Claiming Back Your VAT
All attendees of a London based course incur VAT as a part of the cost of attendance.
Euromoney Learning have partnered with VAT IT to allow you the unique opportunity to recoup the VAT incurred.
Using VAT IT's extensive experience and simple sign-up and refund process, every invoice can be turned into cash for your business.
Claim the VAT that's rightfully yours in four simple steps:
1. Register your interest
2. Sign a few simple documents
3. VAT IT processes your claim
4. Receive your refund
Why choose VAT IT
VAT IT have spent two decades identifying, researching and perfecting the foreign VAT Reclaim process and built the best back end technology in the industry. By partnering with Euromoney Learning, we can provide you with a fast and effective way to reclaim your VAT which helps reduce the cost of your training.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
Can I claim back the VAT myself?
You can claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Treasury Risk Management
Treasury is at the heart of every banking and financing operation. Ensuring liquidity must be the top priority, as the fundamental survival of any institution depends on it. Market, interest rate, and operational risk can never be eliminated, but instead must be measured, monitored, and controlled to ensure profitability. In managing risk, treasury professionals utilise the full array of funding and hedging instruments to respond to changing balance sheet and market scenarios. Sound treasury risk management is possible only through an effective and efficient governance and policy structure, with senior management fully engaged with the Asset Liability Committee (ALCO).
By the end of this program, participants will be better able to:
- Analyse and assess the different types of risks arising from the assets and liabilities on the balance sheet
- Use and understand the basic tools to measure risk and its sensitivity to changing market conditions
- Know which funding instruments and hedging strategies are available and when to best put them into practice
- Evaluate the extent of liquidity risk exposure in a bank, via the application of a full suite of liquidity risk metrics
- Understand liquidity buffers and their management
- Appreciate liquidity risks beyond basic loans and deposits
- Evaluate the appropriate level of liquidity risk controls, with the consequences for lending;
- Grasp the formulation and value of stress tests
- Understand the concept of internal funds transfer pricing and evaluate the appropriateness of a particular model to any type of institution
- Formulate a range of funding policies for the banking and trading books
- Understand the role and influence of the Asset Liability Committee (ALCO) of a bank, and its appropriate governance framework
Day 1Interest Rate, Market, and Operational Risk
Introduction to Risk and Risk Management in the Treasury
Interest Rate Risk
Earnings at Risk
Net interest income: what’s at stake
Types of interest rate risk:
- Yield curve
- Duration and Convexity
Risk Measurement and Sensitivity
Basis point values
Value at Risk (VaR):
- Parametric, Non-Parametric and Monte Carlo models
- Confidence levels
- Back Testing
Types and use
Risks and regulatory oversight:
- Internal Model
- Basel 2.5 Stressed Var
- Economic and Regulatory Capital
- Identifying the range of risks
- Controls and improving processes
- Approaches to modelling: frequency and severity
- Capital requirements
Day 2Funding Instruments and Hedging
Money Market Funding Instruments
- Cash management
- Deposits, CDs/CP, repo
- FRA and Futures in Money Market
- Exchange Traded and OTC instruments
- Market characteristics: size, liquidity, investors
Structuring debt programs
- Market selection
- Legal framework, listings
- Features: fixed/floating,
- Additional Tier I and II, CoCos
- Settlement risk
- Exchange controls
- Trading platforms
- Forward and FX futures
- Interest Rate Swaps
- Black Scholes
- Caps, collars and floors
- Participating Cap
Exercises: Participants will
-test their understanding of treasury mechanics by calculating futures/FRA/Forward FX pricing, swap pricing,
-Determine pricing of caps/collars and floors
-form teams to construct hedges and monitor their performance
Managing Liquidity Risk
Define Liquidity Risk
Diversification and concentration:
- Stability and sustainability of funding sources
- Central banks
- Collateral management
- Key metrics
- Basel III: liquidity coverage ratio, net stable funding ratio
- Scenario and back testing
- Types and use
Charging for liquidity
Building a curve
Liquidity asset buffer
- Choosing appropriate assets
- Managing the portfolio
-calculate liquidity risk gaps and ratios, and evaluate the liquidity profile of a bank
-develop an internal fund transfer pricing policy for a bank
-Case Study: Northern Rock
Day 4Treasury Risk Management Operating Model
- Role and responsibilities
- Utility or profit centre?
- Capital allocation: treasury as an agent of change
- Risk appetite and tolerance that suits the institution
- Information flow: communication and interaction
- Contingency planning and recovery
- Ring fencing
- Where is the line between market making and prop trading?
Exercise: Participants will analyse case studies of notable treasury risk management failures. Special attention will be paid to policy and procedure, funding sources, management, limit enforcement, risk measurement, and supervisory reporting failures. Participants will propose and discuss risk management policies that could have produced markedly better outcomes.
Course summary and conclusion
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – we have delivered training solutions for 95% of worlds’ top 100 banks and have trained over 250,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 150 strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 20,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 180 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 96% on service and 95% on product
Dubai has an incredible number of hotels. Courses held here are mainly held at the:
Nassima Royal Hotel
Plot 49 Sheikh Zayed Road, Trade Centre District Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Nassima Royal Hotel is a modern, stylish, luxury hotel on Sheikh Zayed Road. Towering at 51 stories, the hotel offers stunning views over Dubai and its iconic landmarks.
You can also view other recommended hotels on this map: