VAT on Virtual and Online Programmes
Claiming Back Your VAT
All attendees of a London based course incur VAT as a part of the cost of attendance.
Euromoney Learning have partnered with VAT IT to allow you the unique opportunity to recoup the VAT incurred.
Using VAT IT's extensive experience and simple sign-up and refund process, every invoice can be turned into cash for your business.
Claim the VAT that's rightfully yours in four simple steps:
1. Register your interest
2. Sign a few simple documents
3. VAT IT processes your claim
4. Receive your refund
Why choose VAT IT
VAT IT have spent two decades identifying, researching and perfecting the foreign VAT Reclaim process and built the best back end technology in the industry. By partnering with Euromoney Learning, we can provide you with a fast and effective way to reclaim your VAT which helps reduce the cost of your training.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
Can I claim back the VAT myself?
You can claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Introduction to Python
This course forms Module 2 of our Introduction to Programming for Finance Professionals course.
Delegates can book on either module or the full course.
In between sessions, a homework assignment will be provided and is recommended to help participants practice and reinforce concepts.
This course uses Python 3 via Anaconda Distribution. Participants must download and install the latest version of Anaconda Distribution:
https://www.anaconda.com/download/ to work through the course. Anaconda comes with Python, Spyder text editor, Jupyter Notebook, and many popular libraries.
This course is geared for financial analysts, portfolio analysts, quantitative analysts, risk managers, or anyone who works with large financial datasets or complex models. No prior programming knowledge or experience is required.
All times BST (British Summer Time)Session #1 (3 hours) - Start time 9am BST
Introduction to Python: Writing Code, Using Logic, and Creating Definite Loops
Introduction to Python• Why do financial professionals use Python?
• Familiarizing yourself with Anaconda and the Spyder integrated development environment
• Writing simple code
• General syntax rules
• Commenting in the code
• Running Python from the command prompt
• Defining variables
• Variable types
• Reserved words
• Numeric and string operators
• Understanding syntax errors and debugging
• Incorporating inputs from the user
• Formatting your output
• Understanding Boolean Expressions
• Reviewing Comparison Operators
• Working with IF…ELIF…ELSE syntax
• Understanding the importance of indentation
• Using logic to prevent potential errors and build more robust code
Looping: Definite Loops
• Creating definite loops to repeat code
• Working with iteration and counter variables
• Creating and working with collections
• Writing recursive syntax within code
• Learning common practical uses of definite loops
Session #2 (3 hours), Start time 2pm BST
Introduction to Python: Creating Loops, Building Functions, and Working with Python Libraries
Looping: Indefinite Loops
• Understanding when to use and how to write indefinite loops
• Learning the dangers of indefinite loops
• Working with nested loops
• Understanding arguments, parameters, and results
• Defining functions to store values, call expressions, and return output efficiently
• Creating functions with multiple parameters
Importing/Creating and Using Libraries (packages or modules) in Python
• Importing Modules
• Using functions in Modules
• Creating your own Modules
• Working with popular financial Modules (Math, NumPy, SciPi, Pandas, MatPlotLib, and more)
Working with Large Datasets, Data Manipulation and System Interaction
• Learning how Python can work with other data sources (CSV, SQL, etc.)
• Using several popular libraries to analyze and visualize a large dataset
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – 10/10 of the world’s largest banks have chosen us as there training provider and we have delivered training across the largest banks and have trained over 25,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 100+ strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 25,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 99 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 4.2/5 on service and 4.7/5 on Coursecheck
BiographyCara Marshall is a tenured Lecturer at Queens College of the City University of New York and the Director of Queens College's Graduate Program in Risk Management.