
- Economic Value Added (EVA) concept with live examples.
- Exercise: Understanding & calculate the EVA formula
- Accounting Adjustments for the EVA calculation
- Applying the WACC Beta calculation with live examples
- Advantages and disadvantages of EVA.
Exercise (in pairs): Participants will complete several short exercises involving applying the EVA formula to a valuation.
Session 1: Practical Approach to other Valuation Methodologies
- Capitalization of future maintainable profits (FMP).
- The notional realization of assets.
- Value of net tangible assets (NTA)-on a going basis.
- Capitalization of future maintainable dividends (FMD).
- Selection of valuation approach.
Exercise (in pairs): Participants will complete a FMP & NTA valuation and compare the results with EVA valuation and advise senior management.
Session 1: The Approach to Valuing Intangibles Assets
- Defining the asset being valued
- Tracking the Growth of Intangibles
- A Hidden but Crucial Driver of Company Value?
- Accounting for intangible assets
- What is an identifiable asset?
- Valuation considerations
- Valuation methodology
Exercise (in pairs): Participants will review several intangibles assets valuations.
Session 2: Valuation of Cryptocurrency
- What is cryptocurrency?
- How to account for holding and creating cryptocurrencies?
- Cryptocurrency is NOT a financial instrument?
- Accounting for cryptocurrencies in line with IFRS
- Determinants of Intrinsic value
- The investor understanding of the value
This session is supported by videos and examples
Session 3: Putting It Together -Valuation Beyond Numbers
- Quality, scale, and risk factors
- Bridging value gaps with payment structures
- Designing deal structures How to create writing that create action
Exercise (in pairs): Participants to prepare a case to add- value by acquisition, spin-off or internal operations
Session 4: Workshop Review
- Recap on key objectives and how these have been addressed
- Action planning points
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – 10/10 of the world’s largest banks have chosen us as there training provider and we have delivered training across the largest banks and have trained over 25,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 100+ strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 25,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 99 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 4.2/5 on service and 4.7/5 on Coursecheck
BiographyAndrew’s background in banking and credit includes significant roles with Fuji Bank in a special corporate lending unit, leading to his next role as Regional Asia Pacific Director of consulting firms DC Gardner and BPP (UK’s largest listed Education Company). He was then VP of Asia Pacific for Moody’s KMV (now Moody’s Analytics), a position he held for over eight years which included credit training and consulting in APAC and EMEA. The next three years were spent as the Director of International and Corporate for a Fintech company, which provided software with an equity focus with banks and stockbrokers in the APAC region. He then moved to Hong Kong, undertaking Credit training projects mainly focusing on Basel II & III, and various credit consulting projects in Asia and EMEA. After four years in Hong Kong, Andrew founded a new company based in Singapore, specializing in training and consulting in the financial markets. Andrew has extensive experience in credit training and consulting using leading-edge credit management tools and technology, with an exceptional knowledge and experience of the Asia Pacific region. He is now based in Sydney. He currently updating risk and corporate finance CONVID-19 subject matter into training materials and delivering virtual classroom solutions in APAC.