Reclaiming Your VAT
Reclaim the VAT on your Euromoney Training Courses in the UK
Why am I being charged VAT?
The EU VAT Directive stipulates that all training and educational courses that are provided in the UK must include a VAT charge on payment.
Can I reclaim my VAT back?
Overseas delegates who attend our courses in the UK are eligible to claim their VAT back once it has been paid.
How can I claim the VAT back paid on a course?
There are two ways in which you can claim back VAT back from the UK.
Option 1 - Directly through HM Revenue and Customs
The most cost-efficient way is to claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
Option 2 - Through our Recommended VAT Reclaim Service – VAT IT
The specific rules for VAT reclaim will vary according to the laws of your country of residence. This can be complicated and time-consuming.
Euromoney have an exclusive partnership with VAT IT, specialists in international VAT reclaim. VAT IT will review, process and submit your VAT refund on your behalf.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
If you want to find out more about this service, please email your details to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Project Finance Cashflow Modeling
This course represents module 2 of the Project Finance Academy.
Module 2 This day-long session gives participants a hands-on opportunity to build a cash flow model for an LNG facility using Excel-based software. At the conclusion of the segment participants will be have built a pro forma project model suitable for examining debt capacity and project return on investment.
Four Workshops That Can Be Booked Together or Separately:
- Module 1: Advanced Project Finance Workshop (4 days)
- Module 2: Cashflow Modelling (1 Day)
- Module 3: Financing Natural Resources: Oil, Gas and Mining Projects (2 Days)
- Module 4: Infrastructure Finance and PPP (2 Days)
This programme consists of four separately bookable modules, book the full Project finance academy and save £2535.
Who should attend
- Bankers/Investment Bankers
- Project Finance Modelers
- Financial Advisors
- Sponsors/Project Joint Ventures
- Project Developers
- Government/PPP Agencies
- Public Sector Managers
- Export Credit Agencies
- Multilateral Agencies
Themes: Project Finance Modelling
Participants will spend a day building a model for a Liquified Natural Gas (LNG) project. They will test a limited-recourse financing package for debt capacity and attractiveness to investors. Discussion of common approaches to modeling with Excel, ‘dos’ and ‘don’ts’. Practical use of models for negotiations.
Modelling Workshop Overview: Objectives and Approaches
- Constructing a Model / Common Myths
- Variations by Project Type
- Overview of LNG Plant and Major Contracts
Structuring the Model and Organizing the Data to Create a Cashflow Statement
- Developing the Assumptions Page
- Construction Costs and Timing
- Operating Cost, Plant Capacity Usage, Fixed and Variable Costs
- Reinvestment, Plant Expansion, Productivity Shifts
- Equity First or Pro Rata
- Manually Designed Equity Subscription
- Draw-down of Debt Linked to Specific Contracts, Expenditures or in a Hierarchy
Developing the Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet
- Factoring in Reserves
- Considering Currencies
- Tax Calculations
- Working Capital
Ratios and Sensitivity Analysis: Objectives and Limitations
- Measuring Debt Capacity and Investor Return
- Using Modelling Output for Initial Project Vetting
- Supporting on-going Negotiations
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – we have delivered training solutions for 95% of worlds’ top 100 banks and have trained over 250,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 150 strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 20,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 180 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 96% on service and 95% on product
- Equipping stakeholders to respond rapidly to the exploding array of global project finance opportunities, is the objective of my courses. We show participants numerous successful - and troubled – project transactions. If they return to the office armed with concepts and a framework for analysis that they can apply to their own portfolios, we’ve met our goal.
BiographyMs. Osius designs and delivers executive level training sessions as well as providing consulting services to a wide variety of organizations worldwide. Specializing in international project finance, capital markets, and risk management, she works with corporate investors, private and development banks, equipment suppliers, law firms etc., to structure viable financing packages for green-field projects and facility upgrades in the power, oil and gas, transport, social services and telecom sectors. Prior to establishing her own firm Ms. Osius was a banker at JP Morgan Chase Bank where she structured international project transactions and advised clients on risk management. Ms. Osius has published articles in the business press and co-authored several self-study guides covering international project finance, trade and export finance, foreign exchange, and financial futures, as well as financial analysis in frontier markets. She is a primary speaker in a series of video sessions on Sound Banking Principles. Ms. Osius is a Director of British Caribbean Bank and Waterloo Holdings. Previously she was Chair of the Technical Advisory Panel of the Public Private Infrastructure Advancement Fund (PPIAF). The fund supports technical assistance in emerging markets to encourage private involvement in infrastructure development. She received an M.B.A. from INSEAD, the European Institute of Business Administration, in Fontainebleau, France. Her B.A. degree is from Princeton University.