Cash management debate: Dynamic Asia makes growing demands on cash management banks
Providers and clients in the key Asian markets discuss the effects of the region’s growing influence and importance, tradeability of the renminbi and the developments that are bringing cutting-edge cash management services.
• The growing importance of Asia in the world economy makes centralization and process standardization crucial
• Growth markets and growing revenues mean that many companies in Asia can afford to be conservative when it comes to short term investments
• The financial crisis and subsequent reduced access to funding prompted growing interest in supply-chain financing
• Relationships with banks have been rationalized
• Local-currency investment options are comprehensive in only a few markets
• The liberalization of the renminbi is beginning to transform the terms of trade
Cash management debate: Learn more about the panelists
Euromoney What are the demands from corporate clients in Asia and to what extent do they reflect increased sophistication and centralization?