Claiming Back Your VAT
All attendees of a London based course incur VAT as a part of the cost of attendance.
Euromoney Learning have partnered with VAT IT to allow you the unique opportunity to recoup the VAT incurred.
Using VAT IT's extensive experience and simple sign-up and refund process, every invoice can be turned into cash for your business.
Claim the VAT that's rightfully yours in four simple steps:
1. Register your interest
2. Sign a few simple documents
3. VAT IT processes your claim
4. Receive your refund
Why choose VAT IT
VAT IT have spent two decades identifying, researching and perfecting the foreign VAT Reclaim process and built the best back end technology in the industry. By partnering with Euromoney Learning, we can provide you with a fast and effective way to reclaim your VAT which helps reduce the cost of your training.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
Can I claim back the VAT myself?
You can claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Advanced Loan Documentation
IMPORTANT: We strongly advise that delegates first attend the Loan Documentation course unless they are already very familiar with, or experienced in dealing with the loan agreement.
This course is the follow on to our ever popular loan documentation training programme that has run for more than ten years. The course will deal with the more structural and commercial side of the loan agreement and will give delegates more opportunities to practice making and responding to comments on the documents.
In three days the course will cover a substantial range of topics including structural issues, contractual support arrangements, key clauses in the loan agreement, the loan agreement in different commercial contexts and legal issues that arise in financing transactions.
The course will consist of a series of lectures and workshops that will provide you with a practical insight into dealing with the documentation of loans. By the end of the course you will be thoroughly familiar with the most important aspects of loan documentation.
This course will help you
- Understand the essential elements of various loan transactions
- Appreciate how to avoid the conflict between representations, conditions precedent, undertakings and events of default
- Gain a thorough understanding of different forms of contractual support and their advantages and disadvantages as compared with claims in debt
- Discuss a variety of issues and comments on the loan agreement which are commonly raised by borrowers
- Improve your knowledge of other common financing documents including a contract assignment and a subordination agreement
- Be able to negotiate key clauses in a financing package
- Master the important legal issues which commonly arise in a financing transaction including trusts and fiduciary duties
Who should attend
- In-house lawyers in banks and financial institutions
- Bankers concerned with the negotiation of loans
- Bank executive involved in the documentation of loans
- Lawyers in private practice who advise clients on loan agreements
- Corporate counsel
- Credit control officers
- Credit administration officers
Review of key loan agreement issues
- “Relevant companies”
- Conflict between representations, conditions precedent, undertakings and events of default
- The Pari Passu clause
- The negative pledge
- The cross default clause
- The material adverse change clause
- Linking the loan to the borrower’s rating
- “Material”, “reasonable” worth the debate?
- Grace periods
- Prepayment events
- Subjectivity and control in the context of events of default
Workshop 1: review clauses from a loan agreement and identify key issues for the borrower.
The loan agreement in different commercial contexts
Comparison of provisions appropriate to a corporate risk, project risk and/or an asset risk
- Financial ratios
- Additional considerations where the borrower is a special purpose company
- Homework preparation for workshop 2
Day 2Workshop 2: review comments from a borrower on a loan agreement and consider the bank’s response.
Key legal issues part 1: basic points
- Types of claim and remedies
- What courts have jurisdiction to deal with disputes in an international context? What law will they apply?
Responsibility for misrepresentations
- For the arranger
- For a bank selling a participation in the secondary market
- For the borrower
- For the lawyers
- How effective are they?
Other responsibilities of the banks
- Agents and trustees
- Fiduciary duties
- Conflicts of interest
- In what circumstances might obligations be avoided or become unenforceable?
- Financial assistance
- Ultra vires
- Commercial benefit
- Transactions at an undervalue
- Interference with contacts
Workshop 3: participants will be given a scenario and asked to spot the legal issues.
- Damages and debt – what are the differences?
- Structural subordination
- Substitutes for guarantees e.g.
- Commitments to inject capital
- Comfort letters
- Put options, leases, offtake agreements and other contractual support
- Contract assignments
- Security on bank accounts
- Security, title financing and recharacterisation
- We will review a number of different intercreditor agreements relevant to different circumstances.
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – we have delivered training solutions for 95% of worlds’ top 100 banks and have trained over 250,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 150 strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 20,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 180 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 96% on service and 95% on product
BiographySue Wright is a solicitor with over 18 years experience in international banking transactions, including syndicated loans, subordinated debt, structured finance and tax driven transactions. She was a partner in the banking department at Norton Rose for 8 years and was responsible for training assistants at Norton Rose for 2 years. Sue has been highly recommended as one of the leading experts in her field by the Legal 500 and by Chambers.She was the Head of Professional Development at Herbert Smith and is now running an independent training consultancy, specialising in international banking.
Nassima Royal Hotel
Dubai has an incredible number of hotels. Courses held here are mainly held at the:
Nassima Royal Hotel
Plot 49 Sheikh Zayed Road, Trade Centre District Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Nassima Royal Hotel is a modern, stylish, luxury hotel on Sheikh Zayed Road. Towering at 51 stories, the hotel offers stunning views over Dubai and its iconic landmarks.
You can also view other recommended hotels on this map: