|Real estate awards - Global|
|Regional awards - Western Europe|
|Regional awards - Asia|
|Regional awards - Emerging Europe|
|Regional awards - Nordic & Baltic|
|Real estate awards - by country|
-- International investing in real estate is growing rapidly and will continue to grow
More than 25 per cent of investment in property in Europe during the past two years was made by institutions moving capital across borders. Asia and the Americas are experiencing similar inflows – in other words, real estate is no longer the comfortably domestic business it once was.
--Real estate investing is becoming more complex
Advisors and investment bankers are devising sophisticated new investment vehicles to answer the demand from the buy-side for more transparency, more liquidity and more effective tax structures in their property portfolios.
The awards cover real estate practitioners in more than 50 countries, and focus on the following categories:
- Developers. Euromoney analyses in all major real estate markets which developers are the most consistent providers of high quality, profitable real estate projects. We also look at individual developments, both recently completed and those at the planning stage, and award the most exciting projects. Each of the six main real estate sectors are awarded: Residential; Retail/Shopping; Office/Business; Industrial/Warehouse; Leisure/Hotel; and Mixed.
- Management Specialists. The critical hidden factor in successful real estate investment is choosing the right manager. Country by country, which management companies provide the most consistent and reliable service to their clients maximizing income stream and returns?
- Commercial Banks providing capital to the real estate industry. Which banks are the most innovative and fast moving in providing finance for property developments? Which ones have the closest understanding of the needs of the real estate industry?
- Advisors and Consultants. No successful real estate investment can be made without the assistance of a knowledgeable and ingenious specialist advisor. Who can best guide investors through the special opportunities and challenges in Russian real estate? Who understands the Frankfurt office market best? Who knows how to identify profitable opportunities in North America? In selected cases Euromoney also looks at law firms and accountant practices with above average real estate skills.
- Investment Banks with specialist real estate services. Much of the innovation in real estate springs from the thinking of those investment banks that have devoted significant resources to the property industry. Euromoney examines which investment banks- both international competitors and local boutiques- to see who provides the best thinking and the most innovative structures. Who engineered the best deals of the year?
- Investment Managers with specialist real estate funds. The objective of investing in the real estate market is to make money. Which managers are providing investors with the greatest returns, the most stable results, and the optimal fund structures? The funds can be structured as direct or indirect, can be listed or unlisted, and can be produced in a variety of formats. Which managers have the best reputation, and which of their funds are performing best?