FX Market round-up: The least used sentences in FX
An e-mail has been circulating, purportedly detailing certain phrases unlikely ever to be heard in any sell-side FX trading room. In no particular order, they are:
* I think my budget is very fair and achievable this year;
* This dollar/Swiss is very liquid today;
* No thanks, I don’t like beer;
* The bonuses were very generous this year;
* There are way too many hot-looking chicks in this dealing room;
* Nice fill – and keep a couple of ticks for yourself;
* My sales desk is brilliant;
* Our systems are fantastic and work really well;
* Japanese FX policy makes perfect sense to me;
* This dollar/Canada is easy;
* This hedge fund business is always full amount;
* The e-platform has never shafted me;
* That girl in the back office is an absolute genius;
* I wish this job had more useless and duplicative admin;
* Can I do your trade early on Monday?
* It’s great that senior management have a full understanding of the FX product;
* Do you mind watching my take profit orders please?
* Sell 100 euros at worst; and finally,
* Hey, turn the cricket off! I was watching Bloomberg TV.