VAT on Virtual and Online Programmes
Claiming Back Your VAT
All attendees of a London based course incur VAT as a part of the cost of attendance.
Euromoney Learning have partnered with VAT IT to allow you the unique opportunity to recoup the VAT incurred.
Using VAT IT's extensive experience and simple sign-up and refund process, every invoice can be turned into cash for your business.
Claim the VAT that's rightfully yours in four simple steps:
1. Register your interest
2. Sign a few simple documents
3. VAT IT processes your claim
4. Receive your refund
Why choose VAT IT
VAT IT have spent two decades identifying, researching and perfecting the foreign VAT Reclaim process and built the best back end technology in the industry. By partnering with Euromoney Learning, we can provide you with a fast and effective way to reclaim your VAT which helps reduce the cost of your training.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
Can I claim back the VAT myself?
You can claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
"Excellent training which has improved my knowledge of the documentation, given the context of clauses and taught me how to think ‘like a lawyer’." - Past Attendee, ScotiabankOur new, 2-day Loan Documentation virtual course is module 1 of our Loan Documentation School taking place this July and will be delivered via video conferencing rooms technology.
"It’s amazing how you make it possible to learn so much within just a few days." - Past Attendee, National Savings & Credit Bank Zambia
Module 1: Loan Documentation (Days 1-2)
Module 2: Advanced Loan Documentation (Day 3)
This 2 -day intensive course will cover all aspects of a loan transaction, concentrating particularly on the agreement itself and on the legal implications of a properly drafted and incorrectly drafted document. The course will provide a clause-by-clause analysis of loan documents, including standing 'boilerplate' provisions and a workshop on common banking expressions.
You will be taken step-by-step through the process of documenting a loan, from the early stages of pre-contractual issues, letters of commitment and written offers, through to administrative provisions, representations, covenants, defaults, transfer provisions, guarantees and the eventuality of insolvency.
By attending this course, you will fully understand the legal implications of a properly drafted and incorrectly drafted document.
Why attend this course?
- Be guided through the essential elements of various loan transactions
- Learn how to negotiate representations, covenants and events of default from both a lender’s and borrower’s perspective
- Gain a thorough understanding of the real value of security
- Recognise pre-contractual issues and the legal nature of a letter of commitment
- Improve your knowledge of interbank markets and basic administrative provisions
- Become familiar with the standard ‘boilerplate’ provisions
- Understand the concept of due diligence
- Be able to deal with the transfer of loan obligations
- Master common banking expressions
All participants on our Loan Documentation training courses will receive a complimentary copy of “The Handbook of International Loan Documentation”, written by our expert faculty, Sue Wright. ISBN 978-1-137-46758-4
"It enabled me to better understand the LMA and its clauses. I would recommend it." - Past Attendee, Danske Bank
Who should attend?
- In-house lawyers in banks and financial institutions
- Bankers concerned with the negotiation of loans
- Bank executive involved in the documentation of loans
- Lawyers in private practice who advise clients on loan agreements
- Corporate counsel
- Credit control officers
- Credit administration officers
Note - A good level of spoken and written English is required to attend this course. Delegates should be of an intermediate standard in English at a minimum. Please refer to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages - as a guide the level required is B2.
This course will be run using meeting rooms technology. To find out more contact email@example.com
Start time each day will be 9am BST (British Summer Time)
o loan markets/capital markets;
o long term debt/current liabilities
o single bank /syndicated;
o project/corporate/asset/limited recourse;
o loan/l/c/guarantee facilities
• Money issues
• Impact of Basle regulations
• Risk free rates and the transition from LIBOR
• Default Interest
• Witholding tax, gross up and FATCA
o What is where and why?
o How to find your way around the documentation quickly
o Moving definitions
o Operative provisions
o Uncapitalized definitions
o Multiple application
o Break costs
o Defaulting Lenders
o Financial Indebtedness
o Majority Lenders
o Drawdown and conditions precedent
o Increased costs
o Change of control
• Purpose• Topics of representations including
o Common comments on Information representation
o Pari passu
Including a workshop to identify the impact of repeating representations and the interrelation between repeating representations and other parts of the documentBreak
• Financial ratios
o Common ratios
o negative pledge and
o no disposals
o Purpose and mechanics
o Remediable Events of Default?
Other Events of Default
Material Adverse Change
o Credit derivatives
Agent’s role and protections
Anti estoppel clause and reservation of rights letters
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – 10/10 of the world’s largest banks have chosen us as there training provider and we have delivered training across the largest banks and have trained over 25,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 100+ strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 25,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 99 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 4.2/5 on service and 4.7/5 on Coursecheck
BiographySue Wright is a solicitor with over 18 years experience in international banking transactions, including syndicated loans, subordinated debt, structured finance and tax driven transactions. She was a partner in the banking department at Norton Rose for 8 years and was responsible for training assistants at Norton Rose for 2 years. Sue has been highly recommended as one of the leading experts in her field by the Legal 500 and by Chambers.She was the Head of Professional Development at Herbert Smith and is now running an independent training consultancy, specialising in international banking.