Claiming Back Your VAT
All attendees of a London based course incur VAT as a part of the cost of attendance.
Euromoney Learning have partnered with VAT IT to allow you the unique opportunity to recoup the VAT incurred.
Using VAT IT's extensive experience and simple sign-up and refund process, every invoice can be turned into cash for your business.
Claim the VAT that's rightfully yours in four simple steps:
1. Register your interest
2. Sign a few simple documents
3. VAT IT processes your claim
4. Receive your refund
Why choose VAT IT
VAT IT have spent two decades identifying, researching and perfecting the foreign VAT Reclaim process and built the best back end technology in the industry. By partnering with Euromoney Learning, we can provide you with a fast and effective way to reclaim your VAT which helps reduce the cost of your training.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
Can I claim back the VAT myself?
You can claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Enterprise Risk Management
This course is about developing and implementing an effective, enterprise risk management (ERM) framework. Delegates will learn the key skillsets required for an effective ERM function, the systems software to be considered and how data should be collected and managed.
Participants will learn:
- How to define ERM within the firm’s strategic plan
- Corporate governance and the role of the Board of Directors and Management
- How to get started and actually implement ERM
- How to establish a risk appetite and risk profile
- How to structure and develop a sound enterprise risk management framework
Please select the location where you would like to attend the training programme for the course agenda.
Introduction and Overview
Modern Risk Management Vs Traditional Risk Management
What is risk management?
- Problems with the definition
- Traditional role of risk vis-a-vis the board and executive management
Enterprise risk management
- Definitions: COSO & CAS
- Risk as strategic-enabler
- Risk, EXCO and the board
- Dynamic notion of risk
- Risk as the state of information
- Risk exposure types
- Aggregating exposure across the enterprise
- The risk profile
- Risk exposure to performance and strategy
Aligning ERM and the Business Model
Roles and Responsibilities in ERM
- Board oversight and the risk appetite
- Executive management use of ERM for navigation
- CRO responsibilities
- The global petroleum case
- The Russian frozen-chicken case
Review of Day 1’s Concepts
Group Discussion of Homework
- Insights from the case study
A Risk Executive: The Chief Risk Officer
- Establishing the Chief Risk Officer
- Comparing the CRO to the traditional Head of Risk
- Key people
- In-class exercise and discussion on the ERM process
Homework: Positioning the Chief Risk Officer for Success Reading
Recap of Day 2
The CRO’s Toolkit
VaR and Tail loss measures
Risk adjusted performance measurement (RAPM):
- Various RAPM measures compared and objectives defined
- Risk-Adjusted Return on Capital (RaROC)
- Risk-Adjusted-Return on Risk-Adjusted Capital
- RAPM from an individual perspective
- RAPM from a portfolio perspective
- RAPM using capital allocations for market, credit and operational risks
Examples in Excel
- The SWOT Matrix
- Heat maps/risk matrices
- Quantifying severity and frequency
- Aggregation of risks
- Setting the risk profile and the risk appetite with the tools
Key Ingredients: The Board Risk Committee
- The Risk Committee’s design and function
- Risk Committee Charter
- Ideal elements of the Risk Committee meeting
Homework: Implementing ERM
Discussion of Implementing ERM Homework
- Agreeing on the business model
- Creating risk categories with owners and users
- Identification of risks in categories
- Develop a Standard Management Process
- Implement the process manually
- Build the ERM Knowledge warehouse
- Senior-management buy-in
- Conglomerate nightmares
- Merger problems/benefits
- Getting model results for market, credit and operational risk to coincide
- Difficulties with combining model inputs
- Difficulties in combining model outputs
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – we have delivered training solutions for 95% of worlds’ top 100 banks and have trained over 250,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 150 strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 20,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 180 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 96% on service and 95% on product
BiographyMaurice is a global management consultant, former banking executive and experienced, public company board member that has worked in over 60 countries. He has been an advisor and consultant to boards and executive teams with numerous, major banks, investment banks, central banks and investment funds, including notables such as Abu Dhabi Investment Authority, Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Wells Fargo, ING, HSBC, State Street, Sberbank, Bank of China, Construction Bank of China and The Monetary Authority of Singapore. He has also worked as an expert advisor and senior advisor for major consultancies, such as McKinsey, BCG, PwC and KPMG. Owing to his expertise in the underwriting of digital products, Maurice was previously the Chief Risk Officer (CRO) and executive board member of the bank which invented “mobile money,” and ultimately designed and executed the world’s first mobile lending product suite. He holds a PhD and MA in economics from Princeton, an MA certification from MIT and a double BA in mathematics and economics from Northwestern. Maurice is a former student of Nobel Prize winners John Nash and Daniel Kahneman and former Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke. In addition to his risk management related work, he currently employs cognitive science in advising startup integration at Fortune 100 companies. A widely sought after public speaker and columnist, Maurice lectures in the executive programme at Churchill College, Cambridge and has published numerous articles in the Harvard Business Review, Inc. Magazine and Business Insider.
The map attached details some of our most frequently used venues
If you need help booking accommodation for your visit, please contact email@example.com and one of our partners will help you get the best rate possible.