Euromoney Learning On-Demand
Powered by Finance Unlocked
Learn about every aspect of finance, delivered through one-off videos and in-depth pathwaysLearn More
VAT on Virtual and Online Programmes
Claiming Back Your VAT
All attendees of a London based course incur VAT as a part of the cost of attendance.
Euromoney Learning have partnered with VAT IT to allow you the unique opportunity to recoup the VAT incurred.
Using VAT IT's extensive experience and simple sign-up and refund process, every invoice can be turned into cash for your business.
Claim the VAT that's rightfully yours in four simple steps:
1. Register your interest
2. Sign a few simple documents
3. VAT IT processes your claim
4. Receive your refund
Why choose VAT IT
VAT IT have spent two decades identifying, researching and perfecting the foreign VAT Reclaim process and built the best back end technology in the industry. By partnering with Euromoney Learning, we can provide you with a fast and effective way to reclaim your VAT which helps reduce the cost of your training.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
Can I claim back the VAT myself?
You can claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Oil & Gas Agreements School
The complexity of the oil and gas industries frequently results in projects being undertaken by joint ventures, alliances and other strategic groupings. Forming a successful alliance, whatever its format, is a complex process requiring a high degree of experience and expertise.=At this school Dennis Stickley, an international legal expert in petroleum law , will discuss with participants why parties come together in a cooperative endeavour to undertake a phase of a project, the legal forms they might use in so doing, the relationships created by the forms and the principle legal and commercial issues that affect those relationships.
The school will prove invaluable to CEOs, COOs and CFOs engaged in major new, ongoing and potential ventures in the oil and gas sector, and also to their internal and external legal advisers.
The course will cover:
- The contract matrix in the oil & gas industry
- Key agreements and examples of those agreements
- The relationship matrix from a contractual and a corporate perspective
- The legal principles that shadow relationships
- Specific issues affecting relationships
Fundamentals of International Petroleum Contracts
- Petroleum Industry’s Business Model
- Role of Contracts in the Hydrocarbon Chain
- Contracting Parties
- Industry Risk & Uncertainty
- Substitutes for Performance & Liability
- Contract Stability & Adjustments
- Administrative Contracts
- Governing Law
- Natural Gas Terms
- Force Majeure
- Commercial, Technical, Liability, Administrative
- Conditions, Covenants & Warranties
Economics, Finance & Insurance
- Spreadsheet Analysis
- Evaluation of Fiscal Systems
- Reserve Based Financing
- Financial Instruments
- Internal Rate of Return
- Pay-out Period
- Addition of Reserves
- Leases, Licences, Production Sharing. Risk-Service
- Fractional Interests, Working, Carried, Revenue, Carve-Outs
- Farm-in / Farm-out Agreements
- Enhanced Production Agreements
- Transfer of Late-life Assets
- Assignment of Interest
- Share Transfers & Change of Control
- Right of First Refusal
- Consents & Approvals
- Post-closing Adjustments
- Stages & Operations
- Joint Ventures
- Management of Operations
- Role of National Oil Company
- Drilling Contracts
- Service & Supply Contracts
- Engineering, Procurement, Installation & Commissioning
- Lifting & Balancing
- O&M Contracts
- Unit Operations
- Abandonment & Removal
- Management Committee
- Impact on Defaulting Party
Accounting & Auditing
- Accounting Procedures
- Right to Audit
- Audit Procedure
- Materiality & Exceptions
Storage, Processing & Transportation
- Crude Oil Storage & Lifting Agreements
- Quality Banks
- Stand-alone Processing Facilities
- Gas Transportation Agreements
- Balancing Obligations
- Nomination & Scheduling
- LNG Shipping Agreements
- Floating Storage & Regasification
- Multi-User LNG Terminals
- Access Regime
- Access Agreement
Sales & Marketing
- Sales of Goods Law
- Selling Agents
- Quality Specifications
- Measurement & Testing
- Crude Sales
- Natural Gas Sales & Purchase Agreement
- LNG: Long-term, Master Sales, Spot Cargo
- Crude Oil
- Natural Gas
- Sources of Disputes
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Forum & Rules
- Sovereign Immunity
- Collateral Attacks
- Enforcement of Awards
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – 10/10 of the world’s largest banks have chosen us as there training provider and we have delivered training across the largest banks and have trained over 25,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 100+ strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 25,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 99 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 4.2/5 on service and 4.7/5 on Coursecheck
BiographyDennis is an international legal expert in petroleum law who is based in United Kingdom. He is a qualified lawyer in the United States as well as UK and New Zealand and has been listed in the Guide to the World’s Leading Energy and Natural Resources Lawyers. He has received the degrees of Juris Doctor from the University of Wyoming and LLM-Energy Law from the University of Utah.In his thirty years of practice, Dennis has been the chief legal officer for Sinclair Oil Corporation in the US, and the Petroleum Exploration Corporation of New Zealand. He has also worked as an adviser on law and negotiations regarding petroleum resource development, pipeline transportation and fuel purchase contracts to Petrobangla, PetroVietnam, Kazmunigaz, Cambodian Petroleum Authority, Perusahaan Gas Negara (Persero), Gas Authority of India, Papua New Guinea Department of Mines and Petroleum, Philippines National Power Corporation and the Sri Lanka Petroleum Resources Development Secretariat.Dennis has also been a consultant to the Asian Development Bank, The World Bank and the European Investment Bank on petroleum sector policy, project financing for oil and gas development and crossborder gas trade all over the world. He was the legal adviser to four West African governments for the West African Gas Pipeline Project and was appointed as an adviser by the US State Department and Department of Commerce on gas pipeline projects in Azerbaijan and Bangladesh. He is a Member of the Global Faculty for the Centre for Energy, Petroleum & Mineral Law & Policy at the University of Dundee. He is the course author of International Comparative Petroleum Law and has published A Framework for Negotiating and Documenting International Petroleum Transactions and A Framework for Negotiating and Managing Gas Industry Contracts.Dennis' research in the field of petroleum law has been published in the Land and Water Law Review, Tulsa Law Journal and Journal of Comparative and International Law. He is a Distinguished Visiting Professor on Insurance Law and Oil & Gas Law at the University of Wyoming.
The map attached details some of our most frequently used venues
If you need help booking accommodation for your visit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our partners will help you get the best rate possible.