Claiming Back Your VAT
All attendees of a London based course incur VAT as a part of the cost of attendance.
Euromoney Learning have partnered with VAT IT to allow you the unique opportunity to recoup the VAT incurred.
Using VAT IT's extensive experience and simple sign-up and refund process, every invoice can be turned into cash for your business.
Claim the VAT that's rightfully yours in four simple steps:
1. Register your interest
2. Sign a few simple documents
3. VAT IT processes your claim
4. Receive your refund
Why choose VAT IT
VAT IT have spent two decades identifying, researching and perfecting the foreign VAT Reclaim process and built the best back end technology in the industry. By partnering with Euromoney Learning, we can provide you with a fast and effective way to reclaim your VAT which helps reduce the cost of your training.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
Can I claim back the VAT myself?
You can claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Chief Operating Officer (COO) Programme
The overview and course agenda are not yet finalised, please see a rough agenda below. Please check back here for frequent updates.
Most often, the COO’s role is to lead the group’s operation and logistics activities, in ways that transform the business into being a cost-effective financial institution.
The role of a COO can include all or most of the following responsibilities:
- Operations management
- IT operations management
- Product management
- Change management
- Strategy management
- Financial control
Key course highlights include:
- In-depth discussion of the roles and responsibilities of the COO
- Understand how the role fits into the organisation
- Introduction of various tools and methods for developing and using the best metrics to measure cost effectiveness, operating risk, profitability, customer service quality etc.
- How to motivate and retain the right people
- Guidance in how to address internal political as well as practical challenges in executing the COO role
- How to communicate and report effectively as a COO
Who should attend:
- This course has been specifically designed for the benefit of:
- Existing and aspiring COOs
- Head of Operations
- Risk Managers/Director’s
- Control Function Managers
Note - A good level of spoken and written English is required to attend this course. Delegates should be of an intermediate standard in English at a minimum. Please refer to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages - as a guide the level required is B2.
Introduction and Course Objectives
• Course Leader
• Course Objectives
• Action Logs
COO Roles and Responsibilities
• COO Role and Responsibilities – open to interpretation; kinds of COO, definition is key to success
• C Suite Interactions
• Capability framework
Techniques: Leadership and Influence
Exercise: Defining COOs Roles.What makes a good COO?
Organisation and Governance
• Laws vs Governance
• Directors and Boards of Directors – Effective Boards
• Directors’ duties and responsibilities
• Working with non executive directors
• Diversity in the Boardroom
• Legal Entity Management
• Enterprise Risk Management
• Regional Hub and Spoke Models
• Parent Subsidiary relationship
• Joint Ventures – challenges and management
• Family Firms
• Private Equity backed firms
Case Studies: Effective Boards,Board Dynamics,Board Effectiveness Reviews,Board malfunctions.
Case study: Good strategy Bad strategy
• The strategy Process
• Strategy Process
• What makes a good strategist
• Framework for process
• Delivering value
Case Study:Strategy Process
• External analysis. Pestle,5 Forces
• Probability/ Impact
• Competitive landscape
Case Study:External analysis
• Key Success Factors and capabilities,VRIN
• Developing strategic options
Case Study: Preparation and presentation of a strategic corporate case
Case Study: Debrief and discussion of strategic case
• Acquisitions and mergers
• Acquisition strategy
Case Study: Devising an acquisition strategy
Case Study:Working on an acquisition
• Working on an acquisition• Implementation obstacles
• Integrating businesses
• Culture alignment
Techniques: McKinsey 7’s, Force Field Analysis, Change models.
• Strategy Implementation
• Aligning Key Success Factors to KPI’s
• Balanced Scorecard
• Board Dashboard
• Review process
• Having the right strategic conversations
COO Role in Regulation
• Rationale, types, limitations of regulation
• Principle Regulators
• Key Issues and Regulatory Change
• Regulatory Reporting
• Compliance Processes
• Risk Assessments
• Partnering with the Regulator
COO Role in Strategic Risk Evaluation and Management
• The risk culture
• Fraud, Bribery and Corruption – Bribery Act 2010, FCPA
• Operational Risk Three Lines of Defence
• KRIs and KPIs
• Control Frameworks
• Relations with Internal and External Audit
• Ethics and social responsibility
• Environmental reporting
Techniques: Risk and Issues Logs, Risk and Control Self Assessments
Case Study : Risk, Risk management, Creating a suitable risk culture
Tracking progress, measuring success and reviewing performance
Maximising Shared Services Delivery• General Counsel
• Management Accounts and Statutory Financial Reports
• Role in Expense Management
• Human Capital
• Culture and Ethics
• Learning Organisation
• Performance Management
• IT• Operations
• Corporate Services
• Business Continuity Management
Case Study: Crisis Management,working with a crisis in an era of social media
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – we have delivered training solutions for 95% of worlds’ top 100 banks and have trained over 250,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 150 strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 20,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 180 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 96% on service and 95% on product
BiographyJean Pousson is a Director and founding shareholder of Board Evaluation Limited, a specialised consultancy practice set up in 2011 which provides board evaluation,strategic health checks,and various training and consultancy services to an international client base.He is a regular contributor to strategy and finance programmes run by The Institute of Directors,where he is one of their senior consultants. Jean previously held the position of Director of Studies at the TSB Group Management College where he was responsible for overall academic leadership, but with direct responsibility for finance and strategy programmes and consultancy activities. Jean spent two years in the City of London with DC Gardner & Company(now Euromoney plc) as Assistant Director, Corporate Banking delivering training courses for banks on credit worldwide. His banking career at Barclays Bank spanned 15 years and within the last five years he occupied various management positions within retail and corporate banking and was involved in lending to individuals,small businesses and later to corporates. For the last 32 years, Jean has lectured and consulted on issues of strategic planning and implementation, governance, operational excellence, credit risk and finance to an international client base consisting of financial services organisations,SME’s, multinationals, charities, housing associations, professional firms and public sector bodies. Some examples of past and present clients include: UK Finance(The body which represents asset based finance)Credit Suisse AG,Lloyds Bank plc,MBNA Europe Limited,Paypal Europe,RBS plc,Worldpay.He has lectured in well over 32 countries. As well as maintaining his own client base he also speaks regularly at Vistage,the San Diego based, Chief Executive network which is the largest in the world,and to programmes run by The Chartered Institute of Credit Management and was voted UK Finance’s lecturer of the year in 2013 and 2018.In a typical year Jean will work with over 600 directors and about 8 to 10 Boards. He has a B.Comm degree from the University of Witwatersrand(South Africa),is a Chartered Member of The Institute of Bankers in South Africa(CAIBSA),received a distinction of the joint Barclays/University of Witwatersrand Senior Management Programme(a nine month long executive programme) and obtained a Postgraduate Certificate in Business Administration from The University of Warwick(1996) A keen sports enthusiast he has run over 20 marathons including 3 ultra marathons. Loves travel,history and a good comedy.
The map attached details some of our most frequently used venues
If you need help booking accommodation for your visit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our partners will help you get the best rate possible.