Euromoney Learning On-Demand
Powered by Finance Unlocked
Learn about every aspect of finance, delivered through one-off videos and in-depth pathwaysLearn More
VAT on Virtual and Online Programmes
Claiming Back Your VAT
All attendees of a London based course incur VAT as a part of the cost of attendance.
Euromoney Learning have partnered with VAT IT to allow you the unique opportunity to recoup the VAT incurred.
Using VAT IT's extensive experience and simple sign-up and refund process, every invoice can be turned into cash for your business.
Claim the VAT that's rightfully yours in four simple steps:
1. Register your interest
2. Sign a few simple documents
3. VAT IT processes your claim
4. Receive your refund
Why choose VAT IT
VAT IT have spent two decades identifying, researching and perfecting the foreign VAT Reclaim process and built the best back end technology in the industry. By partnering with Euromoney Learning, we can provide you with a fast and effective way to reclaim your VAT which helps reduce the cost of your training.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
Can I claim back the VAT myself?
You can claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
"A worthwhile investment. Very informative and interactive" - Risk and Assuance, NLNG
"The course was very good and would be useful for all directors" - Director, Retirement Benefits Authority
This practical Corporate Governance training programme examines current best practice in all aspects of corporate governance, from the new role of board committees and directors' responsibilities and powers, to best implementation of governance in day-to-day activities.
The costs and benefits of best practice governance will be examined and practical guidance will be given on such issues as the relationship with shareholders and other stakeholders, managing and meeting the expectations of the market, international investors and local government and regulatory authorities. You will also discuss the challenges of implementing best-practice corporate governance in emerging markets and will include the specific requirements of banks and financial institutions.
How will this course assist you?
This comprehensive 4-day programme will cover:
• The current state and direction of best practices in corporate governance
• Implementing and embedding best practices within your organisation /institution
• How to structure board committees, institutional policies and procedures to conform to international requirements and expectations
• How to communicate governance procedures to outside stakeholders including shareholders, governments and communities
• Implementing governance directives within the management of the institution Analysing the governance of other institutions
• Governance as a competitive edge
• Identifying and maximising the financial benefit from improved corporate governance and procedures
Practical presentations on formulating and implementing modern international corporate governance principles will be blended with case studies drawn from recent international precedents. Workshop projects that simulate real-life experiences will help to reinforce key principles.
Who should attend?
• Directors & Board Members
• Audit Committee members
• Company secretaries and governance professionals
• Corporate counsel
• Senior company management
• Investors and fund managers
• Securities exchange officials
• Lawyers & legislators
Note - A good level of spoken and written English is required to attend this course. Delegates should be of an intermediate standard in English at a minimum. Please refer to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages - as a guide the level required is B2.
To find out more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
A series of 12 interactive and immersive sessions.
Introduction to Corporate Governance
- Corporate Governance
- Definitions and scope
- Cultural aspect
- Governance vs management
- Hard Prescriptive(USA Sarbanes Oxley)or
- Voluntary “soft” UK approach
- The Agency dilemma
- The overall Regulatory Framework including Bribery and Corruption
Corporate Governance for non listed companies, Charities, Public Sector and Emerging markets
- Governance of non listed companies
- Eg Private companies, family companies,
- Charities and not for profit
- Case Study: FIFA: Values, accountability and ethics
- Governance in the Public Sector
- The UK Nolan Principles
- Governance in Emerging Markets
- Why it is essential
- Patterns of ownership
- Protection of minority investors
- Convergence of OECD Norms
Corporate Governance in Banks
- Agency issues
- Rogue Traders
- Regulatory Environment
- Systemic crises and poor Governance
Corporate Governance of Listed Companies
- Shareholders Rights
- Investor Relations
- Insider Trading
- Shareholder Activism
- Listing Rules
- The Annual General Meeting/General Assembly
The Role of the Board
- What do Boards do?
- Different types of Boards
- Performance vs Conformance
- Delegated matters
- Boards and management
- The Effective Board
- Mix and diversity
- Protection of shareholder rights
- Managing agendas, meetings and minutes
- Communication with shareholders
The Board’s role in setting the tone and duties and responsibilities of directors
- Values and Ethics
- Overseeing whistleblowing process
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Sustainable Reporting
- Integrated Reporting
- Hard and soft capabilities
- Induction and training
- Roles and responsibilities
The effective Chairman and how to be a good Non Executive Director
- Non Executive Directors
- How different
- The right appointment(s)
- Getting value from them
- Their roles
- Ensuring independence
- The Role of the Chairman
- What makes a good Chairman
- Qualities and capabilities
- Beyond the Board meeting
- Relationship with the CEO
- Who appraises him/her
- Different styles
Boards and making strategy work
- Boards and Strategy Setting
- Setting the direction
- Overseeing the process
- Use of Professional Advisers
- Reviews and value creation
- Is the Board having the right conversation?
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Creating or destroying value?
Risk Management and Crisis Management for Boards
- Boards and Risk
- Appreciating Risk
- Framework for Risk Management
- Boards’ Responsibilities
- Best Practice for the Board
- Risks facing the Board
- Case Study: HBOS. Understanding risks
- When a crisis happens
- Boards’ Responsibilities
- Re assessing stakeholders
- Who and how to deal
- Preserving reputation and value
About Board Committees
- Audit Committee
- Roles and responsibilities
- Terms of Reference
- Relationship with Internal Auditors
- Relationship with External Auditors
- Since the Financial Crisis
- Increased role of Audit Committees
- Nominations Committee
- Who to appoint
- Roles and responsibilities
- Succession Planning
- Talent Management
- Remuneration Committee
- Main role
- Executive Pay. The issues
- Pay and Performance
- Equity Ownership
- Dividend issues
Why do Boards Fail
- Board Malfunction
- Why do Boards malfunction
- Games and Power play
- Importance of Chairman
- Tone at the top
- Role of non executive directors
- Process. From questionnaire to full process
- The Regulatory environment
- Who should do it
- Working on feedback
- Conflict issues
- Working towards improvement
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – 10/10 of the world’s largest banks have chosen us as there training provider and we have delivered training across the largest banks and have trained over 25,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 100+ strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 25,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 99 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 4.2/5 on service and 4.7/5 on Coursecheck
BiographyJean Pousson is a Director and founding shareholder of Board Evaluation Limited, a specialised consultancy practice set up in 2011 which provides board evaluation,strategic health checks,and various training and consultancy services to an international client base.He is a regular contributor to strategy and finance programmes run by The Institute of Directors,where he is one of their senior consultants. Jean previously held the position of Director of Studies at the TSB Group Management College where he was responsible for overall academic leadership, but with direct responsibility for finance and strategy programmes and consultancy activities. Jean spent two years in the City of London with DC Gardner & Company(now Euromoney plc) as Assistant Director, Corporate Banking delivering training courses for banks on credit worldwide. His banking career at Barclays Bank spanned 15 years and within the last five years he occupied various management positions within retail and corporate banking and was involved in lending to individuals,small businesses and later to corporates. For the last 32 years, Jean has lectured and consulted on issues of strategic planning and implementation, governance, operational excellence, credit risk and finance to an international client base consisting of financial services organisations,SME’s, multinationals, charities, housing associations, professional firms and public sector bodies. Some examples of past and present clients include: UK Finance(The body which represents asset based finance)Credit Suisse AG,Lloyds Bank plc,MBNA Europe Limited,Paypal Europe,RBS plc,Worldpay.He has lectured in well over 32 countries. As well as maintaining his own client base he also speaks regularly at Vistage,the San Diego based, Chief Executive network which is the largest in the world,and to programmes run by The Chartered Institute of Credit Management and was voted UK Finance’s lecturer of the year in 2013 and 2018.In a typical year Jean will work with over 600 directors and about 8 to 10 Boards. He has a B.Comm degree from the University of Witwatersrand(South Africa),is a Chartered Member of The Institute of Bankers in South Africa(CAIBSA),received a distinction of the joint Barclays/University of Witwatersrand Senior Management Programme(a nine month long executive programme) and obtained a Postgraduate Certificate in Business Administration from The University of Warwick(1996) A keen sports enthusiast he has run over 20 marathons including 3 ultra marathons. Loves travel,history and a good comedy.