Claiming Back Your VAT
All attendees of a London based course incur VAT as a part of the cost of attendance.
Euromoney Learning have partnered with VAT IT to allow you the unique opportunity to recoup the VAT incurred.
Using VAT IT's extensive experience and simple sign-up and refund process, every invoice can be turned into cash for your business.
Claim the VAT that's rightfully yours in four simple steps:
1. Register your interest
2. Sign a few simple documents
3. VAT IT processes your claim
4. Receive your refund
Why choose VAT IT
VAT IT have spent two decades identifying, researching and perfecting the foreign VAT Reclaim process and built the best back end technology in the industry. By partnering with Euromoney Learning, we can provide you with a fast and effective way to reclaim your VAT which helps reduce the cost of your training.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
Can I claim back the VAT myself?
You can claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Chief Operating Officer (COO) Programme
This course is being finalised, and dates will be released soon.
Please register your interest for this course by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Most often, the COO’s role is to lead the group’s operation and logistics activities, in ways that transform the business into being a cost-effective financial institution.
The role of a COO can include all or most of the following responsibilities:
- Operations management
- IT operations management
- Product management
- Change management
- Strategy management
- Financial control
Key course highlights include:
- In-depth discussion of the roles and responsibilities of the COO
- Understand how the role fits into the organisation
- Introduction of various tools and methods for developing and using the best metrics to measure cost effectiveness, operating risk, profitability, customer service quality etc.
- How to motivate and retain the right people
- Guidance in how to address internal political as well as practical challenges in executing the COO role
- How to communicate and report effectively as a COO
Who should attend
This course has been specifically designed for the benefit of:
Existing and aspiring COOs
Head of Operations
Control Function Managers
This course is under construction and coming soon.
Please contact us for further details
Introduction and Course Objectives
- Course Leader
- Course Objectives
- Action Logs
COO Roles and Responsibilities
- COO Role and Responsibilities – open to interpretation; kinds of COO, definition is key to success
- C Suite Interactions
Techniques: Leadership and Influence
Exercise: Defining COOs Roles
Organisation and Governance
- Corporate Governance – International and UK Corporate Governance Code
- Directors and Boards of Directors – Effective Boards, Directors Responsibilities
- Legal Entity Management
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Regional Hub and Spoke Models
- Joint Ventures – challenges and management
- Family Firms
Techniques: Stakeholder Management
Exercise: Enterprise Risk Management framework
Case Study: Effective Boards
COO Role in Strategy and Implementation
- Vision, Mission, Values
- Strategic Process
- Strategic Drivers
- Operational Capability
- Strategic Choices
Techniques: PESTLE, Competition Analysis Porter’s Five Forces, SWOT, Ansoff matrix, Directional Policy Matrix, Blue Ocean Strategy, VRIN, Strategy checklist
- Ensuring Programme and Project Management success
- M&A – Due Diligence
- Offshoring and Outsourcing
Exercise/Case Study: Effective Strategy Implementation
COO Role in Regulation
- Rationale, types, limitations of regulation
- Principle Regulators
- Key Issues and Regulatory Change
- Regulatory Reporting
- Compliance Processes
- Risk Assessments
- Partnering with the Regulator
COO Role in Strategic Risk Evaluation and Management
- Types of Risk
- Fraud, Bribery and Corruption – Bribery Act 2010, FCPA
- Operational Risk Three Lines of Defence
- KRIs and KPIs
- Control Frameworks
- Relations with Internal and External Audit
Techniques: Risk and Issues Logs, Risk and Control Self Assessments
Case Study : Risk
Tracking progress, measuring success and reviewing performance
Maximising Shared Services Delivery
- General Counsel
- Management Accounts and Statutory Financial Reports
- Role in Expense Management
- Human Capital
- Culture and Ethics
- Learning Organisation
- Performance Management
Techniques: Smart Objectives, Balanced Scorecard
- Corporate Services
- Business Continuity Management
Case Study: Crisis Management
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – we have delivered training solutions for 95% of worlds’ top 100 banks and have trained over 250,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 150 strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 20,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 180 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 96% on service and 95% on product
Your training venue will be confirmed by one of our course administrators approximately 3-4 weeks before the course start date.
As such we have detailed our most frequently used training destinations in London on this map. If you need help booking accommodation for your visit to our training courses, please contact email@example.com and one of our partners will help you get the best rate possible."