Reclaiming Your VAT
Reclaim the VAT on your Euromoney Training Courses in the UK
Why am I being charged VAT?
The EU VAT Directive stipulates that all training and educational courses that are provided in the UK must include a VAT charge on payment.
Can I reclaim my VAT back?
Overseas delegates who attend our courses in the UK are eligible to claim their VAT back once it has been paid.
How can I claim the VAT back paid on a course?
There are two ways in which you can claim back VAT back from the UK.
Option 1 - Directly through HM Revenue and Customs
The most cost-efficient way is to claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
Option 2 - Through our Recommended VAT Reclaim Service – VAT IT
The specific rules for VAT reclaim will vary according to the laws of your country of residence. This can be complicated and time-consuming.
Euromoney have an exclusive partnership with VAT IT, specialists in international VAT reclaim. VAT IT will review, process and submit your VAT refund on your behalf.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
If you want to find out more about this service, please email your details to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Essential Non-Legal Skills for High Performing In-House Lawyers
This course represents module 2 of General Counsel & Chief Legal Officer (CLO) Programme.Attending this intensive, practical and highly interactive two-day training course and learn essential non-legal skills to help you to perform at your best in-house, including:
- How to identify your own and others’ thinking, learning, communication and behavioural styles
- What motivates you and others
- To recognise your own biases
- How to optimise overall performance by developing clear and effective communication skills
- How to manoeuvre office politics
- Ways to develop more personal influence
- Essential workplace survival skills
- Ways to build your confidence and ability to work with other people
During this training course you will you will learn why Legal Counsel need to become SMARTER:
Self-aware: able to recognise your own strengths, weaknesses, beliefs, values, attitudes, motivations and emotions and to understand how you are perceived by others.
Motivated: able to inspire and empower yourself and others to develop full potential or to sustain high performance.
Adaptable: able to respond agilely and effectively to new and changed conditions, whether in legal service delivery or the organisation generally and to evolve to meet organisational needs.
Resilient: able to cope with unexpected challenges and to survive or recover quickly from pressures, setbacks or other situations which impact performance.
Team focused: able to apply professional knowledge and skills in ways that add value to the organisation as a whole and to work collaboratively with others to promote understanding and efficiency.
Emotionally engaged: able to perceive, understand, express and manage emotions in oneself and others to impact and influence outcomes and achieve personal, team or organisational goals.
Relatable: able to establish, build and maintain connections with others and be responsive, accessible, approachable and understandable to others.
This course is tailored specifically for Legal Counsel keen to meet the demands of business leaders who want their lawyers to deliver increasingly client-focused levels of service and continue their evolution as true partners in the business. If you are looking to work more effectively and efficiently with others, build and maintain successful and professional relationships, develop SMARTER skills and learn to adapt and use your skills confidently and effectively in different situations and contexts, then this interactive and highly practical course will help you to discover with insight, knowledge, ideas and skills how to connect, communicate, collaborate and contribute for better personal performance, team effectiveness and organisational impact.
The program will highlight valuable skills essential for success in a business environment and will provide a useful forum for networking and sharing experiences. Delegates will be able to contribute to numerous group discussions, as well as draw upon the extensive experiences of each other and the Course Director.
Day 1Understanding yourself and others
How well do you know yourself, your colleagues and your organisation? Gain an understanding of what makes you and others “tick” and how that impacts the ways in which you perceive and are perceived by others and how that translates to good and bad human interactions and office politics.
The Personality Puzzle
- The Big 5: OCEAN
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- DiSC Profile
- Stereotypes: the “Lawyer Personality”
- Personal audit of key traits
- Self -Motivation
- Types of motivators:
- Motivation Theories:
- Maslow’s hierarchy of needs
- Herzberg’s motivation-hygiene theory
- McClelland's Human Motivation Theory
- Hawthorne Effect
- Expectancy Theory
- Motivating others
- Implicit or unconscious bias
- Cross-cultural awareness
- Fast and slow thinking
- Learning and communications styles
- Leadership styles
- Decision-making styles
- Office politics: challenges and strategies
Understanding and Developing Emotional Intelligence
- Become self-aware about your strengths and weaknesses
- Manage yourself according to the needs of your organisation
- Be socially aware about other people, and the politics of your organisation
- Build healthy relationship management among colleagues
- Develop specific competencies:
- Emotion perception
- Impulse control
- Emotion management
Essential survival tools and techniques
It's not enough to recognise differences in personalities, thinking, learning, communication and behavioural styles; you need to be able to adapt your own style and use tools and techniques to enable you to communicate and work together successfully with other people, especially when their styles are very different from your own. On Day 3, we explore some essential survival skills.
Influencing and Persuading
- How to explain complex legal concepts to non-legal colleagues
- Building your own personal presence, credibility and gravitas
- The psychology of persuasion; 6 principles to consider
- How to speak up and get people to listen
- Get your point of view across confidently, without upsetting others or yourself
- Learn to say NO when you need to
Constructive Conflict Management
- Common sources of conflict
- Options for managing conflict
- How to have difficult conversations
- Strategies for handling unreasonable and difficult colleagues
- Forging alliances
- Lawyer negativity and burnout
- Recognise what triggers your “buttons”
- Rest, recovery and recharge
- Envision choices and adjust perspective; but know when to quit
- Stress busters
- Being present
- Mindfulness practices
- Well-being challenges
- Achieving balance
- Personal well-being assessment
Clinic: To discuss issues raised by participants
Recap: Building your own personal presence, credibility and gravitas
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course.
Our Tailored Learning Offering
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – we have delivered training solutions for 95% of worlds’ top 100 banks and have trained over 250,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 150 strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 20,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 180 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 96% on service and 95% on product
Kelli ReadA practical real-world curriculum of both personal and professional skills for empowering in-house lawyers to respond and meet the demands of business leaders to deliver value to their organisations
BiographyKelli Read is an experienced and versatile general counsel with an extensive background in finance, M&A, corporate, commercial, contractual and risk management matters, gained over 25 years’ global experience in a variety of environments. Kelli has worked in both the public and private sector, in private practice and in-house,– in legal, business and leadership roles - including law firms (King & Wood Mallesons, Herbert Smith Freehills), investment banking (Nomura International), financial services (RBS Group/WorldPay & BNY Mellon), private equity (Terra Firma Capital Partners & GI Partners), a non-departmental public body (QCDA), professional services (PwC & AlixPartners), technology services (SQS Group and Shift Left), higher education (The University of Law) and as an executive (Commercial Director) in portfolio business operations in the healthcare and education sectors (Cambian Group). Kelli was born in and was first qualified and practised in Australia. She was later admitted as a UK solicitor in 1992 and has lived and practised law in the UK since 1996. Kelli is London-based and balances a portfolio career working as a general counsel adviser to SMEs and as a consultant to in-house legal departments, specialising in the training and coaching of lawyers and teams, developing strategies and building skills for better personal performance, team effectiveness and organisational impact. Kelli has a particular interest in legal team assessment, team building and leadership coaching. She is accredited in individual (Trait Emotional Intelligence Questionnaire (TEIQue®) and team emotional intelligence assessment (Team Ei Survey) and was recently certified in the Bates Executive Presence Index (ExPI™) assessment tool. Kelli is an engaging presenter who challenges participants to think critically about how to meet the complex challenges faced by in-house counsel and what the legal department should be considering and doing to tailor itself to and be aligned with business needs.
Your training venue will be confirmed by one of our course administrators approximately 3-4 weeks before the course start date.
As such we have detailed our most frequently used training destinations in London on this map. If you need help booking accommodation for your visit to our training courses, please contact email@example.com and one of our partners will help you get the best rate possible.