Euromoney Learning On-Demand
Powered by Finance Unlocked
Learn about every aspect of finance, delivered through one-off videos and in-depth pathwaysLearn More
VAT on Virtual and Online Programmes
Claiming Back Your VAT
All attendees of a London based course incur VAT as a part of the cost of attendance.
Euromoney Learning have partnered with VAT IT to allow you the unique opportunity to recoup the VAT incurred.
Using VAT IT's extensive experience and simple sign-up and refund process, every invoice can be turned into cash for your business.
Claim the VAT that's rightfully yours in four simple steps:
1. Register your interest
2. Sign a few simple documents
3. VAT IT processes your claim
4. Receive your refund
Why choose VAT IT
VAT IT have spent two decades identifying, researching and perfecting the foreign VAT Reclaim process and built the best back end technology in the industry. By partnering with Euromoney Learning, we can provide you with a fast and effective way to reclaim your VAT which helps reduce the cost of your training.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
Can I claim back the VAT myself?
You can claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Private Banking & Wealth Management
Private banking is a notoriously fast-paced environment, and to succeed it is essential to remain on top of the most current changes taking place within the industry.
The agenda for this course has been specifically designed by internationally renowned experts for private bankers and for anyone involved in any aspect of private banking.
Their knowledge of the market, industry and players is unrivalled, and together they combine their experience to provide you with a broad and in-depth five day programme; covering topics including asset allocation, real estate planning, investment products and business development.
Take advantage of:
- The best practices within private banking including asset allocation and estate planning
- Key management skills that enable you to profitably run a private banking business
- Exclusive learnings and experiences from an industry-leading Swiss private banker
- A unique opportunity to network with your peers from around the world
- The most current and relevant methodology and issues affecting you
The new paradigms of the Private Banking industry
- Latest innovations
- Impact of the new regulations
- Is off-shore private banking dead?
Digitalisation and Private Banking
- The two dimensions of digitalisation
- New services available
- Clients’ new expectations
The business model
- Costs and revenues
- The formula
- Cross selling
- Key components
- Various types of clients
- Adapting the etiquette and culture
Private Client needs analysis
- Private and business needs analysis
- Retirement planning
- Lifelong investing
Need based relationship
- Need based vs. transactional
- Long term view matters most
- Generating value
- Being a trusted advisor
Managing the P&L
- Sales pipeline management
- Increasing the ROA
- Time management
Offering Asset Management Services
- Risk profiling
- The theory and the reality
- The investment process
- Now a core asset
- Private Equity
- Hedge Funds
- Other instruments
Estate Planning in a global context
- Wealth analysis
- Geographical and legal constraints
- Wealth transmission
- Tax optimisation
- Retirement planning
Offering Estate Planning services
- Overall picture
- Special cases to be dealt with
- The tools available
The full private banking offering
- Services to be delivered
- Client segmentation
- Regulatory aspects
- The importance of the network
- Establishing the first contact
- Dealing with gatekeepers
Managing and Retaining the Client
- Managing the client’s expectations
- Setting up the frame
- Dealing with the shortfalls
- How to deliver bad news
Where are we now?
- Key components of a private banking service
- Where are we now?
What service do we want to offer?
- What is offered on my market?
- How do we stand? Where to go?
- In-house or sub-contracted
Where do we want to offer our services?
- Online delivery
- The mix
Developing the business elsewhere
- Opportunity analysis
- Implications for the bank
- Legal and regulatory constraints
- How to communicate
- Social networks
- Considering the cultural differences
Building a Private Banking team
- Skill-gap analysis
- Sourcing the candidates
- Understanding the roles needed for a team to work
Hiring the team
- Internal vs. external
- An individual or a team
- Evaluating the candidates
- Analyzing proposed business models
Managing a private banking team
- The first 18 months
- The shortfalls and the successes
The business plan
- Key elements
- Costs and revenues
- What are the limits of business planning?
- The human bias
- The action plan
- Implementing the learnings into reality
- Establishing personal targets
Conclusion and farewell
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – 10/10 of the world’s largest banks have chosen us as there training provider and we have delivered training across the largest banks and have trained over 25,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 100+ strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 25,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 99 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 4.2/5 on service and 4.7/5 on Coursecheck
BiographyFrancois E. Aubert’s consulting and training expertise comes from over 25 years dealing with both individual clients, families and companies in Europe, Middle East (including the Persian Gulf), Africa, Americas and Asia combined with a solid educational background. After having spent the first years of his career in International Finance (and created his own consulting firm), Francois joined Credit Suisse where he was successively responsible for short-term investments, bond trading and equity sales. He then worked for Elvia Vie, a leading life insurance company (where he was trained to life insurance products), before joining Arab Bank as the assistant to the Geneva General Manager. Having acquired the fundamentals of Private Banking and completed his Certified Financial Analyst education, he was promoted to Relationship Manager, in charge of the Near-East Private Banking clients. In 1998, Bank Leu, Geneva, hired Francois to set-up a Near-East department. The break-even point was reached after one year. He then joined BNP Paribas as Director in 2000, a bank strongly committed to the Middle East. He was able to expand the bank’s customer base in a complex global and regional political environment.2002 marked the beginning of Francois' new business life. While continuing to serve private clients and families as an independent wealth planner, he became again a management consultant to multinational companies for their Middle Eastern affairs as well as to banks, wealth management firms and other companies for projects involving notably debt restructuring, commodities and tourism (tour operating and car rental).Training assignments began over 20 years ago and became more important after 2002. Today Francois is a seasoned certified trainer active in about 40 countries (almost 1000 days delivered). He is a lecturer at Trinity College Dublin in charge of the Master in Finance core course “Credit and Fixed Income Investments” and at Geneva University. His fields of intervention cover furthermore Finance, Investments (all asset classes), Banking and Wealth Planning as well as soft skills such as Leadership, Team Building and Management, Client Relationship Management, Negotiation and Selling Skills. Francois also regularly speaks in front of various audiences and on television. He is as well a CFA Institute Approved Speaker and a member of SpeakerHub.He is as well an Assessor for the Client Advisor Certifications, a regulatory exam soon to be compulsory for all Swiss Bankers managing clients.Francois is a long time volunteer for several organisations including the CFA Institute, he served as Board member of the Swiss CFA Society and various committees such as the CFA Institute Professional Development Committee.He holds an MBA from the Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh and is a Certified Financial Analyst and Portfolio Manager (AZEK and EFFAS), CAIA charter-holder, TEP (Registered Trust and Estate Practitioner), Certified Trainer (Swiss Federal Certificate), Certified Business Coach, NLP and Belbin Certified Practitioner. This is completed by various certificates notably in Islamic Finance (CISI), Project Management and Life Insurance management.Francois is Swiss and works in both English and French. He is ready, upon request, to travel around the world