Reclaiming Your VAT
Reclaim the VAT on your Euromoney Training Courses in the UK
Why am I being charged VAT?
The EU VAT Directive stipulates that all training and educational courses that are provided in the UK must include a VAT charge on payment.
Can I reclaim my VAT back?
Overseas delegates who attend our courses in the UK are eligible to claim their VAT back once it has been paid.
How can I claim the VAT back paid on a course?
There are two ways in which you can claim back VAT back from the UK.
Option 1 - Directly through HM Revenue and Customs
The most cost-efficient way is to claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
Option 2 - Through our Recommended VAT Reclaim Service – VAT IT
The specific rules for VAT reclaim will vary according to the laws of your country of residence. This can be complicated and time-consuming.
Euromoney have an exclusive partnership with VAT IT, specialists in international VAT reclaim. VAT IT will review, process and submit your VAT refund on your behalf.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
If you want to find out more about this service, please email your details to: email@example.com
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Cash Flow Management & Working Capital Optimisation
In an environment where ‘Cash is King’ this course will teach you how to manage your working capital and maximise the use of cash within your organisation. Working capital optimisation and management is the art, and increasingly the science, of organising a company’s short term resources to sustain ongoing activities, mobilise funds and optimise liquidity.
This 3-day course will provide and in-depth analysis of an organisation’s working capital accounts throughout each phase of the business operating cycle and looks at how to manage them for maximum efficiency.
The course is aimed at finance professionals who have an impact of the working capital of a company or organisation, including corporate treasurers, accountants and purchasing specialists. It deals with both basic principles and wider practical strategies for businesses to employ.
Some of the areas the course will cover include:
- Update on latest developments, tools and techniques to permanently improve your business’s cash position and improve working capital
- What drives cash flow and opportunities for improvement?
- Discover relationship between cash flow and profit and risk
- Customer Payments – International issues and solutions
- Lean principles applied to accounts receivable
- Develop meaningful KPI’s that measure the effectiveness of your working capital and cash management strategy
- Gaining more credit from suppliers
- Identifying and managing vendor risks
- Plan and forecast working capital with greater effectiveness and accuracy
Working Capital Policy
- Importance of Working Capital
- Operating Cycle Analysis
- The cash conversion cycle
Levels of Working Capital Investment
- Profitability versus risk
Use of short term and long term debt
- Profitability versus risk
- Fluctuating current assets
- Permanent long term assets
Short term credit
- Cost of short term funds
- Cost of trade credit
- Stretching Accounts Payable
- Accrued expenses and deferred income
- Single loans
- Line of Credit
- Revolving credit agreement
Accounts Receivable Loans
- Pledging accounts receivable
- Factoring accounts receivable
- Warehouse financing arrangements
Comprehensive Case on Managing Working Capital
Managing Accounts Receivable
- Elements of receivables management
- Monitoring the receivables cycle
- Accounting for uncollectible accounts
- Sales financing
- Credit reporting
- Asset based financing
- Cases (2) on receivables management
- Inventory and Working Capital
- Elements of inventory management
- Monitoring inventory turnover
- Economic order quantity
- Balancing inventory levels
- Just in time
- Managing your supply chain
- Asset-based financing
- Cases (2) on inventory management
Third Party Financing
- Payable management
- Payables monitoring
- Cash conversion cycle revisited
- Payables and payroll alternative
Putting it altogether
- Simulation: Working capital management
- Debriefing the simulation
Managing working capital
- Risk analysis
- Risk management
- Efficiency of working capital
- Liquidity and working capital
- Costing transactions that involve working capital
- Cases (2) on managing working capital
Course summary and close
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – we have delivered training solutions for 95% of worlds’ top 100 banks and have trained over 250,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 150 strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 20,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 180 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 96% on service and 95% on product
Frank J. BeilThe most rewarding aspect for me is providing course participants with the knowledge and practical skills to become invaluable at their organisation.
BiographyThe course instructor is a CPA and recognised expert in financial accounting. He has advised the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) on the Codification Project on Revenue Recognition. He also conducts seminars on Accounting and Auditing Update, Fair Value Measurements, Accounting for Retirement Benefits, Accounting for Leases, Accounting for Revenue Recognition, Accounting for Derivative Instruments and Hedging Activities, and Accounting for Business Combinations. He is a Managing Director of a firm which specialises in the Energy Industry by consulting on effectively managing operating and financial risk. He is also a Senior Lecturer in Accounting and Adjunct Professor of Management at a leading University. His previous experience includes holding positions as CFO for both businesses and non-profits as well as conducting auditing and accounting work for numerous publicly traded companies in the U.S. He has published articles on accounting topics including Revenue Recognition: Fundamental Principles and Multiple Element Arrangements, and Revenue Recognition: Products and Services, and was named Price Waterhouse Coopers Outstanding Faculty of the Year. The course instructor holds a Masters of Science in Accounting & Taxation from the University of North Dakota, and a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of Wisconsin.
Your training venue will be confirmed by one of our course administrators approximately 3-4 weeks before the course start date.
As such we have detailed our most frequently used training destinations in London on this map. If you need help booking accommodation for your visit to our training courses, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our partners will help you get the best rate possible."