Claiming Back Your VAT
All attendees of a London based course incur VAT as a part of the cost of attendance.
Euromoney Learning have partnered with VAT IT to allow you the unique opportunity to recoup the VAT incurred.
Using VAT IT's extensive experience and simple sign-up and refund process, every invoice can be turned into cash for your business.
Claim the VAT that's rightfully yours in four simple steps:
1. Register your interest
2. Sign a few simple documents
3. VAT IT processes your claim
4. Receive your refund
Why choose VAT IT
VAT IT have spent two decades identifying, researching and perfecting the foreign VAT Reclaim process and built the best back end technology in the industry. By partnering with Euromoney Learning, we can provide you with a fast and effective way to reclaim your VAT which helps reduce the cost of your training.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
Can I claim back the VAT myself?
You can claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Financing Natural Resources: Oil, Gas & Mining Projects
This course represents module 3 of the Project Finance Academy.
Building on a foundation established in the first portion of the program Module 3 introduces elements unique to projects in the natural resource sectors: oil, gas and mining. Discussion and cases cover upstream oil and gas delivery as well as green-field and later phase mining projects. Approaches to equipment finance are highlighted, including Islamic alternatives. Effective applications of interest rate, currency and commodity derivatives are described.
Four Workshops That Can Be Booked Together or Separately:
- Module 1: Advanced Project Finance Workshop (4 days)
- Module 2: Cashflow Modelling (1 Day)
- Module 3: Financing Natural Resources: Oil, Gas and Mining Projects (2 Days)
- Module 4: Infrastructure Finance and PPP (2 Days)
This programme consists of four separately bookable modules, book the full Project finance academy and save £2535.
Agenda coming shortly - sector specific modules to be confirmed
Themes: Natural Resources Projects
Upstream, Midstream and Downstream Oil and Gas
- Structure: Upstream, Midstream and Downstream
- Hydrocarbon Basics: Geology, Reserves
- Supply and Consumption
- Oil Production: Process Depletion and Enhanced Recovery
Structures: Balance Sheet vs. Limited Recourse
- Field Development and Platform Types
- Production Facilities
- Building and Financing Pipelines
- Refineries and Petrochemical Plants
- LNG Facilities
- Technology and Construction/Completion
- Reservoir/Reserve Risks
- Feedstock Risk
- Sales and Off-take
- Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental/Regulatory Issues
- Country/Political Risk
Logistics and Transportation Financing
- Logistics: Pipelines, Shipping, and Storage
- AFRA Classes (Average Freight Weight Assessment)
- ULCC to Tanker Lightering
- Definitions, Principles, and Authoritative Sources
- Structures: Murabaha, Istisna and Ijara
- Examples of Petrochemical and Other Transactions
Case Study: Financing an Oil Rig
Participants will break into small groups to prepare a case study concerned with equipment financing. A computer simulation will be used to model possible outcomes. Groups will present their solutions.
Themes: Reserve and Off-take Evaluation; Mining Projects; Risk-Management with Derivatives
Stages in Financing Natural Resources Projects
- Exploration/ Geology/Drilling/Reserve Estimation
- Reserve-based lending and Borrowing bases
- Mezzanine Funding
- Oil and Gas Reserve Categories (P1, P2, P3)
- Common Measures: (Loan Life Cover Ratio (LLCR), Project Life Cover Ratio (PLCR), Reserve Tail
Case Study: Financing a Condensate Field Development Project
Evaluating the security package and forecast cash flows for a condensate field. Structuring Approaches. Finding funding.
Price Volatility and Risk Management with Derivatives in Projects
- Financial price movements today: volatility and risk
- Commodity-linked derivatives and securities
- Using interest rate and currency swaps to manage risk in projects
- Options: caps, floors and collars
Mining Transaction Considerations
- Special Issues
- Single Asset Projects and Asset Depletion
- Off-take Arrangements
- Construction Issues and Engineering
- Mine Operating Risk
- Environmental and Country Risk
Mining Case Study
Structuring a sales contract to support project financing of industrial minerals project.
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – we have delivered training solutions for 95% of worlds’ top 100 banks and have trained over 250,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 150 strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 20,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 180 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 96% on service and 95% on product
- Equipping stakeholders to respond rapidly to the exploding array of global project finance opportunities, is the objective of my courses. We show participants numerous successful - and troubled – project transactions. If they return to the office armed with concepts and a framework for analysis that they can apply to their own portfolios, we’ve met our goal.
BiographyMs. Osius designs and delivers executive level training sessions as well as providing consulting services to a wide variety of organizations worldwide. Specializing in international project finance, capital markets, and risk management, she works with corporate investors, private and development banks, equipment suppliers, law firms etc., to structure viable financing packages for green-field projects and facility upgrades in the power, oil and gas, transport, social services and telecom sectors. Prior to establishing her own firm Ms. Osius was a banker at JP Morgan Chase Bank where she structured international project transactions and advised clients on risk management. Ms. Osius has published articles in the business press and co-authored several self-study guides covering international project finance, trade and export finance, foreign exchange, and financial futures, as well as financial analysis in frontier markets. She is a primary speaker in a series of video sessions on Sound Banking Principles. Ms. Osius is a Director of British Caribbean Bank and Waterloo Holdings. Previously she was Chair of the Technical Advisory Panel of the Public Private Infrastructure Advancement Fund (PPIAF). The fund supports technical assistance in emerging markets to encourage private involvement in infrastructure development. She received an M.B.A. from INSEAD, the European Institute of Business Administration, in Fontainebleau, France. Her B.A. degree is from Princeton University.