VAT on Virtual and Online Programmes
Claiming Back Your VAT
All attendees of a London based course incur VAT as a part of the cost of attendance.
Euromoney Learning have partnered with VAT IT to allow you the unique opportunity to recoup the VAT incurred.
Using VAT IT's extensive experience and simple sign-up and refund process, every invoice can be turned into cash for your business.
Claim the VAT that's rightfully yours in four simple steps:
1. Register your interest
2. Sign a few simple documents
3. VAT IT processes your claim
4. Receive your refund
Why choose VAT IT
VAT IT have spent two decades identifying, researching and perfecting the foreign VAT Reclaim process and built the best back end technology in the industry. By partnering with Euromoney Learning, we can provide you with a fast and effective way to reclaim your VAT which helps reduce the cost of your training.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
Can I claim back the VAT myself?
You can claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Microsoft Excel for Financial Service Professionals: Introduction to VBA
This course forms Module 1 of our Introduction to Programming for Finance Professionals course.
Delegates can book on either module or the full course.
This introductory course takes place over two half-day (3-hour) sessions.
In between sessions, a homework assignment will be provided and is recommended to help participants practice and reinforce concepts.
This course is for anyone who wants to learn Visual Basic for Applications (VBA). Typically, participants have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel to be ready for programming in VBA. VBA is often used when a series of actions is repeatedly performed. By coding your sequence of actions in VBA, you can automate this process, saving lots of time. The course does not require any prior programming experience.
We begin by using Microsoft Excel’s macro recorder and then learn to interpret and edit the underlying code. Participants will then learn how to work within modules to build macros (subprocedures) and user-defined functions. Programming topics that will be covered include: declaring variables, looping, debugging, creating input and message boxes, using logic in your code, working with controls and building userforms. This course is hands-on and participants are expected to follow along with the instruction. Financial applications will be used throughout the course to demonstrate the programming concepts.
By the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
• Record and edit VBA macros (subprocedures)
• Create user-defined functions (UDFs)
• Declare and work with different types of variables
• Incorporate existing Excel functions inside the VBA code
• Understand how to debug your code
• Use looping to efficiently repeat certain actions
• Incorporate logic in your code
• Extract and user inputs through input and message boxes
• Work with controls and build userforms
All times BST (British Summer Time)Introduction to VBA
Session #1 (3 hours), 9am - 12pm
Introduction to VBA: Recording Macros, Working with the Visual Basic Editor, Creating User-Defined Functions, and Creating Loops
Gain an introduction to VBA and learn how to record macros. Familiarize yourself with the VBA Editor.
• Get an overview of the Visual Basic Editor and macro settings
• Understand the VBA IDE environment
• Learn how the Visual Basic Editor displays reserved words, comments, and uses Intellisense
• Record a macro
• Record macros using relative references
• Understand how the recorder works and how it converts actions to code
• Run macros by assigning them to a button
• Build your own custom keyboard shortcuts through VBA
Procedures, User-Defined Functions, and Looping
Learn how to work with modules and write your own code. Build your own functions. Understand the need for variables and learn how to create powerful loops.
• Work with modules
• Create, edit and refine code
• Add comments to your code and learn best practices
• Build user-defined functions
• Declare variables and understand variable types
• Use Excel functions inside your VBA
• Write loops to repeat actions
• Learn to debug your code
Session #2 (3 hours), 2pm - 5pm
Introduction to VBA: Practical Uses of VBA for Large Datasets, Building Logic, Working with Input from the user, and Creating Userforms
Practical uses of VBA
Put your VBA knowledge to practical use by building code that will perform analytics on many worksheets quickly using loops.
• Combine recorded macros with looping to analyze large datasets quickly
• Look at the control-of-flow structures
• Use the for each … next structure to work with collections of objects
• Gather and output information via input and message boxes
Building Logic into your Code
Make your code more robust by debugging and learning programming best practices. Build logic into your code.
• Prepare for and build workarounds in your code
• Build Boolean expressions and use If … Elseif … End If decision structures
• Learn the Case … Select Case … End Select method
Working with Forms and Controls
Build interfaces to interact with users in an efficient, yet complex manner.
• Build userforms in VBA
• Work with controls
• Master the toolbox
• Make your subprocedures private or public
• Set userform properties, events, and methods
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – 10/10 of the world’s largest banks have chosen us as there training provider and we have delivered training across the largest banks and have trained over 25,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 100+ strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 25,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 99 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 4.2/5 on service and 4.7/5 on Coursecheck
BiographyCara Marshall is a tenured Lecturer at Queens College of the City University of New York and the Director of Queens College's Graduate Program in Risk Management.