Reclaiming Your VAT
Reclaim the VAT on your Euromoney Training Courses in the UK
Why am I being charged VAT?
The EU VAT Directive stipulates that all training and educational courses that are provided in the UK must include a VAT charge on payment.
Can I reclaim my VAT back?
Overseas delegates who attend our courses in the UK are eligible to claim their VAT back once it has been paid.
How can I claim the VAT back paid on a course?
There are two ways in which you can claim back VAT back from the UK.
Option 1 - Directly through HM Revenue and Customs
The most cost-efficient way is to claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
Option 2 - Through our Recommended VAT Reclaim Service – VAT IT
The specific rules for VAT reclaim will vary according to the laws of your country of residence. This can be complicated and time-consuming.
Euromoney have an exclusive partnership with VAT IT, specialists in international VAT reclaim. VAT IT will review, process and submit your VAT refund on your behalf.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
If you want to find out more about this service, please email your details to: email@example.com
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
SME Banking Masterclass
A comprehensive 4-day strategic management course for banking experts that will help you to:
• Implement a successful SME strategy
• Build a SME focussed sales force and increase the cross-selling rate
• Introduce innovative products and "product bundles"
• Calculate risk adjusted pricing
• Apply standard risk cost, RAROC, economic capital and EVA
• Apply modern credit scoring systems
• Improve the credit decision process
• Implement an effective risk limit system
Lending to SME customers presents one of the greatest opportunities for commercial banks to pursue growth and profitability; at the same time it ties up a large amount of economic capital and represents substantial credit risk.
Taught by an internationally experienced banking executive, this course is designed to give delegates a comprehensive overview of how to build a successful SME banking strategy and how to raise the performance of their institution. The course will teach how to use the planning process to set goals, to control costs and to increase the profitability of clients and focuses on the needs of SME customers, how to define their product needs and discusses efficient client relationship management. The concept of risk adjusted pricing and minimum pricing based on the usage of standard risk costs, economic capital, RAROC and EVA will also be introduced.
• The course will use real-life case studies and examples to develop delegates' understanding of all aspects of SME banking, client management and credit risk issues.
• Provides hands-on examples of how to create value by implementing efficient credit decisions and creating efficient rating and scoring systems.
• Through practical examples illustrate how qualitative and quantitative ratios are applied to examine the creditworthiness of clients and transactions.
• Finally, you will assess the main risk factors in SME banking and learn how to mitigate these risk factors and to use an effective portfolio management.
Who should attendThis course is for top bankers, senior executives who are expected to reach this level, and those who support directly the top management teams of their banks:
- The leaders of banks who are keen to enter or boost business with SME’s:
- CEO’s, members of boards of management and top executive committees
- Owners of banks and their supervisory board directors
- General managers, executive vice presidents and directors who are:
- Directly involved in SME Banking
- Working for subsidiary companies that provide specialized services to SME’s, for example, insurance, leasing, investment and software services
- Senior executives responsible for “support” divisions, including Strategy, Marketing, Sales Support, Risk Management, Credit Risk, Market Risk, Operations, Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Internal Audit and Compliance
“High-flyers” with potential to “rise to the top” will also find the course broadening and beneficial.
The concepts will be reviewed in 4 days as this training covers a large scope of subjects.
Module 1: The foundations
The SME market and its core role in economic development
SME definition and market segmentation
SME Banking business models
SME contribution to profitability and value
SME bank strategies and management domains
Module 2: The SME Market
Dynamic multi-dimensional segmentation
SME internal competencies and required support
SME business and financial risks
SME financial reporting
Module 3: SME Banking products
Deposit and investment products
Module 4: SME Marketing and Relationship Management
Sales and distribution strategies
Product push versus product pull strategies
Multiple distribution network (branches, other)
Marketing campaigns versus relationship management
Role and responsibilities of the Relationship Manager
RM Key Performance Indicators
Module 5: SME Credit Risk Management
Credit Risk analysis, scoring and rating models
Credit facilities and collateral structuring
Credit management through the credit contract life
Event Based Credit Management
Management of collections and past dues
Credit Risk Compliance constraints (Basel 2 & 3)
Module 6: SME Market Risk Management
Interest rate risks definitions and management
Liquidity risks definitions and management
Impact on the SME banking products
Compliance (B2 & 3) constraints
Module 6: SME Operational Risk Management
Operational risks definitions and management
Impact on the SME banking processes
Compliance (B2 & 3) constraints
Module: 7 SME relationship profitability and SME pricing
Pricing SME products (loans, deposits, transactions)
Risk Based pricing
Relationship based pricing
Relationship profitability and Value
Module 8: SME bank profitability and value
Profitability analysis, the ROE and RORAC analysis
Value analysis, EVA and DCF analysis
Key Performance analysis
The SME Bank Balanced Scorecard
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – we have delivered training solutions for 95% of worlds’ top 100 banks and have trained over 250,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 150 strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 20,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 180 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 96% on service and 95% on product
BiographyBorn in Belgium, the course director is of British nationality. He was raised and educated both in England and Belgium, where he graduated from the University of Louvain (UCL) in Belgium, with a Masters in Applied Economic Sciences. From 1973 to 1991 he developed his career in banking with American Express and Chase Manhattan Bank. During those years he covered many areas of banking of which credit and marketing, risk management, product development and management, budgeting / MIS and strategic planning as well as general management. He was exposed to local and international markets in Retail Banking and Corporate Banking (SMEs, large global corporations and Institutionals). He had management responsibilities at departmental level and General Management responsibilities included CEO - Country Manager Chase Belgium and EMEA Sales Executive Risk Management Products. In 1991, he founded a Management Consultancy firm, PI Consulting SA Belgium, and developed his business with large European financial institutions. In 2008 he founded BC&T Ltd in Mauritius to take over the consulting and training activities of PI Consulting SA, Belgium and focused primarily on emerging countries and banks, while maintaining his activities in Europe, the Middle East and Asia. He has had consulting mandates with banks such BNPP, AXA, Barclays, Soc Gen, FNB, BBS and many more. He has collaborated with large solution vendors (Teradata, CSC, SAS...) in risk management, compliance and IFRS solution design as well as client valuation and management solutions. The course director has worked in over 50 countries around the world, with banks and other financial institutions either as project manager in management consulting assignments or as training course director. He has collaborated with large international consulting and IT firms such as Computer Science Corporation, Teradata and others, as senior business consultant and industry specialist.