Euromoney Learning On-Demand
Powered by Finance Unlocked
Learn about every aspect of finance, delivered through one-off videos and in-depth pathwaysLearn More
VAT on Virtual and Online Programmes
Claiming Back Your VAT
All attendees of a London based course incur VAT as a part of the cost of attendance.
Euromoney Learning have partnered with VAT IT to allow you the unique opportunity to recoup the VAT incurred.
Using VAT IT's extensive experience and simple sign-up and refund process, every invoice can be turned into cash for your business.
Claim the VAT that's rightfully yours in four simple steps:
1. Register your interest
2. Sign a few simple documents
3. VAT IT processes your claim
4. Receive your refund
Why choose VAT IT
VAT IT have spent two decades identifying, researching and perfecting the foreign VAT Reclaim process and built the best back end technology in the industry. By partnering with Euromoney Learning, we can provide you with a fast and effective way to reclaim your VAT which helps reduce the cost of your training.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
Can I claim back the VAT myself?
You can claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Adapting to Market Volatility and VUCA
What does volatility mean to you? Risk? Opportunity? Or Uncertainty? This half-day course is designed to teach financial professionals how to adapt to the new volatility regime, marked by VUCA conditions, harnessing a unique 3-step approach, based on resilience, divergent thinking & scenario planning.
Resilience is part of a markets & mind approach. Markets, in terms of an ‘all-weather’ investment process, with active market timing and risk management overlays. Mind, meaning a greater awareness of potential blind-spots, reduced behavioral bias and improved stress response management (SRM). Divergent thinking alludes to the market reality of probabilities, not certainties. Avoiding linear, one-way bets, while hedging out-liar black or white tail risks. Finally, scenario planning is primarily focused on exploring and positioning for multiple futures, while learning from past anomalies. History doesn’t repeat, but often rhymes.
VUCA is a globally recognised acronym meaning Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity & Ambiguity. This is a military term for mission critical decisions during “unknown unknowns” which are experienced in the “fog of war”. The military battlefield is proving a useful metaphor for our financial market landscape. 2022 was game changer, in terms of the rise of inflation, its impact on portfolio returns, notably the traditional 60/40 strategy and general elevated volatility regime. This is all amplified against the backdrop of late economic cycle, market fragility and ongoing socio-political unrest.
Delegates will learn how to Adapt to market volatility and VUCA, as part of the unique 3-step approach, grounded in past and present case studies, with the opportunity to engage in an interactive role-play, as either an investor/trader, relationship manager or other key market player.
By the end of this half-day course, participants will be able to:
- How to adapt to the new cycles and volatility regimes, marked by VUCA conditions.
- Learn the impact market and client portfolio, while identifying strategies to manage volatility.
- Recognize indicators of financial crises and bubble.
- Identify common strategies to manage client portfolio in extreme market volatility.
- Define key lessons from previous financial crisis, market volatility & VUCA related events.
- Improve performance as either an investor/trader, relationship manager or key market player.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Relationship Managers
- Portfolio Managers
Session 1 Recognizing cycles and the volatility story - 1 hour approx.
- Recognizing cycles; investment clock (risk premia), volatility & VUCA related events
- Tech talk; financial market theory evolution, tail risk, socio-political trends & liquidity
- Market states; Trends, Volatility Signature & Crisis Alpha
Takeaway group exercise (discuss three key takeaways and complete related worksheet)
Session 2 – VUCA; What? Why? How? – 1 hour approx.
- What is VUCA?
- Why does VUCA matter?
- How does VUCA impact markets and client portfolios?
- Case-study analysis, primarily focused on recent market activity and multiple future scenarios.
Divergent Group exercise – Individual groups will discuss and share real-time VUCA implications on markets, strategies and client relationship management.
Session 3 – Seeking Alpha in a VUCA World, using a 3-step approach – 1 hour approx.
Resilience “market & mind” approach.
- Markets, in terms of an ‘all-weather’ investment process, with active market timing and risk management overlays.
- Mind, meaning a greater awareness, reduced behavioral bias and improved stress response management (SRM).
- Allludes to the market reality of probabilities, not certainties. Avoiding linear, one-way bets, while hedging out-liar black or white tail risks.
- Primarily focused on multiple scenario planning, learning from past anomalies. History doesn’t repeat, but often rhymes.
Value proposition role-play group exercise
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – 10/10 of the world’s largest banks have chosen us as there training provider and we have delivered training across the largest banks and have trained over 25,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 100+ strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 25,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 99 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 4.2/5 on service and 4.7/5 on Coursecheck
BiographyIndustry Track Ron is a Market Strategist, with +20-years of experience, working for leading economic Research & Institutional firms; producing macro research and trading strategies. He specializes in blended, top-down, semi-discretionary analysis, driven by cycles and proprietary timing models. Ron is also a Behavioural Finance Expert, Trading Psychologist & Performance Coach. He uses latest techniques in behavioural/risk assessment modelling, peak-performance, neuro/body science and stress response management (SRM), including mindfulness & coherence training; supported by his market strategies. Ron's primary work, as part of his current institutional market advisory firm (RWA), acquired global industry recognition with multiple Finalist Awards for "Best Specialist Research/& FX". His market insights are also featured regularly across leading financial media programs (notably, “How to Trade a Bear-Market Rally?”, “UK Crisis: What next for GBP?” & “Will USD king lose its crown?” Driven by high integrity education, Ron serves with the leadership team of Foundation Study of Cycles, International Federation of Technical Analysis (IFTA), Heads the Swiss Association of Market Technician (SAMT) Geneva Chapter and consults with multiple education & regulatory groups. He was also invited by the House of Commons, to join an industry guidance team, following the official launch of an All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG), in Digital Currencies. Professional Qualifications Grounded with his practical market experience, Ron specialized as a Chartered Financial Technician (CFTe), the gold standard benchmark in Behavioural Finance, Market Timing and Risk Management. Ron also expanded into the field of training and the study of neuroscience as a Master Neuro Linguistic Practitioner (NLP), where he modelled the behavioural attributes of leading traders and investors, with the primary aim of teaching other professionals how to develop their own path of success. Latest work in this field now includes ongoing studies with the International Academy of Neuroscience and Education (ANE). Training Experience Ron is an active teacher and mentor - as a leader in his professional work and global educational societies that set the benchmark study of his discipline. In past years, during his work at Bloomberg, Ron trained financial professionals across the world, including tier one banks, funds and brokers. He is also a visiting professor at leading universities, active guest speaker for the CFA & CAIA, and senior teacher at colleges offering accredited diplomas in trading and wealth-management.