Reclaiming Your VAT
Reclaim the VAT on your Euromoney Training Courses in the UK
Why am I being charged VAT?
The EU VAT Directive stipulates that all training and educational courses that are provided in the UK must include a VAT charge on payment.
Can I reclaim my VAT back?
Overseas delegates who attend our courses in the UK are eligible to claim their VAT back once it has been paid.
How can I claim the VAT back paid on a course?
There are two ways in which you can claim back VAT back from the UK.
Option 1 - Directly through HM Revenue and Customs
The most cost-efficient way is to claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
Option 2 - Through our Recommended VAT Reclaim Service – VAT IT
The specific rules for VAT reclaim will vary according to the laws of your country of residence. This can be complicated and time-consuming.
Euromoney have an exclusive partnership with VAT IT, specialists in international VAT reclaim. VAT IT will review, process and submit your VAT refund on your behalf.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
If you want to find out more about this service, please email your details to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Blockchain - A Practical, Strategic & Commercial Guide
Developments in the FinTech space are transforming financial services and blockchain and distributed ledger technology is at the forefront of this revolution. Both The Wall Street Journal and The Economist have described it as technology that could change the world.
Blockchain offers banks, asset managers and other organisations the potential to achieve considerable cost savings, efficiencies and resilience in relation to their payment and payment execution systems. These are developments that no senior executive can afford to ignore. Gaining a foothold at this early stage is vital in shaping the technology strategies of the future.
This course provides a grounded and organisationally relevant introduction to blockchain and related cryptocurrency technology. Starting from first principles, the course approaches the technology from a number of different perspectives providing foundational knowledge that will enable delegates to return to their own organisations with a clear understanding of how this important technology impacts the bottom line.
This course is a comprehensive guide to understanding and using blockchain technology, and through practical demonstrations and examples, will leave people with real sense of what’s possible.
Who should attend
- Analysts, Managers and Directors, covering line and project roles working in Technology, Operations and Finance
- Commercial, Legal, Compliance and Procurement Teams
Days 1 & 2
Blockchain: A Practical, Strategic & Commercial Guide
Background and IntroductionsCourse Structure
- Why is blockchain so important?
- How is blockchain used? Sector Examples
- Market dynamics
ContextHow organisations work and examples:
- Front to back | Business process flows & making money | Goods & services
- Technology architecture | Centralised vs. Distributed
- Supply and purchase
The emergence of cryptocurrencies (and the blockchain)Money
- What is money and how does it acquire value?
- Banking and payments infrastructure
- Central banking and regulation
- The advent of the internet and the case for digital money
History of Cryptocurrencies
- The world pre-bitcoin
- The challenge of digital money | Sending and Receiving Money Online
- Bitcoin and why study it?
- The emergence of blockchain from BitcoinBitcoin and Cryptocurrencies Today
- Digital currencies - Bitcoin, Ether, Ripple, Dash, Litecoin, Zcash, Monero etc
- Understanding Wallets, Sending and Receiving Bitcoin
High Level - How blockchains and cryptocurrencies work?
- Cryptographic primitives
- The hash function | SHA 256 and examples
- Digital signing
- Public / private key infrastructure
- The concept of identity and wallets
- Transactions and Consensus Protocols
- Digital Currency Trading Exercise
The Blockchain Game - Compete to Mine A Digital Currency
Decentralised Applications - Open Software and Smart Contracts
- Ethereum and EOS
- Smart Contracts
- Using Smart Contracts
- Currency Segmentation
- Market trends
- Initial Coin Offerings and capital raising
Digital Currency Trading Exercise
- Introduction to digital currency trading and currency exchanges
- Example trading indicators - MACD, Moving Averages, Relative Strength
- Cyber security
- Digital currency companies
- Distributed Autonomous Organisations
Regulatory, Tax and Compliance
- Government Perspectives
- Regulalory Framework
- Tax Treatment
- Money Laundering - KYC and AML
Workshop Session: Using blockchain and digital currency technology
- Proof of Concept
- Blockchain Strategies
- Commercial Perspectives - how do you engage a blockchain company?
Blockchain Technologies By Sector and Function
- Sector Review - Financial Services, Oil and Gas, Pharmaceuticals, Retail, Media
- Functional Review - Provenance, Procurement, Payments, Sales and Identity
Beyond Blockchain Technology
- Challenges with Blockchain Technology
- Where next for blockchain technology?
- Vision and Opportunities
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course.
Our Tailored Learning Offering
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – we have delivered training solutions for 95% of worlds’ top 100 banks and have trained over 250,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 150 strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 20,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 180 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 96% on service and 95% on product
BiographyHaydn has over 20 years’ commercial, operational and technical experience working for commercial/investment banks (UBS/Deutsche Bank), a central bank (the Bank of England), a management consultancy firm (A.T. Kearney) and a global technology company (Fujitsu). He brings depth in terms of operational knowledge, and breadth in terms of sector knowledge. As to roles, Haydn has held front and back office roles in global investment banks, senior operations and technology strategy roles, and he was a General Manager at Fujitsu. He has worked in architecturally complex environments, grappling with the challenge of reconciling legacy and leading edge technologies. Operationally, he has run large, client sensitive platforms demanding high levels of availability. He is currently the Founder and Managing Director of Blockchain Hub, a specialist FinTech strategy consultancy. Haydn trained as an engineer at Manchester University, and was called to the English Bar.
Your training venue will be confirmed by one of our course administrators approximately 3-4 weeks before the course start date.
As such we have detailed our most frequently used training destinations in London on this map. If you need help booking accommodation for your visit to our training courses, please contact email@example.com and one of our partners will help you get the best rate possible.