VAT on Virtual and Online Programmes
Claiming Back Your VAT
All attendees of a London based course incur VAT as a part of the cost of attendance.
Euromoney Learning have partnered with VAT IT to allow you the unique opportunity to recoup the VAT incurred.
Using VAT IT's extensive experience and simple sign-up and refund process, every invoice can be turned into cash for your business.
Claim the VAT that's rightfully yours in four simple steps:
1. Register your interest
2. Sign a few simple documents
3. VAT IT processes your claim
4. Receive your refund
Why choose VAT IT
VAT IT have spent two decades identifying, researching and perfecting the foreign VAT Reclaim process and built the best back end technology in the industry. By partnering with Euromoney Learning, we can provide you with a fast and effective way to reclaim your VAT which helps reduce the cost of your training.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
Can I claim back the VAT myself?
You can claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Private Equity Investing
This course represents module 2 of the Private Equity: Venture Capital, Growth Capital & LBO course
The full course comprises of
Module 1 - Private Equity for Institutional Investors & Consultants (Days 1 & 2)
Module 2 - Private Equity Investing (Directly or in Funds) Day 3
Full course overview
Private markets attract a considerable amount of attention and enthusiasm for their performance, diversification effects, and growth of assets under management. Among the different strategies, private equity capitalises on new technologies and trends (venture capital), fast growth companies (growth capital), repositioning of assets and strategic evolutions (leveraged buyouts). Private debt aims at providing investors a differentiated exposure to yield (senior/direct lending), possibly including capital gains (mezzanine debt) and to company restructuring (distressed debt, loan-to-own). Private real assets (private real estate, private infrastructure, timber, natural resources) offer different combinations of yield capital gains, inflation protection and downside protection. All these strategies share common traits, such as the use of equity and debt instruments, over a rather long duration, with active involvement of fund managers and negotiation of specific rights, usually to support high risk/high return projects.
This virtual course provides delegates with a comprehensive understanding of private markets. It will:
Examine the role of private markets in an asset allocation, the instruments used and the challenges associated with their use
Examine the dimensions of private markets investing and the tools that investors use
Illustrate the portfolio construction process
Analyse the economics of private markets funds, their fund raising process and their investor relations
Analyse a representative LBO transaction from deal sourcing, to structuring, to execution, to exit
Illustrate key due diligence issues
Demonstrate how to structure and fund deals
Examine valuation methods, and apply the most frequently used
Demonstrate how to generate returns through value creation post-acquisition, use of tax and financial leverage, operational improvements, 100-day plans and other operational and strategic improvements
Review exit scenarios such as trade sale, dividend recaps, IPOs, and write-offs
Explore reporting of funds, and accounting frameworks
The buy-side (investors), i.e. capital providers to the asset class, looking to commit it according to specific risk-return-liquidity dimensions
Fund managers (front office), i.e. intermediaries investing capital to acquire, grow and sell companies and assetsFund managers (middle and back office), i.e. Intermediaries fund raising, monitoring investments and reporting on it
The sell-side (ecosystem), i.e. intermediaries assisting fund managers or interacting with them
The course will combine dynamically presentations, ateliers, business cases, role playing and interactive Q&A sessions. Active participation is encouraged, and practical exercises will be used.
A good level of spoken and written English is required to attend this course. Delegates should be of an intermediate standard in English at a minimum. Please refer to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages - as a guide the level required is B2.
This course will be run using meeting room technology.
The day will consist of 3 x 2 hour sessions, and the timings are below (all times are British Summer Time)
MODULE 2: PRIVATE EQUITY: INVESTING IN FUNDS AND DIRECTLY (1 DAY)
Day 1(3 x 2 hours) Investing: Funds, funds-of-funds, mandates, co-investments
Setting a program, selecting funds and fund managers
• Setting up the right program, depending on the constraints
• Selecting funds (and funds-of-funds): sourcing, approaching and accessing
• Specificities: persistence of return
• Challenges: adverse selection, contagion, lack of alignment of interests, conservatism, herding effects
• Competition between investors
• What managers look for in an investor?
• Request for proposals: virtues and limits
• Current debates: concentration of fund managers, conflicts of interests, generational change
• Current debates: fee level, hidden fees, hurdle rate,...
• Documentation: The private placement memorandum
• Documentation: The due diligence questionnaire (and the DD pack)
• Documentation: The Limited Partnership Agreement
• Choosing the tools: the case of the LBO
• Other types of investments
• Interactive business case: deal analysis II
• Negotiation and valuation
• Leverage effects
• Performance calculation and analysis
• Limits and risks
The deal and post-investment activities
• 100-day plan, implementation, most frequent operations
• Value creation
• Exiting a deal: IPO, trade sale, secondary sale,...
Q&A and wrap-up
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – 10/10 of the world’s largest banks have chosen us as there training provider and we have delivered training across the largest banks and have trained over 25,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 100+ strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 25,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 99 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 4.2/5 on service and 4.7/5 on Coursecheck
Cyril DemariaI combine practical and entrepreneurial experience with academic knowledge to deliver comprehensive training that's relevant and rigourous.