Claiming Back Your VAT
All attendees of a London based course incur VAT as a part of the cost of attendance.
Euromoney Learning have partnered with VAT IT to allow you the unique opportunity to recoup the VAT incurred.
Using VAT IT's extensive experience and simple sign-up and refund process, every invoice can be turned into cash for your business.
Claim the VAT that's rightfully yours in four simple steps:
1. Register your interest
2. Sign a few simple documents
3. VAT IT processes your claim
4. Receive your refund
Why choose VAT IT
VAT IT have spent two decades identifying, researching and perfecting the foreign VAT Reclaim process and built the best back end technology in the industry. By partnering with Euromoney Learning, we can provide you with a fast and effective way to reclaim your VAT which helps reduce the cost of your training.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
Can I claim back the VAT myself?
You can claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Transaction Banking: Understanding Services, Applications and Products
This two day Transaction Banking Masterclass is an intensive course covering all aspects of Transaction Services, both from a corporate treasury and a transaction banking perspective. Topics focus on FX, Liquidity, Risk, Technology, Trade & Supply Chain Finance as these form a fundamental part of the transaction service from a companies perspective.
The course ensures that all participants are brought up to speed by fully understanding the role of the Corporate Treasurer, as well as insight into how the Treasury Department and Company itself operates as a whole. The course does this by uncovering the needs and challenges of the treasurers clients, their working practices, routines and procedures. By doing this, participants will become better equipped with the services which they can sell to their respective client groups.
Participants will leave the Masterclass with an enhanced understanding of the Transaction Services needed by the client and what it will take for the Transaction Banking team to meet these needs. By this understanding, participants should gain insight into how to significantly grow the share of cash management business and increase mandate wins.
After this course participants will be able to:
• Understand how and why a company manages its transactions and cash
• Appreciate what a corporate treasurer does in a typical day
• Understand how the bank’s transaction banking products and services can meet the needs of the corporate customer
• Understand the cash and liquidity management offering from their own bank
• The impact of these services on the banks balance sheet and funding requirements
• Understand how to offer an integrated transaction banking service to their clients including treasury, FX trade finance, supply chain, cash management, product and sales knowledge.
• New trends within the payment landscape like, open banking, On- and offline payments and infrastructure like Swift and Blockchain
• Apply what has been learned in an integrated business case
This training will allow bank staff to better understand how the bank’s transaction banking solutions can support its customers in a way that is both efficient and financially rewarding
Day 1 - Transaction Banking Business Model
1. The Business model and relevancy of Transaction banking and the need for Liabilities
• What is transaction banking from a bank perspective
Business model of a transaction bank and its relation to Liability gathering of the bank
2. An Overview of corporate treasury: What is cash and liquidity management and why is it important to corporates?
• Liquidity management, Balance management and Fund management
• Cash Flow management, Execution of commercial, treasury transactions & Working Capital
• Funding and Risk management (Interest and FX)
3. The treasury policy – Treasury manual
• From treasury policy, controls, to instruments used to execute the treasury policy and meet the treasury objectives
4. The Treasury organization and its processes
5. Different treasury models and KPIs
• How is the treasury organisation organised to meet the company’s strategy, KPI’s and de-centralised versus centralised model
6. How technology enables the ecosystem,
• Digital transformation of the ecosystem,
• Technology, Open Banking, Fintech, Omnichannel, Near banking
Day 2 – Clients Cash to Cash Cycle and application
1. The cash to cash cycle and mitigating risk
2. How is Transaction banking supporting the customers’ needs and linking in the fundamentals of transactions
• Clearing and settlement and the different actors including SWIFT
• Fundamentals of payment instruments in relation to Cash & Liquidity management
• payment instruments: Wire, ACH, Checks and Cards;
• collection instruments: Direct Debits, Letter of credits, Cards (Merchant services);
• Trends and developments, particularly in the disintermediation, new providers, Instant payments, E & M commerce, API’s and blockchain application.
• Local practice and developments (Banks SME/ product manager)
3. Cash management should support the business - Cash, liquidity and FX awareness
4. Managing the firm’s liquidity, Cash concentration, cash pooling and Cash & liquidity investments
Application for the afternoon
5. Intensive Corporate treasury case
• This is a group work assignment whereby the different groups will work on the same case.
• Thereafter we will do a plenary debrief.
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – we have delivered training solutions for 95% of worlds’ top 100 banks and have trained over 250,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 150 strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 20,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 180 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 96% on service and 95% on product
BiographyJoost Bergen is the Owner and Senior Advisor of Cash Dynamics, a boutique advisory and training firm. Joost is a broadly oriented senior finance professional raised as an advisor and trained as a banker, with working experience within corporates and banks. Through his career Joost has worked for many listed and non-listed multinational corporations with headquarters or financial centres in Europe. He has shaped and redefined the treasury function for different organisations. Designed the treasury policy, defined the management controls, selected and implemented the treasury infrastructure and selected/ implemented banking partners.Joost is responsible for assignments with corporate treasuries and with transaction banks, both G-SIBS and D-SIBS. Prior to setting up Cash Dynamics, Joost worked for a Corporate Finance firm (1996), ABN AMRO Bank (2000) and a Finance & Treasury advisory firm (2007). Joost holds a master of Applied Economics from the Radboud University in the Netherlands. His 20 years of experience provide him with a thorough understanding of Corporate Cash & Liquidity Management, Financial Supply Chain activity and the expectations towards the Transaction and Corporate Banking community. This enables him to advise banks in enhancing their Transaction Banking value proposition in relation to changing client needs, regulatory changes like Basel III and opportunities technology provides in the payment area, client engagements and how it brings operational efficiency. This knowledge, experience and insights is employed in his coaching and training activities. Joost develops training curriculums and moderates’ training, both in-house and at open enrolment training, as well as within the academic world. Next to this Joost managing and moderating the Liquidity Management Working Group of the EBA (Euro Banking Association). He is Managing Director of the Executive Master of Finance & Control Program of the University of Amsterdam and he engage and advice financial technology start-ups in their business development to accelerate.