Reclaiming Your VAT
Reclaim the VAT on your Euromoney Training Courses in the UK
Why am I being charged VAT?
The EU VAT Directive stipulates that all training and educational courses that are provided in the UK must include a VAT charge on payment.
Can I reclaim my VAT back?
Overseas delegates who attend our courses in the UK are eligible to claim their VAT back once it has been paid.
How can I claim the VAT back paid on a course?
There are two ways in which you can claim back VAT back from the UK.
Option 1 - Directly through HM Revenue and Customs
The most cost-efficient way is to claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
Option 2 - Through our Recommended VAT Reclaim Service – VAT IT
The specific rules for VAT reclaim will vary according to the laws of your country of residence. This can be complicated and time-consuming.
Euromoney have an exclusive partnership with VAT IT, specialists in international VAT reclaim. VAT IT will review, process and submit your VAT refund on your behalf.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
If you want to find out more about this service, please email your details to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) Programme (BIBF)
This course is run in partnership with the Bahrain Institute of Banking and Finance
To book your place, please contact email@example.com
This advanced 3-day course in compliance risk management will refine your understanding of how to align, manage, and implement a compliance vision that supports your firm’s mission with behavioral integrity as the cornerstone.
A long term senior financial services executive who is currently a dean and professor with over 20 years’ experience in compliance and risk, the course instructor combines a range of learning methods to examine:
- the integrative nature of compliance in the overall firm mission and corporate governance structure
- behavioral compliance; the emerging field that focuses on the use of social science concepts in psychology and economics to influence behavior built upon integrity and values
- the appropriate development and use of risk metrics
- the development of a corporate compliance culture and the CCO's challenge in influencing communication and organisational behaviour
- the integrative nature of compliance in the risk spectrum
- the development and management of an end-to-end compliance programme
- today's most pressing compliance and risk challenges such as stressing testing and CCAR
Attend this intensive 3-day course and:
- Discuss and debate the roles and responsibilities of the CCO with like-minded peers
- Understand how compliance fits into the organisation and corporate governance structure
- Understand behavioural compliance and how to implement effectively in your organisation
- Learn how to use various tools and methods to develop and use the best risk metrics
- Update your knowledge of the latest global regulations
- Learn how to motivate and retain the right people
- Gain guidance in how to address internal political as well as practical challenges in establishing an effective compliance function and executing the CCO role
- Improve your ability to communicate and report effectively as a CCO
Setting The Stage
Compliance in the Corporate Governance Spectrum: appropriate alignment of the compliance function in the organization’s corporate governance structure. It All Begins With Why: an investigation into the development of a corporate compliance culture built upon the emerging field of behavioral finance and behavioral compliance; introduction to the neuroscience that underlies behavior in a compliance environment.
- End to End: Development of the appropriate rubrics in building and managing an effective end to end Compliance
- Programme Case Study 1: Misalignments and the escalation of inappropriate compliance systemsThe Appropriate Use of Metrics and their Effective Communication for Issue Spotting, Escalation, and Resolution
- Kicking the Tires: Internal, Pre-emptive Compliance Stress Testing
Where Do I Fit In: Compliance and its effective management through understanding the intricate areas of risk management:
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Liquidity Risk Management
- Credit Risk Management
- Operational Risk Management
- Compliance Risk Management
- Legal Risk Management
- Market and Portfolio Risk Management
Reporting What Matters: designing effective meetings and structures across the business lines and the control functions to obtain the appropriate data and information for an effective compliance department to function
- Research in the Areas of Compliance and Risk Management
- Developing an Effective Compliance and Risk Training Programme: design and implementation of a detailed and effective
- Training Needs Analysis and Training Plan
- Developing an Effective Compliance Risk Assessment Matrix: design and implementation of a detailed and effective
- Compliance Risk Assessment Matrix
Compliance and Risk Simulation: application of concepts through a multi-tiered compliance and risk simulation including role playing, break outs, data, negotiation, and resolution
Deep Dive: Anti-Money Laundering and Combatting Terror Financing
The morning will be devoted to the development of an effective anti-money laundering programme and its implementation and management in a financial services institution.
The exercise is conducted by a step by step methodology that includes the organizational risk profile; management risk appetite and tolerance, the client onboarding process; effective KYC and KYI methodologies, developing monitoring and surveillance systems and reporting; appropriate reporting and escalation; scenario testing; and decision making.
- Understanding the Business to Understand Compliance
- Staffing: What Makes for An Effective Compliance Officer: skill sets; qualities; and experience
- Best Practices in the Management of the Compliance Function
- Emerging Compliance Issues Around the Globe
- Compliance Resources and Tools
It’s the Stress that Will Kill You: Stressing Testing and the interconnecedness of Compliance and Risk across the organization
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – we have delivered training solutions for 95% of worlds’ top 100 banks and have trained over 250,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 150 strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 20,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 180 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 96% on service and 95% on product