Claiming Back Your VAT
All attendees of a London based course incur VAT as a part of the cost of attendance.
Euromoney Learning have partnered with VAT IT to allow you the unique opportunity to recoup the VAT incurred.
Using VAT IT's extensive experience and simple sign-up and refund process, every invoice can be turned into cash for your business.
Claim the VAT that's rightfully yours in four simple steps:
1. Register your interest
2. Sign a few simple documents
3. VAT IT processes your claim
4. Receive your refund
Why choose VAT IT
VAT IT have spent two decades identifying, researching and perfecting the foreign VAT Reclaim process and built the best back end technology in the industry. By partnering with Euromoney Learning, we can provide you with a fast and effective way to reclaim your VAT which helps reduce the cost of your training.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
Can I claim back the VAT myself?
You can claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Negotiation Skills in the Private Banking/ Wealth Management Environment
This course is designed to help bankers improve their negotiation skills with their clients and any other counterparty. It is built around very practical case studies and role-plays covering the most common situations they are facing on a regular basis. At the end of this workshop, participants will have practical tools so they can immediately apply what they’ve learned upon their return to the office.
· Know the steps of the negotiation process
· Understand the basic rules of negotiation
· Appreciate the negotiation environment in banking
· Know how to prepare a negotiation
· Be able to run a negotiation
· Experience the negotiation process
· Adapt to negotiation styles
· Understand the personality and power in negotiation
· Know how to deal with a difficult negotiator
· Manage the ploys
· Be able to close a deal
A mixture of formal presentations, exercises, classroom discussion and case studies, implying a lot of interactivity. Case studies can be developed to reflect the bank’s private client base for varying profiles of private client.
· Course overview
· What is a negotiation?
· The necessary conditions to make a negotiation possible
· The particularity of negotiation with a private banking client
Case study: This case shows to what extent we continuously negotiate and demonstrate the conditions necessary for a negotiation to take place
The negotiation process
· The four step of the process
· How to properly prepare a negotiation
· How to run a negotiation
· This “game” is quite efficient for the delegates to understand the impact of the negotiation style and the importance of a win-win approach
· This case is to apply in practice a key element of the negotiation preparation: the analysis of the alternatives
· Delegates will then “play” the case
Personalities in negotiation
· The “negotiation personalities”
· How this could impact a negotiation
· How this is important, particularly in private banking
A Private Banking case
· This case is about a classic situation private bankers face on a regular basis
· Preparation of the case, by teams
· Case running & debriefing
The negotiation environment
· Stakeholder analysis
· Adaptation to changes
Case Study: The Negotiation Environment
Managing the ploys
· What are they?
· How to manage them
· How not to use them
· Dealing with a difficult negotiator
The fees game
· This is a case about another regularly encountered situation in private banking
· Preparation of the case, by teams
· Case running & debriefing
Strategic vs. tactical thinking
· Key differences
· How this could affect a negotiation
· What should be used in private banking
Closing a deal
· How to close a deal
· Key rules to apply
· Getting a win-win
Workshop conclusion and farewell
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – we have delivered training solutions for 95% of worlds’ top 100 banks and have trained over 250,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 150 strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 20,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 180 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 96% on service and 95% on product
BiographyThe Course Director is a leading global sales and service consultant with a sales management career grounded in blue chip financial organisations such as Barclays Bank and Axa Finance spanning over 15 years. For Barclays International and he was fundamental in the creation of their global relationship management training programme for their global off shore retail banking operation. His strong reputation in leading successful relationship management teams has led him to be invited to write for Reuters Business Intelligence. Robert is now a highly successful training consultant delivering courses internationally to a diverse range of clients including HSBC, Hong Kong Monetary Authority and Deutsche Bank. He specialises in relationship building skills for the retail banking industry.His training skills have been formally accredited by City University, UK, and he has recently completed the renowned Business Development course at Babson Business School, Boston USA. In recognition of his experience he has recently been elected as a Fellow of the Institute of Sales and Marketing. His courses are known for their interactivity and innovative nature and are highly in demand by banks across the world.
BiographyFrancois E. Aubert’s consulting and training expertise comes from over 25 years dealing with both individual clients, families and companies in Europe, Middle East (including the Persian Gulf), Africa, Americas and Asia combined with a solid educational background. After having spent the first years of his career in International Finance (and created his own consulting firm), Francois joined Credit Suisse where he was successively responsible for short-term investments, bond trading and equity sales. He then worked for Elvia Vie, a leading life insurance company (where he was trained to life insurance products), before joining Arab Bank as the assistant to the Geneva General Manager. Having acquired the fundamentals of Private Banking and completed his Certified Financial Analyst education, he was promoted to Relationship Manager, in charge of the Near-East Private Banking clients. In 1998, Bank Leu, Geneva, hired Francois to set-up a Near-East department. The break-even point was reached after one year. He then joined BNP Paribas as Director in 2000, a bank strongly committed to the Middle East. He was able to expand the bank’s customer base in a complex global and regional political environment.2002 marked the beginning of Francois' new business life. While continuing to serve private clients and families as an independent wealth planner, he became again a management consultant to multinational companies for their Middle Eastern affairs as well as to banks, wealth management firms and other companies for projects involving notably debt restructuring, commodities and tourism (tour operating and car rental).Training assignments began over 20 years ago and became more important after 2002. Today Francois is a seasoned certified trainer active in about 40 countries (almost 1000 days delivered). He is a lecturer at Trinity College Dublin in charge of the Master in Finance core course “Credit and Fixed Income Investments” and at Geneva University. His fields of intervention cover furthermore Finance, Investments (all asset classes), Banking and Wealth Planning as well as soft skills such as Leadership, Team Building and Management, Client Relationship Management, Negotiation and Selling Skills. Francois also regularly speaks in front of various audiences and on television. He is as well a CFA Institute Approved Speaker and a member of SpeakerHub.He is as well an Assessor for the Client Advisor Certifications, a regulatory exam soon to be compulsory for all Swiss Bankers managing clients.Francois is a long time volunteer for several organisations including the CFA Institute, he served as Board member of the Swiss CFA Society and various committees such as the CFA Institute Professional Development Committee.He holds an MBA from the Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh and is a Certified Financial Analyst and Portfolio Manager (AZEK and EFFAS), CAIA charter-holder, TEP (Registered Trust and Estate Practitioner), Certified Trainer (Swiss Federal Certificate), Certified Business Coach, NLP and Belbin Certified Practitioner. This is completed by various certificates notably in Islamic Finance (CISI), Project Management and Life Insurance management.Francois is Swiss and works in both English and French. He is ready, upon request, to travel around the world