Claiming Back Your VAT
All attendees of a London based course incur VAT as a part of the cost of attendance.
Euromoney Learning have partnered with VAT IT to allow you the unique opportunity to recoup the VAT incurred.
Using VAT IT's extensive experience and simple sign-up and refund process, every invoice can be turned into cash for your business.
Claim the VAT that's rightfully yours in four simple steps:
1. Register your interest
2. Sign a few simple documents
3. VAT IT processes your claim
4. Receive your refund
Why choose VAT IT
VAT IT have spent two decades identifying, researching and perfecting the foreign VAT Reclaim process and built the best back end technology in the industry. By partnering with Euromoney Learning, we can provide you with a fast and effective way to reclaim your VAT which helps reduce the cost of your training.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
Can I claim back the VAT myself?
You can claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
International Financial Law Academy
Euromoney Learning's International Financial Law Academy has developed an enviable reputation as the premier international financial law event on the training calendar. The academy offers an unequalled opportunity for lawyers from around the world to learn the principles and practice of international financial law from expert practitioners. Over two weeks, the academy will cover a substantial range of topics.
Moreover, the academy has a strong practical orientation; it provides guidance and advice on how to identify, approach and solve the legal problems posed by international financial transactions. Case studies and workshops provide opportunities for participants to study actual transactions and become involved in documentation and negotiation exercises. During the course, participants will receive a set of notes,sample clauses, extracts from relevant laws or regulations and materials for case studies and workshops.
Why you should attend
Who should attend
Government and international organisations involved in international financing operations
Lawyers in multi-national corporations dealing with international financial transactions
Lawyers in practice who advise clients on international financial transactions
Banking executives who are closely involved in legal issues of international financial transactions
Monday 22nd July
- Introduction to English contract law
- Formation of Contract & Pre-Contractual Negotiations in English law
- Workshop: Contract formation
- The contents of the contract under English law
- Variation & Transfer of Contractual Rights & Obligations
- Workshop: Variation and discharge
- Termination of contract
- International enforcement of financial obligations
Tuesday 23rd July
- An introduction to International Trade Finance
- Bankers’ Documentary Credits
- Workshop: Autonomy, fraud and illegality
- Guarantees in International Trade
Wednesday 24th July
- Term Sheets
- The most common structure of Loan Transactions
- LIBOR and bank funding
- Loan transfers
- The loan agreements review
- Workshop – glossary terms
- Due diligence
Thursday & Friday, 25th & 26th July
- How the financing documents interact with the project documents
- The loan agreement in project finance transactions
- Guarantees and letters of credit
- Multi-source finance
- Bond issues
- Mezzanine or subordinated debt
- Lease and vendor finance
- Intercreditor issues
- The security package in project finance
- Structuring the security package
Monday 29th July
- What swaps are and how they work
- Understanding the Master Agreement
- The significance of every clause in the Agreement
- How to complete the Schedule to the documentation
- How to draft clauses to meet special situations
- How to deal with insolvency and close-out netting
- The risks in credit exposure and techniques for credit enhancement
- How to assess the capacity of the counterparty
- The significance of major swaps litigation
Tuesday 30th July
- Improve legal writing and contract drafting skills
- Learn how to avoid common drafting pitfalls
- Develop an effective communication style
- Understand the structure and terms that are common to contracts
- Learn advanced negotiation skills (for commercial matters and dispute resolution)
- Writing legal opinions, correspondence memoranda and email
- Drafting pre-contractual documentation
- Drafting general contractual terms and specific clauses
- Negotiation skills for lawyers
- Tactics, techniques and personalities
- Negotiating key clauses
Wednesday & Thursday, 31st July and 1st August
Corporate Finance & International M&A – Arun Singh
- Structuring the detail – M&A
- Understanding the pre-contractual issues
- Confidentiality agreements
- Workshop : Due Diligence
Thursday & Friday, 1st & 2nd August
- Transferring the portfolio of assets from the originator to the SPV/Issuing vehicle. Methods of transfer typically used and the importance of the ‘true sale’ analysis.
- Commercial drivers to the structure: liquidity support techniques: credit enhancement: profit extraction techniques: senior/junior/subordinated structures.
- Intercreditor related issues: security structures: control: and enforcement.
- Comprehensive overview of the form and content of the documentation typically used in securitisation transactions. Lessons to be learned from the global credit crisis: new world/”mark II” securitisation structures.
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – we have delivered training solutions for 95% of worlds’ top 100 banks and have trained over 250,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 150 strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 20,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 180 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 96% on service and 95% on product
Daphne PerryAfter I graduated from Cambridge University, I practised as a barrister in the English courts, specialising in commercial disputes for 12 years. I much prefer teaching to fighting lawsuits!
BiographyDaphne Perry practised for 12 years as a barrister specialising in general commercial litigation until 1997, when Chambers & Partners ranked her in the top 11 juniors for commercial work in London. She then supported litigators at Denton Wilde Sapte for another 12 years with training, current awareness, know-how and precedents. Experienced in plain language legal draft ing and editing, she is quoted in the Law Society’s textbook “Clarity for Lawyers” and is a committee member of Clarity, the international association for plain language in the law. As Denton Wilde Sapte’s plain language co-ordinator, for 3 years she supported their plain language service, liaising with other lawyers across the fi rm and with non-lawyers in training, business development and IT.
BiographyMichael Kenny was a solicitor in private practice working in law firms in the City of London, and also in Bahrain, Hong Kong and New York. For 20 years he was a partner at Watson Farley & Williams, a leading international law firm. He is now a legal consultant focusing on legal training. He specialises in international finance, and advised banks and companies in trade finance, commodity finance and project finance. He was particularly involved in transactions in Africa and the Middle East. He has been a frequent speaker and contributor to legal and business journals.
BiographySue Wright is a solicitor with over 18 years experience in international banking transactions, including syndicated loans, subordinated debt, structured finance and tax driven transactions. She was a partner in the banking department at Norton Rose for 8 years and was responsible for training assistants at Norton Rose for 2 years. Sue has been highly recommended as one of the leading experts in her field by the Legal 500 and by Chambers.She was the Head of Professional Development at Herbert Smith and is now running an independent training consultancy, specialising in international banking.
BiographyMark is a partner and head of the projects & infrastructure finance team at BLP. He has extensive experience in providing multi-disciplinary advice to both public and private sector clients, and he works on a wide range of high value, high profile, innovative and complex infrastructure projects, including the first PF2 transaction to close in the UK. Mark is qualified as a Solicitor in England & Wales and is also a New York State Attorney.
Arun SinghAs a former partner and Head of International Commercial Law at KPMG Legal, I specialise in international investment, joint ventures, M&A, energy, outsoutcing and corporate governance.
BiographyArun Singh is an international lawyer and consultant to an international law firm. He was formerly a partner and Head of International Commercial Law at KPMG Legal globally. He is cited and ranked in Chambers Guide of the World’s Leading Lawyers. He specialises in international investment, joint ventures, licensing of technology, R&D, M&A, energy, outsourcing and corporate governance globally. He has worked with clients such as Standard Chartered, Bank of China, KPMG, Motorola and more.He is a Visiting Professor in International Business, Leadership and Negotiations at Salford University Business School, Senior Associate of Oxford University’s Institute of Legal Practice, a Visiting Lecturer to Cambridge University and a Visiting Fellow to Leeds University Business School where he focuses on leadership, cross-cultural dynamics in international business and international trade and investment.He is the non-executive director of an international investment fund listed on the London Stock Exchange and Chairs another international investment company where he approves and selects investments, their acquisitions, sales and their structures.He was appointed an OBE by HM the Queen in January 1999 for services to international trade, investment and intercultural management.Arun is an editor and contributor to a number of publications, in April 2010 his book on Business and Contract Law was published by Thorogood.
BiographyGRAHAM PENN, co-leader of the firm’s Global Finance practice, is recognized as a pre-eminent authority on structured finance and securitization, with a particular focus on commercial real estate. Graham has worked in the securitization market since its inception in the UK in the late 1980s, on a wide range of both UK and cross-border transactions involving assets in a variety of jurisdictions. As the financial landscape has shifted in recent years, he has been well-placed to advise clients on restructuring, refinancing, workout, insolvency and enforcement strategies in respect of both balance sheet and securitized loans, primarily those secured on commercial real estate. He has also advised clients on new acquisition and financing structures post-credit crisis, including the first non-bank CMBS transaction and regularly advises clients on the sale and acquisition of performing and non-performing loans (NPLs), including those backed by commercial real estate.
BiographyAdam Ward is an English-qualified lawyer with over 20 years experience in the financial markets. He has broad expertise but specialises in structured derivatives and lending transactions, as well as various other areas such as prime brokerage.Adam runs his own financial markets legal consultancy business, Amunet Partners, where he has been its managing partner since its establishment in 2009. Prior to establishing Amunet, Adam worked at various investment banks both as an in-house lawyer and as a structurer within the front office. Whilst at Amunet, Adam has been engaged on transactional work (structuring, negotiation and execution) and regulatory projects and he has also acted in various interim leadership capacities, including EMEA Head of Legal for a global bank.In addition, Adam has been active in providing training internationally on a variety of topics (including derivatives, clearing, repos and legal risk) on behalf of bodies such as ISDA and ICMA and independently to various financial institutions, corporates and law firms.
The map attached details some of our most frequently used venues
If you need help booking accommodation for your visit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our partners will help you get the best rate possible.