Reclaiming Your VAT
Reclaim the VAT on your Euromoney Training Courses in the UK
Why am I being charged VAT?
The EU VAT Directive stipulates that all training and educational courses that are provided in the UK must include a VAT charge on payment.
Can I reclaim my VAT back?
Overseas delegates who attend our courses in the UK are eligible to claim their VAT back once it has been paid.
How can I claim the VAT back paid on a course?
There are two ways in which you can claim back VAT back from the UK.
Option 1 - Directly through HM Revenue and Customs
The most cost-efficient way is to claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
Option 2 - Through our Recommended VAT Reclaim Service – VAT IT
The specific rules for VAT reclaim will vary according to the laws of your country of residence. This can be complicated and time-consuming.
Euromoney have an exclusive partnership with VAT IT, specialists in international VAT reclaim. VAT IT will review, process and submit your VAT refund on your behalf.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
If you want to find out more about this service, please email your details to: email@example.com
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
SME Banking Masterclass
A comprehensive 4-day strategic management course for banking experts that will help you to:
- • Implement a successful SME strategy
- • Build a SME focussed sales force and increase the cross-selling rate
- • Introduce innovative products and "product bundles"
- • Calculate risk adjusted pricing
- • Apply standard risk cost, RAROC, economic capital and EVA
- • Apply modern credit scoring systems
- • Improve the credit decision process
- • Implement an effective risk limit system
Lending to SME customers presents one of the greatest opportunities for commercial banks to pursue growth and profitability; at the same time it ties up a large amount of economic capital and represents substantial credit risk.
Taught by an internationally experienced banking executive, this course is designed to give delegates a comprehensive overview of how to build a successful SME banking strategy and how to raise the performance of their institution. The course will teach how to use the planning process to set goals, to control costs and to increase the profitability of clients and focuses on the needs of SME customers, how to define their product needs and discusses efficient client relationship management. The concept of risk adjusted pricing and minimum pricing based on the usage of standard risk costs, economic capital, RAROC and EVA will also be introduced.
- • The course will use real-life case studies and examples to develop delegates' understanding of all aspects of SME banking, client management and credit risk issues.
- • Provides hands-on examples of how to create value by implementing efficient credit decisions and creating efficient rating and scoring systems.
- • Through practical examples illustrate how qualitative and quantitative ratios are applied to examine the creditworthiness of clients and transactions.
- • Finally, you will assess the main risk factors in SME banking and learn how to mitigate these risk factors and to use an effective portfolio management.
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course.
Our Tailored Learning Offering
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – we have delivered training solutions for 95% of worlds’ top 100 banks and have trained over 250,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 150 strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 20,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 180 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 96% on service and 95% on product
BiographyBorn in Belgium, the course director is of British nationality. He was raised and educated both in England and Belgium, where he graduated from the University of Louvain (UCL) in Belgium, with a Masters in Applied Economic Sciences. From 1973 to 1991 he developed his career in banking with American Express and Chase Manhattan Bank. During those years he covered many areas of banking of which credit and marketing, risk management, product development and management, budgeting / MIS and strategic planning as well as general management. He was exposed to local and international markets in Retail Banking and Corporate Banking (SMEs, large global corporations and Institutionals). He had management responsibilities at departmental level and General Management responsibilities included CEO - Country Manager Chase Belgium and EMEA Sales Executive Risk Management Products. In 1991, he founded a Management Consultancy firm, PI Consulting SA Belgium, and developed his business with large European financial institutions. In 2008 he founded BC&T Ltd in Mauritius to take over the consulting and training activities of PI Consulting SA, Belgium and focused primarily on emerging countries and banks, while maintaining his activities in Europe, the Middle East and Asia. He has had consulting mandates with banks such BNPP, AXA, Barclays, Soc Gen, FNB, BBS and many more. He has collaborated with large solution vendors (Teradata, CSC, SAS...) in risk management, compliance and IFRS solution design as well as client valuation and management solutions. The course director has worked in over 50 countries around the world, with banks and other financial institutions either as project manager in management consulting assignments or as training course director. He has collaborated with large international consulting and IT firms such as Computer Science Corporation, Teradata and others, as senior business consultant and industry specialist.
Dubai has an incredible number of hotels. Courses held here are mainly held at the:
Nassima Royal Hotel
Plot 49 Sheikh Zayed Road, Trade Centre District Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Nassima Royal Hotel is a modern, stylish, luxury hotel on Sheikh Zayed Road. Towering at 51 stories, the hotel offers stunning views over Dubai and its iconic landmarks.
You can also view other recommended hotels on this map:"