Euromoney Learning On-Demand
Powered by Finance Unlocked
Learn about every aspect of finance, delivered through one-off videos and in-depth pathwaysLearn More
VAT on Virtual and Online Programmes
Claiming Back Your VAT
All attendees of a London based course incur VAT as a part of the cost of attendance.
Euromoney Learning have partnered with VAT IT to allow you the unique opportunity to recoup the VAT incurred.
Using VAT IT's extensive experience and simple sign-up and refund process, every invoice can be turned into cash for your business.
Claim the VAT that's rightfully yours in four simple steps:
1. Register your interest
2. Sign a few simple documents
3. VAT IT processes your claim
4. Receive your refund
Why choose VAT IT
VAT IT have spent two decades identifying, researching and perfecting the foreign VAT Reclaim process and built the best back end technology in the industry. By partnering with Euromoney Learning, we can provide you with a fast and effective way to reclaim your VAT which helps reduce the cost of your training.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
Can I claim back the VAT myself?
You can claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
A Strategic & Commercial Guide to Blockchain
This course will be run using video conferencing technology, to find out more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This course represents module 2 of the Fintech Training Week
Module 1: AI, Machine Learning & Big Data for Banks (days 1 and 2)
Module 2: A Strategic & Commercial Guide to Blockchain (days 3 and 4)
Developments in the FinTech space are transforming financial services and blockchain and distributed ledger technology are at the forefront of this revolution. Both The Wall Street Journal and The Economist have described it as technology that could change the world.
Blockchain offers banks, asset managers and other organisations the potential to achieve considerable cost savings, efficiencies and resilience in relation to their payment and payment execution systems. These are developments that no senior executive can afford to ignore. Gaining a foothold at this early stage is vital in shaping the technology strategies of the future.
This course provides a grounded and organisationally relevant introduction to blockchain and related cryptocurrency technology.
Starting from first principles, the course approaches the technology from a number of different perspectives to provide foundational knowledge that will enable you to return to your organisation with a clear understanding of how this important technology impacts the bottom line.
By the end of the course, you will have a comprehensive understanding of how to use blockchain technology with a real sense of what’s possible.
Who should attend?
- Analysts, Managers and Directors, covering line and project roles working in Technology, Operations and Finance
- Commercial, Legal, Compliance and Procurement Teams
Note - A good level of spoken and written English is required to attend this course. Delegates should be of an intermediate standard in English at a minimum. Please refer to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages - as a guide the level required is B2.
This course will run using video conferencing technology. To find out more, please contact email@example.com
This course forms Module 2 of the FinTech Training Week which is made up of two distinct modules, which can be individually booked:
Module 1: AI, Machine Learning & Big Data for Banks & Financial Institutions
Module 2: A Strategic & Commercial Guide to Blockchain
The course will start at 9am British Summer Time (BST)
- Why is blockchain so important?
- How is blockchain used? Sector Examples
- Market dynamics
Context - How organisations work and examples:
- Front to back | Business process flows & making money | Goods & services
- Technology architecture | Centralised vs. Distributed
- Supply and purchase
The emergence of cryptocurrencies (and the Blockchain) - Money
- What is money and how does it acquire value?
- Banking and payments infrastructure
- Central banking and regulation
- The advent of the internet and the case for digital money
History of Cryptocurrencies
- The world pre-bitcoin
- The challenge of digital money | Sending and Receiving Money Online
- Bitcoin and why study it?
- The emergence of blockchain from BitcoinBitcoin and Cryptocurrencies Today
- Digital currencies - Bitcoin, Ether, Ripple, Dash, Litecoin, Zcash, Monero etc
- Understanding Wallets, Sending and Receiving Bitcoin
High Level - How blockchains and cryptocurrencies work?
- Cryptographic primitives
- The hash function | SHA 256 and examples
- Digital signing
- Public / private key infrastructure
- The concept of identity and wallets
- Transactions and Consensus Protocols
- Digital Currency Trading Exercise
The Blockchain Game - Compete to Mine a Digital Currency
- Decentralised Applications - Open Software and Smart Contracts
- Ethereum and EOS
- Smart Contracts
- Using Smart Contracts
- Currency Segmentation
- Market trends
- Initial Coin Offerings and capital raising
Digital Currency Trading Exercise
- Introduction to digital currency trading and currency exchanges
- Example trading indicators - MACD, Moving Averages, Relative Strength
- Cyber security
- Digital currency companies
- Distributed Autonomous Organisations
Regulatory, Tax and Compliance
- Government Perspectives
- Regulatory Framework
- Tax Treatment
- Money Laundering - KYC and AML
Workshop Session: Using blockchain and digital currency technology
- Proof of Concept
- Blockchain Strategies
- Commercial Perspectives - how do you engage a blockchain company?
Blockchain Technologies By Sector and Function
- Sector Review - Financial Services, Oil and Gas, Pharmaceuticals, Retail, Media
- Functional Review - Provenance, Procurement, Payments, Sales and Identity
- Challenges with Blockchain Technology
- Where next for blockchain technology?
- Vision and Opportunities
Beyond Blockchain Technology
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – 10/10 of the world’s largest banks have chosen us as there training provider and we have delivered training across the largest banks and have trained over 25,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 100+ strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 25,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 99 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 4.2/5 on service and 4.7/5 on Coursecheck
BiographyHaydn has over 20 years’ commercial, operational and technical experience working for commercial/investment banks (UBS/Deutsche Bank), a central bank (the Bank of England), a management consultancy firm (A.T. Kearney) and a global technology company (Fujitsu). He brings depth in terms of operational knowledge, and breadth in terms of sector knowledge.As to roles, Haydn has held front and back office roles in global investment banks, senior operations and technology strategy roles, and he was a General Manager at Fujitsu. He has worked in architecturally complex environments, grappling with the challenge of reconciling legacy and leading edge technologies. Operationally, he has run large, client sensitive platforms demanding high levels of availability.He is currently the Founder and Managing Director of Blockchain Hub, a specialist FinTech strategy consultancy.Haydn trained as an engineer at Manchester University, and was called to the English Bar.