Reclaiming Your VAT
Reclaim the VAT on your Euromoney Training Courses in the UK
Why am I being charged VAT?
The EU VAT Directive stipulates that all training and educational courses that are provided in the UK must include a VAT charge on payment.
Can I reclaim my VAT back?
Overseas delegates who attend our courses in the UK are eligible to claim their VAT back once it has been paid.
How can I claim the VAT back paid on a course?
There are two ways in which you can claim back VAT back from the UK.
Option 1 - Directly through HM Revenue and Customs
The most cost-efficient way is to claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
Option 2 - Through our Recommended VAT Reclaim Service – VAT IT
The specific rules for VAT reclaim will vary according to the laws of your country of residence. This can be complicated and time-consuming.
Euromoney have an exclusive partnership with VAT IT, specialists in international VAT reclaim. VAT IT will review, process and submit your VAT refund on your behalf.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
If you want to find out more about this service, please email your details to: email@example.com
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Oil & Gas Agreements
The complexity of the oil and gas industries frequently results in projects being undertaken by joint ventures, alliances and other strategic groupings. Forming a successful alliance, whatever its format, is a complex process requiring a high degree of experience and expertise.
At this school Dennis Stickley, an international legal expert in petroleum law , will discuss with participants why parties come together in a cooperative endeavour to undertake a phase of a project, the legal forms they might use in so doing, the relationships created by the forms and the principle legal and commercial issues that affect those relationships.
The school will prove invaluable to CEOs, COOs and CFOs engaged in major new, ongoing and potential ventures in the oil and gas sector, and also to their internal and external legal advisers.
How this course will help you
The course will cover:
- The contract matrix in the oil & gas industry
- Key agreements and examples of those agreements
- The relationship matrix from a contractual and a corporate perspective
- The legal principles that shadow relationships
- Specific issues affecting relationships
Day 1Fundamentals of International Petroleum Contracts
- Hydrocarbon Business Chain
- Key Players
- Business Model
- Industry Risk & Uncertainty
- Contract Performance & Risk Management
- Governing Law & Contract Stability
- Resource Agreements
- Comparison of Fiscal Systems
- Evaluation of Fiscal Systems
- Economic Analysis
- Economics & Finance
- Special Terms for Natural Gas
Up Stream Contracts
- Stages, Contracts & Operations
- Joint Ventures
- Management of Operations
- Work Programmes
- Service & Supply Contracts
- Local Content
- Farmouts and Related Transactions
- Enhanced Oil Production
Day 2Midstream Contracts
- Stages, Contracts & Operations
- Production Sales
- Crude Oil Sale
- Lifting Agreements
- Natural Gas Development
- Gas Sales & Purchase Agreement
- Project Optimization
- Transportation Options
- Gas Transportation Agreement
- LNG Shipping Agreements
- Multi-User LNG Terminals
- Floating Storage & Regasification Units
Day 3Downstream Contracts
- Stages, Contracts & Operations
- Wholesale Contracts
- Retail Distribution Contracts
- Commodity Trading Contracts
- Natural Gas Distribution & Utilization
- Stages & Structures
- Acquisition Process
- Consents & Approvals
Accounting & Auditing
- PSC Audit Procedure
Day 4Governance & Regulation
- Petroleum Law
- Legal Hierarchy
- Legal Function in Contracts
- Good Faith
- Negotiation Stages
- Contract Architecture
- Express and Implied Obligations
- Balancing Contracts
- Document Management
- Sources of Disputes
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Post-Award Considerations
- Sovereign Immunity
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – we have delivered training solutions for 95% of worlds’ top 100 banks and have trained over 250,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 150 strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 20,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 180 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 96% on service and 95% on product
BiographyDennis is an international legal expert in petroleum law who is based in United Kingdom. He is a qualified lawyer in the United States as well as UK and New Zealand and has been listed in the Guide to the World’s Leading Energy and Natural Resources Lawyers. He has received the degrees of Juris Doctor from the University of Wyoming and LLM-Energy Law from the University of Utah.In his thirty years of practice, Dennis has been the chief legal officer for Sinclair Oil Corporation in the US, and the Petroleum Exploration Corporation of New Zealand. He has also worked as an adviser on law and negotiations regarding petroleum resource development, pipeline transportation and fuel purchase contracts to Petrobangla, PetroVietnam, Kazmunigaz, Cambodian Petroleum Authority, Perusahaan Gas Negara (Persero), Gas Authority of India, Papua New Guinea Department of Mines and Petroleum, Philippines National Power Corporation and the Sri Lanka Petroleum Resources Development Secretariat.Dennis has also been a consultant to the Asian Development Bank, The World Bank and the European Investment Bank on petroleum sector policy, project financing for oil and gas development and crossborder gas trade all over the world. He was the legal adviser to four West African governments for the West African Gas Pipeline Project and was appointed as an adviser by the US State Department and Department of Commerce on gas pipeline projects in Azerbaijan and Bangladesh. He is a Member of the Global Faculty for the Centre for Energy, Petroleum & Mineral Law & Policy at the University of Dundee. He is the course author of International Comparative Petroleum Law and has published A Framework for Negotiating and Documenting International Petroleum Transactions and A Framework for Negotiating and Managing Gas Industry Contracts.Dennis' research in the field of petroleum law has been published in the Land and Water Law Review, Tulsa Law Journal and Journal of Comparative and International Law. He is a Distinguished Visiting Professor on Insurance Law and Oil & Gas Law at the University of Wyoming.
The map attached details some of our most frequently used venues
If you need help booking accommodation for your visit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our partners will help you get the best rate possible.