Claiming Back Your VAT
All attendees of a London based course incur VAT as a part of the cost of attendance.
Euromoney Learning have partnered with VAT IT to allow you the unique opportunity to recoup the VAT incurred.
Using VAT IT's extensive experience and simple sign-up and refund process, every invoice can be turned into cash for your business.
Claim the VAT that's rightfully yours in four simple steps:
1. Register your interest
2. Sign a few simple documents
3. VAT IT processes your claim
4. Receive your refund
Why choose VAT IT
VAT IT have spent two decades identifying, researching and perfecting the foreign VAT Reclaim process and built the best back end technology in the industry. By partnering with Euromoney Learning, we can provide you with a fast and effective way to reclaim your VAT which helps reduce the cost of your training.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
Can I claim back the VAT myself?
You can claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Shipping Finance Documentation
“Very relevant. The trainer has strong experience in the industry. It’s not an easy subject but she made it very interesting.”Senior Associate, Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong)
“Very knowledgeable trainer with good practicable examples.”Client Executive, Shipping, Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken AB
The global industry of ship finance is greatly affected by today’s everchanging economic climate. The technical and complicated issues surrounding it, as well as the many taxation liabilities involved, can make ship finance a potentially expensive minefield. However, despite the risks involved, ship finance can be one of the most profitable ventures that a financial institution can undertake. With the correct finance structure and meticulously prepared loan and insurance documentation, many of these liabilities can be identified and accounted for.
This course, 'Ship Finance' is organised in association with leading specialist ship finance lawyer Sue Wright, aims to provide an understanding of the documentation involved and how this can be used to minimise the inherent risks and liabilities in such activities. You will return to your office equipped with the knowledge and skills required to operate effectively in the potentially lucrative field of ship finance.
Summary of course content:
- The ship finance market
- Flags and ship registration
- The basic security
- The security documents
- Insurance covenants
- Trading the ship
- The loan – who is the borrower?
- Due diligence, conditions precedent and closing
- Security – other issues
- The loan agreement
- Other financing structures
As with all courses, this programme uses case studies and practical exercises to ensure that you leave the course, ready to apply your new knowledge.
The ship finance market
- What makes ship finance different?
- International nature of the business
- Some hedging options
- Transaction types
Flags & ship registration, security, second hand and newbuilding
- National, offshore and open registers
- Bareboat registration and the lender's perspective
- Basic security for second hand purchases
- Document structure
- Security for newbuilding finance
Loan Agreement Preliminary Issues
We look at the structure of the documentation and how the different provisions interrelate. We will also look at issues related to who should be the borrower and at some key definitions in the documents.
Administrative Provisions Including Due Diligence and Closings ***
The basic security
- Collateral assignments
- Share security
- Pre-enforcement options
- The lenders’ principal remedies
The security documents
- We will look at the common provisions of basic security documents
In this section we will look at the insurance covenants included in the security package and the reasons behind them. Issuescovered will include:
- The standard marine risks
- Captive insurance companies and reinsurance
- The role of the letter of undertaking
- Fleet policies
- Mortgagee’s interest insurance
- Brokers and clubs
- The Norwegian insurance market
Trading the ship
- Different types of charter and other employment
- Pool agreements
- Ship managers
- Impact on bank’s security
- Treatment in loan and security documents
The loan – who is the borrower?
- Structural subordination
- Cross security
- Cross default
- Hazards of guarantees and third party security
Due diligence, conditions precedent & closing
- Where should due diligence be conducted?
- What should the legal opinion say?
- What should the conditions precedent be?
- Payment letters and simultaneous closing in different locations
Participants will examine specimen documents produced for a closing and consider their acceptability.
- Security and other issues
Security – other issues
- Floating charges
- Perfecting assignments
- Loan transfers
- Other assets - cash, shares, collateral ships
- When can the security be set aside?
The loan agreement
- Mechanical and boilerplate provisions
- Representations and covenants
- Events of default
Other financing structures
This section will discuss the other common financing structures, including:
- Export credit
- Government guarantee schemes
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – 10/10 of the world’s largest banks have chosen us as there training provider and we have delivered training across the largest banks and have trained over 25,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 100+ strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 25,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 99 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 4.2/5 on service and 4.7/5 on Coursecheck
BiographySue Wright is a solicitor with over 18 years experience in international banking transactions, including syndicated loans, subordinated debt, structured finance and tax driven transactions. She was a partner in the banking department at Norton Rose for 8 years and was responsible for training assistants at Norton Rose for 2 years. Sue has been highly recommended as one of the leading experts in her field by the Legal 500 and by Chambers.She was the Head of Professional Development at Herbert Smith and is now running an independent training consultancy, specialising in international banking.
The map attached details some of our most frequently used venues
If you need help booking accommodation for your visit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our partners will help you get the best rate possible.