Reclaiming Your VAT
Reclaim the VAT on your Euromoney Training Courses in the UK
Why am I being charged VAT?
The EU VAT Directive stipulates that all training and educational courses that are provided in the UK must include a VAT charge on payment.
Can I reclaim my VAT back?
Overseas delegates who attend our courses in the UK are eligible to claim their VAT back once it has been paid.
How can I claim the VAT back paid on a course?
There are two ways in which you can claim back VAT back from the UK.
Option 1 - Directly through HM Revenue and Customs
The most cost-efficient way is to claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
Option 2 - Through our Recommended VAT Reclaim Service – VAT IT
The specific rules for VAT reclaim will vary according to the laws of your country of residence. This can be complicated and time-consuming.
Euromoney have an exclusive partnership with VAT IT, specialists in international VAT reclaim. VAT IT will review, process and submit your VAT refund on your behalf.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
If you want to find out more about this service, please email your details to: email@example.com
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Project Finance Practitioner Certificate e-Learning
For anyone entering or consolidating a project finance career, this course comprehensively covers both project finance theory and modelling skills and provides a substantial knowledge and skill base that will take 3-5 years off the learning curve in a matter of weeks.
This certification requires the completion of two on-line courses:
• Project Finance eLearning (40 hours)
• Mastering Project Finance Models eLearning (40 hours)
In the Project Finance section, delegates will learn about:
• Identifying and mitigating key risks
• Structuring the various elements of a finance package including identifying sources of finance, debt sizing, debt structuring, covenants, lender security, inter-creditor arrangements, key metrics such as DSCR, LLCR, PLCR, IRR etc.
• Negotiating key terms in a revenue agreement such as an Off-take Contract or other “Availability” type contracts.
• Negotiating key terms in an EPC, O&M and Input Supply Contract
• Negotiating key terms in a credit agreement
• Risk characteristics of the major project finance sectors
In the Mastering Project Finance Models section, delegates will build a project finance model with:
• monthly construction drawdowns
• two tranches of construction debt
• flexibility to choose one of three drawdown options i.e. equity first, pro-rata debt and equity drawdown, equity on completion
• two tranches of term debt with the flexibility to model interest only periods, quarterly inputs for base rate, margins, hedging percentage and swap rates. You will also be able to model quarterly, semi-annual or annual repayment profiles
• debt service reserve with the flexibility to model a 3, 6, 9 or 12 month reserve
• revenues and operating costs with indexation
• a major maintenance reserve with progressive build up of funds and flexibility to change the period over which it is built up
• a detailed depreciation schedule with the flexibility to use straight line depreciation, accelerated depreciation, no depreciation or immediate write-offs.
• Project cashflow analysis with all the key metrics e.g. DSCR, LLCR, PLCR, IRR, Payback periods, distribution lock-up
• Financial statements (both quarterly and annual)
In addition, they will learn about modelling best practice, Excel tips and tricks, and how to carry out sensitivity analysis, scenario analysis and break-even analysis.
I would like to praise your firm for preparing such an exceptional course. I have enjoyed going through the course material and completing the tests. In parallel, our company has just reached a financial close on its first project finance project. Some of your checklists were our practical guidance. Victoria Egorova – Excelerate Energy
The building block approach made it really easy for me to build an otherwise quite complex model. The step by step instructions and detailed explanations of all the formulae are a great reference. - Garth Alvares Consultant, Transport industry, Australia
The illustrative, case study and quiz-based approach to training provides a good foundation for developing an understanding of the key structuring, modelling and documentation aspects of project financings. Navodit Narain, CFO, Endeavour Energy
I found the Mastering Project Finance Models Course invaluable and would give it an overall rating of 9 out of 10. - Stephen Murefu, REESCO, South Africa
The course is available on-demand and is self-paced. Participants have 12 months to complete both courses and qualify for the certification. Unlimited instructor support is provided via e-mail/phone.
Project Finance (40 hours)
Module 1: Introduction to Project Finance
Module 2: Project Risks
Module 3: Financing Projects
Module 4: Revenue Agreements
Module 5: EPC, O&M and Input Supply Agreements
Module 6: Finance Documents
Module 7: Project Finance Sectors
Mastering Project Finance Models (40 hours)
Module 1: Introduction to the Course
Module 2: Modelling Best Practice
Module 3: Model Assumptions
Module 4: Model Building Steps and Excel Essentials
Module 5: Construction Costs
Module 6: Construction Funding
Module 7: Term Debt
Module 8: Revenues
Module 9: Operating Costs
Module 10: Major Maintenance
Module 11: Depreciation
Module 12: Working Capital
Module 13: Tax
Module 14: Project Cashflows
Module 15: Financial Statements
Module 16: Using the Model
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – we have delivered training solutions for 95% of worlds’ top 100 banks and have trained over 250,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 150 strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 20,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 180 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 96% on service and 95% on product
BiographyAtul has worked as a senior project financier with Australian, Japanese and French banks for over 15 years. He has core expertise in structuring debt and equity for infrastructure projects (toll roads, airports, rail, pipelines), public private partnerships (schools, convention centres, hospitals, desalination plants) and power projects (PPA & merchant power plants, distribution and transmission networks). Atul has been involved in project finance training since 2011 and is the author and designer of several popular e-learning courses. His qualifications include a Bachelor of Engineering (Marine) and a Master’s in Business Administration.