VAT on Virtual and Online Programmes
Claiming Back Your VAT
All attendees of a London based course incur VAT as a part of the cost of attendance.
Euromoney Learning have partnered with VAT IT to allow you the unique opportunity to recoup the VAT incurred.
Using VAT IT's extensive experience and simple sign-up and refund process, every invoice can be turned into cash for your business.
Claim the VAT that's rightfully yours in four simple steps:
1. Register your interest
2. Sign a few simple documents
3. VAT IT processes your claim
4. Receive your refund
Why choose VAT IT
VAT IT have spent two decades identifying, researching and perfecting the foreign VAT Reclaim process and built the best back end technology in the industry. By partnering with Euromoney Learning, we can provide you with a fast and effective way to reclaim your VAT which helps reduce the cost of your training.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
Can I claim back the VAT myself?
You can claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Adapting to the New Volatility Regime
This course is IBF-STS Accredited (Level 2 - Private Banking)
What does volatility mean to you? Risk? Opportunity? Or Uncertainty? This half-day course is designed to teach financial professionals how to adapt to the new volatility regime, marked by VUCA conditions, harnessing a unique 3-step approach, based on resilience, divergent thinking& optionality.
Resilience is part of a markets & mind approach. Markets, in terms of an ‘all-weather’ investment process, with active market timing and risk management overlays. Mind, meaning a greater awareness, reduced behavioral bias and improved stress response management (SRM). Divergent thinking alludes to the market reality of probabilities, not certainties. Avoiding linear, one-way bets, while hedging out-liar black or white tail risks. Finally, optionality is primarily focused on multiple scenario planning, learning from past anomalies. History doesn’t repeat, but often rhymes.
VUCA is a globally recognised acronym meaning Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity & Ambiguity. This is a military term for mission critical decisions during “unknown unknowns” which are experienced in the “fog of war”. The military battlefield is proving a useful metaphor for our financial market landscape. 2020 kicked off with spike in Oil and geopolitical risk premia, Brexit divorce after a 3-year holding pattern and the latest challenging Coronavirus alert. This is all amplified against the backdrop of late economic cycle, market fragility and ongoing socio-political unrest.
Delegates will learn how to seek alpha in a VUCA world, as part of the unique 3-step approach, grounded in past and present case studies, with the opportunity to engage in an interactive role-play, as either an investor/trader, relationship manager or other key market player.
By the end of this half-day course, participants will be able to:
• How to adapt to the new cycles and volatility regimes, marked by VUCA conditions.
• Learn the impact market and client portfolio,while identifying strategies to manage volatility.
• Recognize indicators of financial crises and bubble.
• Identify common strategies to manage client portfolio in extreme market volatility.
• Define key lessons from previous financial crisis,market volatility & VUCA related events.
• Improve performance as either an investor/trader, relationship manager or key market player.
Relationship Managers, Private Bankers, Wealth Managers, Client Advisors and other Client Facing Bank Personnel
- IBF STS Accredited – Private Banking (Level 2)
- Competency Unit – CU 1 – Investment Advisory: Understanding Market Volatility
- Technical Skills and Competencies Unit
- TSC G13 – Market Specialisation, Proficiency Level 4
- Course duration: 3-hour with 1-hour assessment | 4 IBF – STS Training Hours
IBF-STS APPROVED Code P190611GIR
Non-RRCE (4 hours)
The IBF Standards Training Scheme ("IBF-STS") provides funding for training and assessment programmes accredited under the Skills Framework for Financial Services.
The programmes in this booklet have been accredited under the IBF Standards, and is eligible for funding under the IBF Standards Training Scheme (IBF-STS), subject to all eligibility criteria being met. Candidates are advised to assess the suitability of the programme and its relevance to participants’ business activities or job roles.
IBF-STS provides 70% funding for direct training costs subject to a cap of S$7,000 per candidate per programme. Please visit their website for more details www.ibf.org.sg
About The Institute of Banking and Finance Singapore (IBF)
The Institute of Banking and Finance Singapore (IBF) is the national accreditation and certification agency for financial industry competency in Singapore under the IBF Standards. You can find out more on www.ibf.org.sg
This course will take place at 14.00 SGT (Singapore Time), and is scheduled to be 3 hours in duration, plus an assessment.Session 1Recognizing cycles and the volatility story
Takeaway group exercise (discuss three key takeaway sand complete related worksheet)VUCA - What? Why? How?
- Recognizing cycles; investment clock (risk premia), volatility& VUCA related events
- Tech talk; financial market theory evolution, tail risk, socio-political trends & liquidity
- Market states; Trends, Volatility Signature & Crisis Alpha
Divergent Group exercise – Individual groups will discuss and share real-time VUCA implications on markets,strategies and client relationship managementSession 3Seeking Alpha in a VUCA World, using a 3-step approach
- What is VUCA?
- Why does VUCA matter?
- How does VUCA impact markets and client portfolios?
- Case-study analysis, primarily focused on 2020, including recent events of the Oil spike/Geopolitical risk,Brexit, Corona virus and future market scenarios, notably US presidential elections
- Resilience “market & mind” approach.
Markets, in terms of an ‘all-weather’ investment process, with active market timing and risk management overlays.-
Mind, meaning a greater awareness, reduced behavioral bias and improved stress response management (SRM).
- Divergent Thinking - alludes to the market reality of probabilities, not certainties. Avoiding linear,one-way bets, while hedging out-liar black or white tail risks.
- Optionality - primarily focused on multiple scenario planning, learning from past anomalies.History doesn’t repeat, but often rhymes.
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – 10/10 of the world’s largest banks have chosen us as there training provider and we have delivered training across the largest banks and have trained over 25,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 100+ strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 25,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 99 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 4.2/5 on service and 4.7/5 on Coursecheck
BiographyRon is a market strategist, educator/mentor and trader/investor; with 20-years of experience, working for leading economic research & institutional firms; producing macro research & trading strategies. He specializes in blended, top-down, semi-discretionary analysis, driven by cycles and proprietary timing models. Ron is also a behavioural finance/trading psychologist & mentor using latest techniques in peak-performance, neuroscience and mindfulness. A keen student of leaders in the field, he follows the great works of key financial market & master practitioners. Ron's primary work, as part of his current institutional market advisory firm (RWA), acquired global industry recognition with multiple Finalist Award for "Best Specialist Research/& FX". His market insights are also featured regularly across notable industry publications and financial media programs; featuring Bitcoin-Digital Asset Paradigm, 2018 Flash-Crash & Bond yield spike risk.Grounded with his practical market experience, Ron specialized as a Chartered Financial Technician (CFTe), the gold standard benchmark in the study of behavioural finance, market timing and risk management.