Cash management poll: Methodology
Euromoney polled 11,988 cash managers, treasurers and financial officers worldwide. We received in total 3,801 valid replies to questions relating to international cash management services (2006: 1,681 replies) from 89 countries (2006: 77 countries). Respondents were asked to indicate:
• Which 3 banks they currently used most for their cash management services
• To rate services provided by their lead cash manager on a sliding scale of 1=excellent; 2=very good; 3=good; 4=fair; 5=poor. Banks’ scores in each category are the percentage of ratings they received for that category that were very good or excellent.
In the lead categories, each voter’s top bank was awarded four points, second place three points, and third place two points. Each voter’s score was then weighted depending on the annual gross sales of the part of the business for which the voter was responsible, as follows:
1. Greater than $100 billion – a factor of 10 was applied.
2. $25 billion to $99.99 billion – a factor of 8 was applied.
3. $10 billion to $24.99 billion – a factor of 6 was applied.
4. $5 billion to $9.99