Cash management debate: Executive summary
Corporate treasury bears the brunt of regulatory and technological change, and those changes are accelerating. At the same time, demands for performance increase, and it’s the banks who have to deliver.
• Increased pressures on corporate treasuries such as centralization of activities are leading to increased demands on banks
• Globalization of corporates in production and distribution require systems that enable centralized control
• Robust partner-bank arrangements are needed to facilitate such things as rapid movements of liquidity
• Sound receivables management demands efficient collection points, efficient information flow and efficient use of funds once collected
• Provisions need to be made to improve the efficiency of working capital arrangements
• Arrangements such as the EU’s Single European Payment Area will bring enhanced efficiency