Euromoney Learning On-Demand
Powered by Finance Unlocked
Learn about every aspect of finance, delivered through one-off videos and in-depth pathwaysLearn More
VAT on Virtual and Online Programmes
Claiming Back Your VAT
All attendees of a London based course incur VAT as a part of the cost of attendance.
Euromoney Learning have partnered with VAT IT to allow you the unique opportunity to recoup the VAT incurred.
Using VAT IT's extensive experience and simple sign-up and refund process, every invoice can be turned into cash for your business.
Claim the VAT that's rightfully yours in four simple steps:
1. Register your interest
2. Sign a few simple documents
3. VAT IT processes your claim
4. Receive your refund
Why choose VAT IT
VAT IT have spent two decades identifying, researching and perfecting the foreign VAT Reclaim process and built the best back end technology in the industry. By partnering with Euromoney Learning, we can provide you with a fast and effective way to reclaim your VAT which helps reduce the cost of your training.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
Can I claim back the VAT myself?
You can claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) Programme
This advanced 5-day course in compliance risk management will refine your understanding of how to align, manage, and implement a compliance vision that supports your firm’s mission with behavioral integrity as the cornerstone.
A long term senior financial services executive who is currently a dean and professor with over 20 years’ experience in compliance and risk, the course instructor combines a range of learning methods to examine:
- the integrative nature of compliance in the overall firm mission and corporate governance structure
- behavioral compliance; the emerging field that focuses on the use of social science concepts in psychology and economics to influence behavior built upon integrity and values
- the appropriate development and use of risk metrics
- the development of a corporate compliance culture and the CCO's challenge in influencing communication and organisational behaviour
- the integrative nature of compliance in the risk spectrum
- the development and management of an end-to-end compliance programme
- today's most pressing compliance and risk challenges such as stressing testing and CCAR
Attend this intensive 5-day course and:
- Discuss and debate the roles and responsibilities of the CCO with like-minded peers
- Understand how compliance fits into the organisation and corporate governance structure
- Understand behavioural compliance and how to implement effectively in your organisation
- Learn how to use various tools and methods to develop and use the best risk metrics
- Update your knowledge of the latest global regulations
- Learn how to motivate and retain the right people
- Gain guidance in how to address internal political as well as practical challenges in establishing an effective compliance function and executing the CCO role
- Improve your ability to communicate and report effectively as a CCO
Setting The Stage
Compliance in the Corporate Governance Spectrum: appropriate alignment of the compliance function in the organization’s corporate governance structure. It All Begins With Why: an investigation into the development of a corporate compliance culture built upon the emerging field of behavioral finance and behavioral compliance; introduction to the neuroscience that underlies behavior in a compliance environment.
- End to End: Development of the appropriate rubrics in building and managing an effective end to end Compliance
- ProgrammeCase Study 1: Misalignments and the escalation of inappropriate compliance systemsThe Appropriate Use of Metrics and their Effective Communication for Issue Spotting, Escalation, and Resolution
- Kicking the Tires: Internal, Pre-emptive Compliance Stress Testing
Where Do I Fit In: Compliance and its effective management through understanding the intricate areas of risk management:
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Liquidity Risk Management
- Credit Risk Management
- Operational Risk Management
- Compliance Risk Management
- Legal Risk Management
- Market and Portfolio Risk Management
Reporting What Matters: designing effective meetings and structures across the business lines and the control functions to obtain the appropriate data and information for an effective compliance department to function
- Research in the Areas of Compliance and Risk Management
- Developing an Effective Compliance and Risk Training Programme: design and implementation of a detailed and effective
- Training Needs Analysis and Training Plan
- Developing an Effective Compliance Risk Assessment Matrix: design and implementation of a detailed and effective
- Compliance Risk Assessment Matrix
Compliance and Risk Simulation: application of concepts through a multi-tiered compliance and risk simulation including role playing, break outs, data, negotiation, and resolution
Deep Dive: Anti-Money Laundering and Combatting Terror Financing
The morning will be devoted to the development of an effective anti-money laundering programme and its implementation and management in a financial services institution.
The exercise is conducted by a step by step methodology that includes the organizational risk profile; management risk appetite and tolerance, the client onboarding process; effective KYC and KYI methodologies, developing monitoring and surveillance systems and reporting; appropriate reporting and escalation; scenario testing; and decision making.
- Understanding the Business to Understand Compliance
- Staffing: What Makes for An Effective Compliance Officer: skill sets; qualities; and experience
- Best Practices in the Management of the Compliance Function
- Emerging Compliance Issues Around the Globe
- Compliance Resources and Tools
It’s the Stress that Will Kill You: Stressing Testing and the interconnecedness of Compliance and Risk across the organization
AntiMoney Laundering and AntiTerrorism Financing Compliance
- Current situation and required tasks in the context of international antimony laundering regulation
- Current regulatory requirements regarding international antimony laundering
- Best practice in antimony laundering in leading international banks
- On boarding and Know Your Customer (KYC) programs
- Account monitoring
- US sanctions programs
- Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR) background and history
- SAR regulatory requirements
- SAR within the AML/CTF framework
- The SAR program and process: policies and procedures
- Risk and control assessment
- Case studies in money laundering and terrorist financing
- Feedback and process improvements
AntiBribery and Anticorruption (ABAC) and Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA)
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), UK Bribery Act and the growing number of international corruption
- Bribery in business transactions
- Illegal or corrupt payments to government officials
- Applicability of the Act
- What does a corrupt act means under FCPA
- Who is governed under the antibribery provisions?
- How to shield your organization from corrupt practices
- FATCA historical background and context
- Key FATCA aims and objectives
- The impact of FATCA (Classification, Reporting, Withholding)
- Other significant international regulations
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – 10/10 of the world’s largest banks have chosen us as there training provider and we have delivered training across the largest banks and have trained over 25,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 100+ strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 25,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 99 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 4.2/5 on service and 4.7/5 on Coursecheck
BiographyThe course director is Assistant Dean, Senior Advisor and Adjunct Professor, Gabelli School of Business, Fordham University, New York (Former Co-Global Head and Director of Compliance Training, Deutsche Bank AG, Commercial and Investment Bank) He joined Fordham’s GSB Administration, July 2010 after a 25 year career on Wall Street and the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. Prior to joining Fordham, he was Director and Co-Global Head of Deutsche Bank AG’s Compliance Training Group for the Commercial and Investment Bank (CIB), as well as the Head of Americas Compliance Training. He was responsible for one of the largest financial regulation and Compliance training programs on Wall Street. In addition to his career at Deutsche Bank AG, the course director was an Assistant Director at Ten Squared LLP, a medium-sized hedge fund, as well as the Continuing Education Manager for Prudential Securities. He began his career with the Federal Reserve Bank of New York where he spent over 12 years in the Research and Statistics, International Affairs, and Public Information areas. In addition to his current university post teaching at Fordham, he has taught Finance, Economics, and Business courses at New York University, Baruch College of the City University of New York, Pace University, SUNY Empire State College, and the Mountbatten Institute (St. Mary’s College of the University of Surrey, UK). He is a former member of the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (Continuing Education Committee) and serves as a consultant to Deutsche Bank AG. The course director received his MBA and BA (summa cum laude) from Fordham University.