VAT on Virtual and Online Programmes
Claiming Back Your VAT
All attendees of a London based course incur VAT as a part of the cost of attendance.
Euromoney Learning have partnered with VAT IT to allow you the unique opportunity to recoup the VAT incurred.
Using VAT IT's extensive experience and simple sign-up and refund process, every invoice can be turned into cash for your business.
Claim the VAT that's rightfully yours in four simple steps:
1. Register your interest
2. Sign a few simple documents
3. VAT IT processes your claim
4. Receive your refund
Why choose VAT IT
VAT IT have spent two decades identifying, researching and perfecting the foreign VAT Reclaim process and built the best back end technology in the industry. By partnering with Euromoney Learning, we can provide you with a fast and effective way to reclaim your VAT which helps reduce the cost of your training.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
Can I claim back the VAT myself?
You can claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Effective Finance Business Partnering: Driving Strategy based on Insight
The concept of finance business partnering, the idea of finance professionals being involved in business decision making, strategy development and driving performance is not new, it has been around for decades. However, due to the unique circumstances of different organisations, the deployment of such activity can vary significantly. Business partnering may or may not be a priority, and finance departments may or may not have the ability to deliver it. But what’s interesting is just how many finance leaders, irrespective of the size of their organisation, now recognise the approach as being critical to long term value creation.
Attend this course and learn:
• How finance business partnering can help drive strategy and positively impact on business performance so that both financial and strategic targets can be achieved
• How finance and business management can be more co-ordinated to overcome multiple barriers and become successful business partners
• How finance can become a core part of the management team, using financial and business information to influence decisions and shape outcomes
• How finance can help business interpret and transform data into valuable commercial insights that drives improvement
• How to develop a compelling action plan to embed finance business partnering across the organisation and to continually measure its successful deployment
• How to build commercial credibility and become respected finance business partner
Who should attend:
• Finance managers, controllers and analysts
• Business and operations managers
• Finance, business and operations directors
• Interested stakeholders
Introduction and Course Objectives
• Course Director and delegates
• Course objectives
• The emerging finance landscape
• What is finance business partnering and how widely is it being used
Group Task: Reasons for attending
Challenges to Becoming Successful Business Partners
• Identifying the needs of the organisation
• Business partnering attitudes and knowledge
• Managing expectations and maintaining credibility
• Level of connection and challenge
• Aligning finance business partnering concept to organization’s strategy
• Quality of business decisions
• Systems, processes and data flow
• Setting priorities
Discussion: What would be the likely challenges in your organisation to introducing finance business partners?
Case Study and Discussion:
World-Class Finance Business Partnering• What this looks like – Working through real cases
Identify how successful business partners have:
- built strong relations
- tackled resistance to change
- built business partners teams
Developing Finance Business Partnering Capability - Overview
• Getting to grips with the finance businesses partnering (benefits and the pitfalls)
• Working with business partners to align their strategy to finance business partnering
• Tools and techniques for collaboration in setting and monitoring business strategies
• Techniques to obtain stakeholders buy-in and gaining their trust
Discussion: How is the finance function seen by others in your organisation and what changes are necessary to successfully deploy this approach?
Structuring Finance for Effective Business Partnering
• Changing role of finance professionals and the finance team
• Resourcing (time and people commitment)
• Sharing financial skills with business partners, acting as their coaches and mentors
• Reporting structure adapting to the business organisation
Discussion: Opportunity(s) offered by finance business partnering
Nurturing Skills of Business Partnering Teams
• Seeing beyond the numbers
• Communication skills
• Analytical skills
• Interpersonal skills (diplomacy, tact)
• Handling conflict
• Gaining trust
Group Task and Discussion: Conduct gap analysis of desired skill sets versus existing
• Turning financial data into important business decision making information
• Performance management techniques to give the best insights for improvement
• Spotting emerging risks and effectively responding to them
• Reporting with clarity, without jargon in fewer words, to non-financial audience
Group Task and Discussion:- Alignment with business and financial strategy and regard for risk level
- Developing non-financial metrics and critical success factors
- Developing measurers to track deployment of finance business partnering
Building Commercial Credibility and Becoming Respected Finance Business Partner
• Building strong relationships with board directors and business managers
• Bringing numbers to life with commercial insight, telling story behind the numbers
• Developing thorough understanding of where to create value
• Delivering difficult messages, how to keep positive
• Handling conflict or issues calling for judgment
Group Task and Discussion: Becoming a trusted business advisor, the main traits
Getting Coordinated and Developing an Action Plan
• Selecting business partners
• Protecting reputation risk - getting it wrong
• How to continually assess impact of business partnering
• Making your move
Discussion: Pulling it all together – key elements of an action plan, selecting “low hanging fruit”, overcoming barriers to quickly deliver tangible value
Real Life Reflections on Deploying Finance Business Partnering
• Main barriers and limitations as experienced by Course tutor and board directors
• Hard and soft skills essential to successful implementation
• Business departments, divisions or units typically chosen to add tangible value
• Variety of approaches used to measure success
• Steps to successful deployment
Group Discussion: Q&A
Guest Speaker will offer proven strategies to adopt the changes required for successful business partnering at a leadership and team dynamics level:
• Cultural team dynamics and behaviours
• Critical team capabilities
• Adopting and embedding change
Group Discussion: Q&A
Close• Course Summary
• Take-outs / commit to any actions?
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – 10/10 of the world’s largest banks have chosen us as there training provider and we have delivered training across the largest banks and have trained over 25,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 100+ strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 25,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 99 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 4.2/5 on service and 4.7/5 on Coursecheck
Raj GandhiI have 25 years’ experience in the financial services, energy and retail sector and have built up expertise in finance, treasury, internal audit, risk and governance.
BiographyRaj is a fellow of the ACCA (accountancy), the ACT (Treasury) and member of the IoD (Institute of Directors).In a career that spans 25 years, he has held board and senior positions specialising in finance, treasury, governance and risk.Formerly CFO of London Capital Group plc, Raj’s other roles include member of group reporting team and treasury audit manager for Royal Dutch Shell plc, business unit director for Man Group plc, and group treasurer of Empire Stores Group Plc.In 2011, Raj founded GGV London to deliver in-demand leadership training to senior executives and to provide distinct consulting and mentoring services
The map attached details some of our most frequently used venues
If you need help booking accommodation for your visit, please contact email@example.com and one of our partners will help you get the best rate possible.