Powered by Finance Unlocked
Learn about every aspect of finance, delivered through one-off videos to in-depth pathwaysLearn More
VAT on Virtual and Online Programmes
Claiming Back Your VAT
All attendees of a London based course incur VAT as a part of the cost of attendance.
Euromoney Learning have partnered with VAT IT to allow you the unique opportunity to recoup the VAT incurred.
Using VAT IT's extensive experience and simple sign-up and refund process, every invoice can be turned into cash for your business.
Claim the VAT that's rightfully yours in four simple steps:
1. Register your interest
2. Sign a few simple documents
3. VAT IT processes your claim
4. Receive your refund
Why choose VAT IT
VAT IT have spent two decades identifying, researching and perfecting the foreign VAT Reclaim process and built the best back end technology in the industry. By partnering with Euromoney Learning, we can provide you with a fast and effective way to reclaim your VAT which helps reduce the cost of your training.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
Can I claim back the VAT myself?
You can claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Private Equity: Legal Perspectives & Documentation (Corporate Finance)
This course forms module 2 of the Corporate Finance: Legal Issues virtual course.
Module 1: Mergers & Acquisitions: A Legal Guide to M&A (Corporate Finance)
Module 2: Private Equity: Legal Perspectives & Documentation (Corporate Finance)
The course in June will be delivered virtually using online meeting rooms technology. To understand more, please contact email@example.com
The virtual course will run over two sessions daily. All start times will be UK British Summer Time
Session 1 - 9am - Midday
Session 2 - 2pm - 5pm
This course is fully interactive and delegates will each receive copies of materials electronically.
This practical course is taught using an inter-active webinar format that comprises presentation by the Course Director lectures followed by short, practical and inter-active case studies and exercises to reinforce the concepts covered in each teaching session. Emphasis is placed on you the participant gaining handson experience.
You will participate in class discussions and drafting exercises to reinforce your lecture and workshop experience. You will leave with the updated knowledge, confidence and familiarity with contracts required to tackle the most important aspects of commercial contract law.
This course will address the latest trends, developments and legal issues facing the private equity industry. If you would like to know more about the private equity industry from a legal perspective this is a course you must attend.
You will leave this practical 2-day Training course with a thorough understanding of:
- The total deal process and preliminary matters
- Legal risk management in private equity
- Key steps in a comprehensive due diligence
- Development of strategic business plan
- A holistic acquisition and investment agreement
Who should attend this training course?
- Private equity professionals
- Venture capitalists
- Investment bankers
- Corporate financiers
- M & A specialists
Note - A good level of spoken and written English is required to attend this course. Delegates should be of an intermediate standard in English at a minimum. Please refer to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages - as a guide the level required is B2.
DAY 1 – Morning – Three Hours (Start time 9am)
PRIVATE EQUITY – What it is?
• When is private equity used
• The parties
• How is a fund structured
• Identification of targets
• How do PE firms get money?
• How do PE firms create value
• How PE firms control the target company through legal documents
• How do PE firms exit?
• Internal rate of return
• Provider’s ancillary issues
• Debt funders requirements
• Management requirements
The Deal Process and Preliminary Matters including Sample Documents
• Engaging advisers
• Engagement letters
• Limitations of liability
• Heads of agreement
Principal documents and Business Plan
• Contractual structure
• Funds – Limited liability partnership agreement
• MBO – principal documents
• Acquisition - key documents
• Debt v Equity
• Loan v Debt
• Business plan
DAY 1 – Afternoon – Three Hours (Start time 2pm)
Limited Partnership Agreements and Private Equity Funds including Sample Document
• Limited liability partnerships - Purpose
• Limited Partnership Fund Structure
• Capital and Loan
• Loan Commitment
• Allocations, Sharing and Distributions of Partnership Profits
• Carried Interest
• Appointment and Removal of General partner
• Powers, Rights and Duties of the General Partner
• Powers of Limited Partner
• Withdrawal of Partners
• Fees and Expenses:
o Management Fee
o Establishment Costs
o Transaction Costs
o Fee Income of the General Partner
• Transfer of Interests – Limited Partners and General Partner
• Termination of Partnership
• Indemnification of General Partner
DAY 2 - Morning – Three Hours (Start time 9am)
• Aims of the Investor
• Purpose - ‘caveat emptor’
• Relevance to warranty claims
• Management interest
• Limitations on Financial Recovery
• Interested Third Parties
• Social responsibility
• Conducting the Exercise
Management Due Diligence – Unique to Private Equity• Managing expectations
• Best practice
• Deal structures
• Intelligence gathering
• Profiling management teams and chairperson
Share Transfer Provisions in Equity Documents - Part One
• Equity Documents
o Investment Agreement
o Articles of Association
o Service Agreements
• Lock – up and other restrictions
• Permitted transfers
• Pre – emption procedure
• Tag – along provisions
• Compulsory transfer provisions
• Strip equity
• Sweet equity
• Leaver classification
• Time – based vesting
• Unfair dismissal
• Growth capital investment
• Mechanics of investment
• Investor controls
• Issues raised by management
• Corporate governance
• Minority protection
Close of Course
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – 10/10 of the world’s largest banks have chosen us as there training provider and we have delivered training across the largest banks and have trained over 25,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 100+ strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 25,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 99 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 4.2/5 on service and 4.7/5 on Coursecheck
Arun SinghAs a former partner and Head of International Commercial Law at KPMG Legal, I specialise in international investment, joint ventures, M&A, energy, outsoutcing and corporate governance.
BiographyArun Singh is an international lawyer and consultant to an international law firm. He was formerly a partner and Head of International Commercial Law at KPMG Legal globally. He is cited and ranked in Chambers Guide of the World’s Leading Lawyers. He specialises in international investment, joint ventures, licensing of technology, R&D, M&A, energy, outsourcing and corporate governance globally. He has worked with clients such as Standard Chartered, Bank of China, KPMG, Motorola and more.He is a Visiting Professor in International Business, Leadership and Negotiations at Salford University Business School, Senior Associate of Oxford University’s Institute of Legal Practice, a Visiting Lecturer to Cambridge University and a Visiting Fellow to Leeds University Business School where he focuses on leadership, cross-cultural dynamics in international business and international trade and investment.He is the non-executive director of an international investment fund listed on the London Stock Exchange and Chairs another international investment company where he approves and selects investments, their acquisitions, sales and their structures.He was appointed an OBE by HM the Queen in January 1999 for services to international trade, investment and intercultural management.Arun is an editor and contributor to a number of publications, in April 2010 his book on Business and Contract Law was published by Thorogood.