Euromoney Learning On-Demand
Powered by Finance Unlocked
Learn about every aspect of finance, delivered through one-off videos and in-depth pathwaysLearn More
VAT on Virtual and Online Programmes
Claiming Back Your VAT
All attendees of a London based course incur VAT as a part of the cost of attendance.
Euromoney Learning have partnered with VAT IT to allow you the unique opportunity to recoup the VAT incurred.
Using VAT IT's extensive experience and simple sign-up and refund process, every invoice can be turned into cash for your business.
Claim the VAT that's rightfully yours in four simple steps:
1. Register your interest
2. Sign a few simple documents
3. VAT IT processes your claim
4. Receive your refund
Why choose VAT IT
VAT IT have spent two decades identifying, researching and perfecting the foreign VAT Reclaim process and built the best back end technology in the industry. By partnering with Euromoney Learning, we can provide you with a fast and effective way to reclaim your VAT which helps reduce the cost of your training.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
Can I claim back the VAT myself?
You can claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Energy Academy: Module 3 - Gas Products and Trading
The Energy Academy is made up of 4 individually bookable modules
A foundation to intermediate level programme to provide participants with an introduction to commodity trading across the oil, gas, coal, electricity, and renewables markets. The course will provide insight into each of the energy commodities, their global supply and demand characteristics and how they are traded physically and with derivative financial instruments.
We will examine the role of risk management and hedging and best practices and strategies for the trading of energy commodities. In addition, the programme will cover the latest developments in the biofuel, petrochemical and renewable fuels and how they are changing strategies associated with traditional energy commodities. Each module will also show how differing energy commodities interact with each other and with other commodity groups
This is a highly interactive course with exercises designed to increase participant engagement and uses up to date material and many real-world examples. Each module of the course will feature trading simulations that allow participants to use the knowledge they have built to develop trading strategies in an interactive environment.
- Delegates will gain an understanding of the fundamentals of energy commodities
- Delegates will be introduced to physical and derivative trading of energy commodities and how they are linked
- We will explore current market trends and likely future developments with the use of many up to date exercises and examples
- Delegates will discover how energy markets and other commodity markets are linked and how to use this knowledge to develop effective trading strategies
- Using our simulations delegates will have the opportunity to apply what they have learnt to practice trading energy commodities often simulating real historical tie periods and events.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course would be useful for those looking to increase their understanding of energy commodities and trading and risk management. It is particularly relevant to:
- Middle Office, Back Office and Operations staff in Energy Trading Companies
- Junior Traders
- Commodity Analysts
- Commodity Sales and Marketing Professionals
- Compliance and Regulatory Professionals who wish to understand the basics of trading
- Lawyers and Legal Professionals who wish to understand the basics of trading
Day 6: Module 3 – Natural Gas Trading
Natural Gas Supply and Demand and market evolution
- What is natural gas and what its major constituents
- Traditional natural gas supply and demand
- North Sea
- Middle East
- The growth of US Shale Gas and its global impact
- Pipeline gas supply and the short term markets
- Physical gas contracts
- Natural gas Fundamentals
- Natural Gas Storage
- How is natural gas priced ?
- How natural gas interacts with other energy commodities
Exercises including natural gas balancing and US pipeline supply
Day 7: Module 3 - Gas Trading
Forward gas trading and derivative instruments
- Derivative Trading instruments in natural gas
- Futures Trading
- Futures Clearing
- OTC Clearing
- Forward Curves
- Gas pricing hubs and their development
- Hedging Natural gas
- Current market developments
- Gas trading strategies
Exercises including hedging exercises and the first of our gas trading simulations,
TRADING SIMULATION 4 - Trading and hedging with gas derivative markets 2 Hours
Day 8: Module 3 - Gas Trading
- LNG and the Global Gas market
- What is LNG and how is it produced ?
- Global supply and demand and likely changes over the coming years
- LNG shipping
- LNG tolling and shipping contracts
- The evolution of LNG derivative markets
- Alternative uses of LNG (transportation fuels)
Exercises and worked examples and the second of our gas trading simulations,
TRADING SIMULATION 5 - Gas arbitrage using LNG and hedging 2 Hours
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – 10/10 of the world’s largest banks have chosen us as there training provider and we have delivered training across the largest banks and have trained over 25,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 100+ strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 25,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 99 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 4.2/5 on service and 4.7/5 on Coursecheck
BiographyAndy has had a 30 year career as a trader and trading manager in energy commodities. His career commenced after University at BP, before moving through physical and derivative trading positions at Engen Petroleum and UBS in London. Andy joined RWE, the large German utility group in 1999, and helped construct a multi-million dollar energy trading business. He was initially responsible for oil trading but also took on responsibility for biofuels and LNG, then relatively new markets in terms of development. As a member of the senior management team at RWE, Andy was also fully involved in all major trading decisions on coal, gas and power. He also designed and was responsible for delivering RWE’s very successful trader training programme which ran for a number of years. Since leaving RWE in 2011, Andy worked as a hedge fund manager for Graham Capital LLP and at Oak Commodities, and as a consultant advising broking houses in new business streams specifically in physical LNG, refinery margins and hedging. He is now a partner at Commodity Risk Associates, an advisory firm working with major industrial and consumer goods companies in trading and risk management. As part of this role, Andy runs trading and execution for several of their clients across commodities, with a major exposure to oil, gas, petrochemicals, agricultural commodities, metals, renewable and power markets.