Reclaiming Your VAT
Reclaim the VAT on your Euromoney Training Courses in the UK
Why am I being charged VAT?
The EU VAT Directive stipulates that all training and educational courses that are provided in the UK must include a VAT charge on payment.
Can I reclaim my VAT back?
Overseas delegates who attend our courses in the UK are eligible to claim their VAT back once it has been paid.
How can I claim the VAT back paid on a course?
There are two ways in which you can claim back VAT back from the UK.
Option 1 - Directly through HM Revenue and Customs
The most cost-efficient way is to claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
Option 2 - Through our Recommended VAT Reclaim Service – VAT IT
The specific rules for VAT reclaim will vary according to the laws of your country of residence. This can be complicated and time-consuming.
Euromoney have an exclusive partnership with VAT IT, specialists in international VAT reclaim. VAT IT will review, process and submit your VAT refund on your behalf.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
If you want to find out more about this service, please email your details to: email@example.com
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Corporate Finance Documentation School
A joining together of law and transactions in corporate finance, private equity and joint ventures. In depth and practical with case studies. Starting with potential structures of transactions, the deal process, including the critical and significant pre contract phase. Moving on to due diligence and its direct corelation with warranties, representations and indemnities. Then with sample documents and checklists – specific sessions on Share Purchase Agreements for Acquisitions, Joint Venture Agreements, Articles of Association, and Investment Agreements for Private Equity.
This course will cover the latest trends, developments and legal issues impacting on the corporate finance, joint ventures and private equity industry. For an up to date, broad and deep knowledge about Corporate and Private Equity Finance Documentation from a legal and practical perspective this is a course you must attend.
Getting the Structure Right
- Context of the transaction
- M & A Structures
- Joint Venture Structures
- Private Equity players and structures
The Deal Process and Preliminary Matters
- The selling a buying process
- Applicable law
- Main principles
- Shares or assets
- Engagement Letters
Introduction to Common Financing Tools
- Secured Loans
- Operating and Finance Leases
- Residual Value Guarantees
- Securitisation Products
- Tax Leases
- Export Credits
Pre Contract Documents
- Informal Contracts
- Letter of Intent
- Memorandum of understanding
- Heads of terms
Pre Contract Documents - Practical Drafting Workshop - Sample Document
- Pre Contract Liability
- Types of Binding and Non Binding Documents
- Duties and Obligation
- Common and civil law approach
Confidentiality Agreements and NDA's
- Functions of confidentiality agreements
- The basic obligations: confidentiality, non-use, limits on copying, return of information
- What is confidential information
- Typical negotiating issues and how they are resolved
- Dealing with breaches of confidence
PRACTICAL WORKSHOP: Confidentiality and NDAs with Model Agreement and Checklist for future use
- Drafting a confidentiality agreement
- Considering the implications of an agreement from your counterpart
- Reviewing significant contracts
- Regulatory compliance with laws
- Insurance coverage and related issues
- Litigation and claims
- Understanding regulatory consents and hurdles to the proposed transaction
- Dealing with specific cross border complications
- Preparing a Due Diligence report
- Identifying "deal-breakers"
Due Dilligence - Workshop
Intellectual Property Rights - Due Diligence Protection, Exploitation and Enforcement
- Inventions and patents
- Trade marks and passing off
- Copyright and database rights
- Design rights
Intellectual Property Rights - Workshop
Warranties, Representations, Guarantees and Indemnities
- Contrast them
- Distinguishing guarantees and indemnities
- Does a guarantee vary the agreement
Warranties and Indemnities - Drafting Workshop
- Vendor's approach
- Purchaser's approach
- How full and complete?
Private M & A
- Case Study - Working through the issues
Share Purchase Agreements
- General Structure
- Purchase Price
- Closing procedure
- Seller protection
- Umbrella agreements
- Conditions to completion
- Investor Controls
- Issues raised by management
- Corporate Governance
- Minority protection
- Preliminary Questions
- Deciding Structure - Advantages and disadvantages
- Limited liability company
- Strategic alliances
- Key business factors and objectives
- Control and direction - the role of directors
- Funding methods
- International Joint Ventures - Solving Issues
- Participants will look at the background context, review re term sheet in facilitated group work
Drafting Joint Venture Agreements - Workshop
- Role of partners
- Exclusivity provisions
- Reserved matters
- Exit provisions
- Choice of law
- Accounting and currencies
Articles of Association
- What and why
- Key Matters
- Memorandum of Association
- Board Meetings
- Model Articles
Warranty and Representations - Claims
- Making a claim
- Limitation of liability
- Letter of Intent
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Articles of Association
- Share Purchase Agreement
- Joint Venture Agreement
- Investment Agreement
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – we have delivered training solutions for 95% of worlds’ top 100 banks and have trained over 250,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 150 strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 20,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 180 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 96% on service and 95% on product
We will endeavour to confirm the course venue as soon as possible, but typically these are confirmed approximately 4 - 6 weeks prior to the course start.
If you need help booking accommodation for your visit to our training courses, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our partners will help you get the best rate possible.