Claiming Back Your VAT
All attendees of a London based course incur VAT as a part of the cost of attendance.
Euromoney Learning have partnered with VAT IT to allow you the unique opportunity to recoup the VAT incurred.
Using VAT IT's extensive experience and simple sign-up and refund process, every invoice can be turned into cash for your business.
Claim the VAT that's rightfully yours in four simple steps:
1. Register your interest
2. Sign a few simple documents
3. VAT IT processes your claim
4. Receive your refund
Why choose VAT IT
VAT IT have spent two decades identifying, researching and perfecting the foreign VAT Reclaim process and built the best back end technology in the industry. By partnering with Euromoney Learning, we can provide you with a fast and effective way to reclaim your VAT which helps reduce the cost of your training.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
Can I claim back the VAT myself?
You can claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Strategic, Lean & Best Practice Project Management
In a fast paced and competitive world of business, 90% of projects over a $1M budget, exceed both the budget and timeline.
Major projects from various industry sectors such as the infrastructure, healthcare, telecommunications, oil & gas, science and technology are crucial to the success of the businesses and the economy. Although scale and complexity increase with major projects, a lack of foresight in anticipating challenges often contribute to project failure.
This course introduces you to proven, practical tools and techniques for managing projects, and provides insightful solutions to compelling problems faced by companies with a portfolio of projects and complex systems. The course delivers strategies for:
- How to manage uncertainties of all projects, including long-term, large-scale, and multi-million dollar projects.
- How to respond to opportunities and challenges to modify plans and processes so as to deliver projects on time, and on budget.
This course will allow each participant to explore and share ideas and insights from practical cases and examples in a lively, interactive discussion focused on finding solutions to the most complex project and/or programme management challenges in the ever more complex world of people, processes and systems.
- Detailed practical examples
- Insightful real world examples
- Interactive participation
Driving Strategy Execution
Strategy Execution is the biggest challenge for project managers in organisations, and it is commonly acknowledged to be the ultimate differentiator in the competitive business environment today. To deliver the strategic outcomes of an organisation, executives must be focused on the relevant strategic objectives and their priorities. Then, to execute on strategic objectives, executives translate strategy into strategic priorities, which are assigned to a programme or project.
As a senior manager responsible for a programme or project, your challenge is to make sure that you not only deliver the outcomes, but also manage your stakeholder expectations.
Day 1 introduces proven approaches and practical solutions for aligning an organisation’s programme or project deliverables with its strategic objectives. Participants will:
- Understand leadership challenges in times of organisational change and uncertainty.
- Gain insights into why traditional methods and practices may not be effective in a dynamic, and complex business environment.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of what it takes to execute strategic objectives to deliver projects successfully
- Leading strategic execution planning and decision-making and
- Assessing organisational risks inherent in project execution
- Building collaborative partnerships and alliances
- Aligning strategic objectives with project initiatives
- Prioritising a set of projects in a dynamic business setting
- Deploying resources efficiently for on-time and on-budget projects
- Managing projects with virtual, co-located teams
- Planning and executing projects using new tools and techniques
- Using time and money wisely to manage “crisis situations”
- Acting on what you know and think through what you don’t know
- Adapting best-practices of successful projects in the same sector
- Building high performance project teams and matrix organisations
- Engaging project personnel using innovative tools for collaboration.
The Practical Project Management
Practical project management is concerned with all phases of strategic planning, project selection and project planning to find solutions to real-world implementation challenges. It is essential for project managers to gain an in-depth understanding of industry best practices and methodologies to shape a culture with management structures and processes to align an organization's implementation capabilities with strategy.
Day 2 introduces the concepts and frameworks to align the project’s outcome with the organisational capabilities to develop capabilities to respond to project stakeholder expectations, and to effectively resolve the myriad ‘people issues’ that can impact upon the success of the project. Participants will:
- Learn how to take corrective action by diagnosing root causes of performance issues
- Know how to inspire teams to innovate by managing design, development and performance measurement challenges
- Gain insights on strategies for getting commitments from project personnel who are not their direct reports
Participants will have first hand experience in applying concepts and techniques to create a high calibre project plan using either a real-life company project or a case study.
- Reviewing and confirming project objectives and deliverables
- Establishing a multi-disciplinary project team
- Defining a pragmatic framework for a collaborative project team
- Developing a work breakdown structure (WBS) with tasks assigned
- Producing a critical path schedule with floats and flexibility
- Defining and refining financial estimates and resourcing
- Communicating project updates - tracking, assessing project status
- Keeping a project management log for issues, changes and risks
- Conducting post-implementation audits and close-out reviews
- Understanding and assessing project interdependence
- Conducting project appraisals using investment analysis techniques
- Promoting excellence in efficiency, performance and productivity
Managing Project Risks and Innovation
A complex, ever-changing business environment means that the project manager needs to explore and examine potential risks, both in the present and in the future. Though understanding and managing uncertainties is crucial, the risk of project failure may be harder to predict. However, with the emerging tools, technologies and design thinking, models can be built to anticipate and proactively mitigate project risks.
Design thinking is a process that allows for an improved understanding of challenges inherent in complex, large-scale projects. By generating ideas to solve problems creatively, design thinking also fosters innovation in their project teams.
Day 3 introduces participants to the process of identifying and evaluating risks, along with know - how on design thinking for risk management and innovation. Participants will explore alternative strategies for assessing the severity of various risks, and identify risk management considerations. There will also be the opportunity to dissect real world scenarios and/or case studies where participants will learn from identifying missed opportunities for risk identification, mitigation and management. Participants will also gain knowledge on how to facilitate and lead innovation in their projects.
- Evaluating the inherent value and relevant risks of projects
- Developing risk management and mitigation plans
- Generating different scenarios for project's financial success
- Identifying worst case scenarios and the opportunities for success
- Assessing key metrics and financial ratios for project performance
- Develop a culture that encourages of innovation within the team
- Understanding ‘Design Thinking’
- Gaining an in-depth understanding of user needs
- Inspiring the generation of ideas - ‘Ideation’
- Gaining deeper appreciation for the organisation’s culture
- Appreciating challenges in a cross-cultural design
- Understanding ‘Mind mapping’ as a tool for idea generation
- Reframing problem
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – we have delivered training solutions for 95% of worlds’ top 100 banks and have trained over 250,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 150 strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 20,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 180 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 96% on service and 95% on product
BiographyDr Niran Subramaniam is a Fellow Chartered Management Accountant (FCMA) with an exemplary record of senior management leadership roles in the strategic planning and implementation of performance measurement and management systems. His rich experience in finance and strategic information systems, spans over fifteen years in the financial services, telecommunications and higher education sectors. He lectures financial management systems to MBAs and executives at the University of Oxford, and conducts interdisciplinary research in Managerial Accounting and Information Systems. His current research focuses on the interplay of the social and organisational aspects of performance management systems in the contemporary organisational settings.
The map attached details some of our most frequently used venues
If you need help booking accommodation for your visit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our partners will help you get the best rate possible.