Claiming Back Your VAT
All attendees of a London based course incur VAT as a part of the cost of attendance.
Euromoney Learning have partnered with VAT IT to allow you the unique opportunity to recoup the VAT incurred.
Using VAT IT's extensive experience and simple sign-up and refund process, every invoice can be turned into cash for your business.
Claim the VAT that's rightfully yours in four simple steps:
1. Register your interest
2. Sign a few simple documents
3. VAT IT processes your claim
4. Receive your refund
Why choose VAT IT
VAT IT have spent two decades identifying, researching and perfecting the foreign VAT Reclaim process and built the best back end technology in the industry. By partnering with Euromoney Learning, we can provide you with a fast and effective way to reclaim your VAT which helps reduce the cost of your training.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
Can I claim back the VAT myself?
You can claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Effective Credit Risk Management
This three-day course provides participants with a clear understanding of what best practice credit risk management is and how it can support the achievement of business goals by ensuring that credit risks are only accepted where within risk appetite and that credit risks are effectively managed thereafter. This is done by looking in detail at the specific activities that form parts of the risk management framework and how these fit with a bank’s overall governance of risk, it’s business strategy, group risk appetite/tolerance and regulatory constraints.
Attend this course and learn:
- What best practice credit risk management looks like
- About governance frameworks and how to make them effective
- What regulatory requirements and expectations are and how they are changing
- The external operating environment
- The roles and responsibilities of business and credit risk management
- How credit risk, and how it is managed, varies by customer and product type
- Tools and techniques for managing credit risk
- About risk types, how they interact and impact credit risk and how to address this
It would be helpful if participants were familiar with the governance framework for their own organisation and had a reasonable understanding of credit risk
Who should attend
This course is designed for:
- Chief Credit Officers
- Senior Business Heads
- Senior Risk Managers/Analysts
- Senior Credit Heads
- Senior Product Managers
- Senior Audit Managers
Day 1The Governance Framework
- An overview of the governance framework
- What is risk appetite and risk tolerance
- Risk appetite and risk tolerance setting and implementation
- Building and maintaining an effective risk management framework
- Where credit risk management and credit risk committees fit
The Operating Environment
- An overview of the operating environment within which bank’s accept and manage credit risk
- The factors that have influenced the current operating environment
- The causes and consequences of the financial crisis and their on-going impact
- Basel III and other regulatory initiatives
- Opportunities and threats – challenger banks and shadow banking
- Who are the key internal and external stakeholders
- What are stakeholders interests
- Why stakeholders interests are different
Day 2Credit Risk Management
- An overview of credit risk and best practice credit risk management
- Customer, product and risk types
- Key elements of the credit risk management framework
- Governance and credit risk
Managing Credit Risk
- Credit risk appetite – setting and monitoring
- Credit risk authorities – delegation and oversight
- Credit risk committees – best practice for establishment and operations
- Concentration risks – setting policy and portfolio monitoring
- Credit policy – setting, implementation and monitoring compliance
Day 3Managing Credit Risk
- Models – review and approval of credit risk models, data issues
- Product risks – product programme review and approvals
- Controls –setting standards and monitoring compliance
- Reporting – defining reporting requirements and regular monitoring
- Audit reports – commissioning reviews and assessing audit findings
Credit Risk Assessment and Management
- Approaches to assessing credit risk – individual judgement vs automated systems
- The credit risk cycle – assessment, decision making, post approval management
- Early warning signs – how to identify warning signs and how to address them
- Problem credit management – how to minimise the risk of losses
Review of key learning points
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – we have delivered training solutions for 95% of worlds’ top 100 banks and have trained over 250,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 150 strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 20,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 180 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 96% on service and 95% on product
BiographyThe Course Director is an experienced and qualified banker with an international career spanning over 35 years, 20 years of which were spent working in Asia and the Middle East. During that time he has worked for leading UK banks in front line business and held risk management roles at group level interfacing with business operations on a global basis. He has extensive experience of risk and risk management at both divisional and group levels and across a wide range of business activities and customer types including retail, SME, corporate and wealth management clients. He has been involved in the establishment and management of risk and credit risk committees up to group level as well as a member of committees at various operations levels and across a wide range of business areas. He has a long-standing interest in training and education on risk and risk management. He is a published author, Risk Management in Emerging Markets, and is principal examiner for Module 1 of the Institute of Risk Management’s Certificate in Risk Management qualification. He currently runs his own business offering risk training and consultancy services
Your training venue will be confirmed by one of our course administrators approximately 3-4 weeks before the course start date.
As such we have detailed our most frequently used training destinations in London on this map. If you need help booking accommodation for your visit to our training courses, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our partners will help you get the best rate possible."